Siriusly Peace

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1289224040' post='2506039']
I don't think you understand what White peace is.

If my ally needed help, they'd get it.

My original point was that the war was being used by the other 3 Sirius signatories as an attempt to prove to the world that Sirius was to be taken seriously(hence all of this backslapping nonsense in the OP to make it seem like you did a good job of rolling that inactive alliance with a lower NS than you) and wasn't a useless and inane bloc. If anything you've done the opposite and proven us all right. Congrats.

[/quote]

You've provided almost no evidence for this; you have pre-determined notions about the use and worth of the bloc and you're writing your posts on things that have happened so as to back up what you already thought. When I say that they're backslapping because they are friends (treatied independently outside of the bloc) who share a common identity, I have exactly the same level of evidence as you do - conjecture based on pre-existing opinions. And you're that conjecture to try and ruin their reputation based on the fact you dislike it.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you understand what White peace is.[/quote]

oh i understand what white peace is. that does not negate the fact that we did win and offered white peace instead of reps.

[quote]If my ally needed help, they'd get it.

My original point was that the war was being used by the other 3 Sirius signatories as an attempt to prove to the world that Sirius was to be taken seriously(hence all of this backslapping nonsense in the OP to make it seem like you did a good job of rolling that inactive alliance with a lower NS than you) and wasn't a useless and inane bloc. If anything you've done the opposite and proven us all right. Congrats.[/quote]

since we are not in AcTi and were not in AcTi then, how were we supposed to know they were inactive? this whole insider knowledge you and others appear to have on the inner workings and activity level of AcTi is akin to spying. i mean ya'll seem to have known that AcTi would basically just roll over and die instead of fighting back. and the only means to know such before a war is to have spied on them.

[quote]Well if you can't wait that suggests you'd be willing to do something about it, or you're a coward.
And for the record I was in Mushroom Kingdom, I eagerly await your attempts to bring up some element of MKs past to use against my argument![/quote]

or you could realize what i actually meant. what i meant was that i can't wait for Umbrella to bring in their allies the moment a larger alliance hits them. and i am not talking about bringing in just enough of their allies to make it a relatively fair war but one in which they bring in more than enough allies to ensure that they take the least amount of damage possible. a tried and true tactic of any reasonable alliance. i actually like Umbrella, but glad to see you focus in on a small part of that sentence instead of reading all of it to ensure you comprehend what i was actually trying to say.

well, we have just witnessed MK extort an alliance over a lost trade. and i am fairly certain that MK is smart enough to ensure that should an alliance DoW them, they have enough back up to take the least amount of damage possible even if that means outnumbering the other alliance.

[quote]You all dogpiled in on AcTi without waiting to see if it's allies would defend. You could have been up !@#$ creek, lucky for you, you weren't. Had you bided your time you would have seen that only one alliance was needed to enter the war because as I stated before, TCU or TIO would have easily given TKTB the advantage they needed to beat AcTi. Had you done this, you would not be receiving the bad PR, it would have shown to the world that Sirius knew how to co-ordinate a war without throwing bodies at the problem.[/quote]

so now we need to wait to see if their allies get in on the war and thus leave our ally out to dry and take more damage? again, some ally you are. remind me never to ally an alliance should you ever be in charge of one. i would find it amusing to have an MDoAP with an alliance you lead and be told "Well, the war would be uneven should we enter, thus despite having a mandatory defense clause we simply can't join unless the other alliance has an ally that attacks you first." yeah, you would make an awesome ally.

had TIO, TCU, and BTA done what you said, they would have been treated as Conclave was for not activating their ODP. so really, either way, OWF PR wise it is a loss. which again is part of the reason why the OWF PR argument is full of holes. Had we continued to ZI Battalion we would have garnered negative PR. we let him go, we get negative PR. so why bother when all options lead to the same place with you guys.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1289242292' post='2506329']
had TIO, TCU, and BTA done what you said, they would have been treated as Conclave was for not activating their ODP. so really, either way, OWF PR wise it is a loss. which again is part of the reason why the OWF PR argument is full of holes. Had we continued to ZI Battalion we would have garnered negative PR. we let him go, we get negative PR. so why bother when all options lead to the same place with you guys.
[/quote]
As you may have noticed, most of these guys will constantly whine about anyone that they don't like. It doesn't matter what direction you take. The fact that you take time out to argue in circles with their posters amuses them.

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1289183096' post='2505591']
AcTi lost six nations since the start of the war.

The ANS before the war was ~38,000, see [url="http://www.viridianentente.com/showthread.php?24328-AcTi"]this[/url].

They lost ~228,000 NS from member loss, and are now at ~1,337,000 NS. They had ~1,700,000 NS at the start of the war.
1337000+228000=1565000
1700000-1565000=135000.

You destroyed approximately 135,000 NS, or ~8% of AcTi's pre-war NS.

Congratulations.
[/quote]
135,000 =\= Half a million

I don't think you understand what White peace is.
[/quote]
Technically, all white peace is is a term, or rather lack thereof. It's pretty obvious who would have prospered and who would have been leveled had this gone on, after all, it was 4 on 1.

Alright, this is quite angering me.

First of all, I'm not here to argue what side was correct, whether this war was relevant/purposeful, etcetera. I don't care, to be honest, since it's already over and in the past.

What does bother me to the point of fuming, is the amount of scapegoating going on. Let us be honest about a few things. First of all, this entire debacle is not entirely James' fault. I doubt that the war would have happened without the support of Sirius behind them. However, they did give support, and even further, they gave military support, and entered the war as well. The second that you all pushed your little war button, you became entirely responsible for whatever mess this became. It was no longer just James, or whoever else originated this. And just because James got disgusted with everything and left does not mean that are suddenly absolved of responsibility. If you were not ready to make the commitment to go to war, you shouldn't have. And the second you started the war, you should have seen it out to your purposes. I would have been quite angry myself if my allies pledged support, went to war with me, and turned their tail to run thirty six hours later when people started crying about it.

If you want to say James is some horrible person, that's your prerogative. But to say that he is entirely responsible for this entire situation? That is not only stupid, but also quite insulting to yourselves, the alliances of Sirius, to say that one man was able to influence your foreign policy so heavily.

[quote name='DarkEra97' timestamp='1289329187' post='2508324']
You did?
[/quote]

Once IAA joined up they gained attention. Plus alliances like TIO seemed to have competent leadership. Things were going well for them, and in my eyes they were on their way to being somewhat relevant and influential in the game... However after this fiasco, I give up hope. :)

[quote name='Shurukian' timestamp='1289318767' post='2508088']
Alright, this is quite angering me.

First of all, I'm not here to argue what side was correct, whether this war was relevant/purposeful, etcetera. I don't care, to be honest, since it's already over and in the past.

What does bother me to the point of fuming, is the amount of scapegoating going on. Let us be honest about a few things. First of all, this entire debacle is not entirely James' fault. I doubt that the war would have happened without the support of Sirius behind them. However, they did give support, and even further, they gave military support, and entered the war as well. The second that you all pushed your little war button, you became entirely responsible for whatever mess this became. It was no longer just James, or whoever else originated this. And just because James got disgusted with everything and left does not mean that are suddenly absolved of responsibility. If you were not ready to make the commitment to go to war, you shouldn't have. And the second you started the war, you should have seen it out to your purposes. I would have been quite angry myself if my allies pledged support, went to war with me, and turned their tail to run thirty six hours later when people started crying about it.

If you want to say James is some horrible person, that's your prerogative. But to say that he is entirely responsible for this entire situation? That is not only stupid, but also quite insulting to yourselves, the alliances of Sirius, to say that one man was able to influence your foreign policy so heavily.
[/quote]That being the case though, if he didn't have his personal desire to take down Batallion before he left, or however that could be worded, we wouldn't be having this discussion now. Yes we probably should have stopped him, or done something of the likes. I'd say our (other Sirius Leaders') personal desires for *something* to happen in this world overcame our rationality and thus had a war. However even if we didn't have that desire, we still would have defended TKTB should they have come under fire by any foe.

The only I thing that I feel TIO did wrong though, was let the ZI of Batallion go through on the individual surrender terms.

The other "controversies" though, listed below, I don't believe were wrong in carrying out, reasons added next to them

[list]
[*]TIO going into the war: We were defending our ally, it is as simple as that.
[*]Peacing out the war: James Maximus had left us, there was no need to carry on, enough damage was done to AcTi (Yes, through superior numbers and firepower, but the fact still remains) that no further terms were required. The war could have gone on, but nothing further would have been achieved, there was no cause, no reason.
[/list]

This whole thing wasn't an entire negative for us, we had our fun on the battlefield, some of the newer guys got a taste for war, and it spiced things up for a change. You could also use this as a form of military drill for us. We had our alliance mobilized for war at short notice (literally a day between the initial threat from Batallion that he'd declare war, and the actual war). I'm probably just rambling now, but internally, TIO can say that they benefitted from this war.

Naturally the alliances of Sirius will come out stronger for this, perhaps not in the PR form, but knowledge wise, we've learned from our mistake the hard way, but learned none the less.

[quote name='Robster83' timestamp='1289319171' post='2508097']
LMAO. Before this announcement I thought Sirius was growing to be a serious influence, and I had a lot of respect for you guys... this action just makes Sirius looks foolish. :/
[/quote]
I know a few of the alliances in Sirius and how they run internally and I can assure you...CN will be on it's deathbed when the day comes that they become a serious influence. (IAA doesnt count, they arent bad).

Props to Shurukian, good post.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1289343449' post='2508608']
I know a few of the alliances in Sirius and how they run internally and I can assure you...CN will be on it's deathbed when the day comes that they become a serious influence. (IAA doesnt count, they arent bad).

Props to Shurukian, good post.
[/quote]

Know a few of the alliances in Sirius as in you don't know them at all? :rolleyes: