An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

[quote name='Unko Kalaikz' timestamp='1286249541' post='2475387']
It dawns upon me just how clever this was. Not only are there the practical PR and military considerations, and opportunities for deceit and confusion; [b]it completely clicks ideologically with you and your allies culture of chaos which decries order and stability.[/b]
[/quote]
No, you are the only one who thinks there is some greater ideology behind MK et al. The ideology that supposedly fits this situation is your own, because no one else gives a flaming $%&@ about it.

But keep on trucking with your conspiracy theories and secret treaties!

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_IlH0VeTJce8/TH6KNYges4I/AAAAAAAAAWE/mzmn51PEMvI/s1600/tin-foil-hat-3.jpg[/img]

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Quiziotle' timestamp='1286249669' post='2475394']
Given the remarkably poor job you are doing of analyzing them, I would be inclined to believe otherwise.
[/quote]

I approach things in an objective manner in relation to the material conditions of the world we inhabit. Obviously as shroomer you won't publicly agree with such points of view that reveal the true intents of MK's foreign policy.

[quote name='Unko Kalaikz' timestamp='1286249804' post='2475402']
I approach things in an objective manner in relation to the material conditions of the world we inhabit. Obviously as shroomer you won't publicly agree with such points of view that reveal the true intents of MK's foreign policy.
[/quote]
Keep on fighting the good fight against invisible monsters, buddy.

[quote name='Unko Kalaikz' timestamp='1286249804' post='2475402']
[/quote]
Ah, 'objectivity.' What a wonderful word. Of course, considering you are blabbering on about your ideologies of 'order' in this thread it does make me a little sceptical that you are an objective party!

Coupled with your word choice of "I think..." i'd say any claims of objectivity on your behalf are a little hollow.

I like this move. B-)

OOC: No, but seriously. The "treaty everyone" policy that most alliances in power have been taking, if continued, will kill out the game. This is a good step for the game. Risky for MK, but good for the game. At the very least it will make things more interesting, and I honestly commend you for having the balls to step down from a near unassailable position. I am too inactive to have much of an educated guess as to your intentions, so I won't speculate, but only good can come of this, whether the eventual world war (or at least I hope there is one in the future) sees us on the same side or different sides, I wish you luck.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1286243900' post='2475011']
I'd have never pictured the, "Anything for our friends" alliance dumping all of theirs.
[/quote]

Yes, because we now have no friends. All of our friendships on Planet Bob were based solely on the treaties we signed, and now that they're gone, those relationships are as well.

It's quite sad. Quite sad.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1286249794' post='2475401'

But keep on trucking with your [...] secret treaties!

[/quote]
Really.

So if you were to be attacked by a superior force, you wouldn't be defended by any of your former allies? Is that what you're trying to say? It seems implausible.

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1286251612' post='2475461']
Really.

So if you were to be attacked by a superior force, you wouldn't be defended by any of your former allies? Is that what you're trying to say? It seems implausible.
[/quote]
That is exactly what a secret treaty is, congratulations. The only way anyone could possibly want to defend us against an opportunistic aggressor is if a 'peice of paper' bound them to do so.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1286251624' post='2475462']
Straight into the dustbin of history
[/quote]

Nice.

I hope more alliances follow suit and cancel all their treaties. Then the world will stagnate because no one knows who's behind them or their enemy.

And we'll still get to blame it on MK!

[quote name='NorthernLights' timestamp='1286251944' post='2475474']
Nice.

I hope more alliances follow suit and cancel all their treaties. Then the world will stagnate because no one knows who's behind them or their enemy.

And we'll still get to blame it on MK!
[/quote]

So whichever way it is, public treaties or just informal friends, what you're saying is that the world is too full of cowards for anything to happen anyway.

I agree.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1286251886' post='2475471']
That is exactly what a secret treaty is, congratulations. The only way anyone could possibly want to defend us against an opportunistic aggressor is if a 'peice of paper' bound them to do so.
[/quote]
An agreement to defend the other or do anything else is a treaty, whether bound to paper or not.