Pandora's Box

supercoolyellow

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Reptyler' timestamp='1286132936' post='2473289']
I would assume VE, since everyone expects us to be the Messiah of CN for some reason, but honestly I'd rather be one of the cool little creepy things.
[/quote]
[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1286134517' post='2473322']
Hahahahaha! VE? HAHAHAHAHA! I can't believe you just said that.

I can't wait to see this announced.
[/quote]
I'm glad I didn't have to be the one to say it for once.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1286136494' post='2473362']
The secret name that shall never be revealed in public is much better.
[/quote]
It's Bastion, isn't it?! Eeeeeeeeee! I'm so excited!

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1286138159' post='2473391']
It's jerks like you, supercoolyellow, that make Planet Bob so boring for non-gov. members. Even stealing an image someone graciously made? That's pretty low, even for you.

OPSEC and/or keeping high level treaties and blocs at government levels has been killing Planet Bob for years now for general memberships and the only thing you do is make Planet Bob less open for newer members and non-gov. members by making gov. even more timid about sharing info with their general memberships.
Congrats on making Planet Bob worse. That is the only thing you accomplished with this topic.[/quote]
What if I told you that a gov person told me about this. Could we argue that govs should stop telling govs? We all talk to each other.

If you are going to log dump, etc. at least make it about war or something. But then again, I looked at your AA and realized you are still just butt-hurt that [s]the alliance you were the meatshield for[/s] your alliance isn't in power anymore.

edit: for IC
[/quote]
Uh, guess which alliance was a meatshield, too? Why do ex-Continuum keep lobbing meatshield jokes this month?

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1286141251' post='2473461']
Signing and unsigning treaties without making an announcement makes maintaining the MDP web hard <_<
[/quote]
You know what else makes maintaining the treaty web difficult? Alliances that sign ODPs 3 weeks before signing a bloc with the same alliance. Bob I used to like you so much please get off the pee and join a legit alliance it's like seeing an old hero falling off a bar stool.

[quote name='KCToker' timestamp='1286142205' post='2473476']
It's coming to the realization that OWF is now only used by people who have nothing better to do than speculate stupidly for 30+ pages about stuff they really don't understand; in the process coming up with about 50-odd theories about the truth, only to go "AHA I KNEW IT" if/when the truth is actually announced.

Also grudges/attention-whores.
[/quote]
Where have you been for the last 3 years?

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1286134946' post='2473330']
I don't see how, these bloc is basically composed of all the heavy hitters that tie together C&G and SF, sans Sparta. Just seems like it cements power more to me.
[/quote]

Did you say sparta was a heavy hitter........? hahaha

It's jerks like you, supercoolyellow, that make Planet Bob so boring for non-gov. members. Even stealing an image someone graciously made? That's pretty low, even for you.

OPSEC and/or keeping high level treaties and blocs at government levels has been killing Planet Bob for years now for general memberships and the only thing you do is make Planet Bob less open for newer members and non-gov. members by making gov. even more timid about sharing info with their general memberships.

Congrats on making Planet Bob worse. That is the only thing you accomplished with this topic.
[/quote]
I completely agree with this man's idea, though his way of presenting it wasn't the smartest.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1286138825' post='2473407']
You're accusing the guy who finally brought this to the majority of non-gov people of making the game boring for non-gov people?

I understand your sentiment, but your aim seems a bit off.
[/quote]
He's saying that in this case the governments of certain alliances (VE for example) told their general membership about what was coming. Because they told their general membership and there was then a "leak" (the OP is considered as a leak), the general membership will not be told of this anymore.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1286143660' post='2473496']
The first I've heard of this.
[/quote]
Thanks for that. I honestly hate people who are like "omg i knew forever, i'm sooo in the loop!" Get the $%&@ outta here.

Edited by Jay Z

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1286142973' post='2473483']
Fark? Announce something? Clearly we donot know the same alliance :P
[/quote]

I must be confusing all the Beer Reviews with actual Fark announcements; my apologies. :lol1:

[quote name='Jay Z' timestamp='1286144255' post='2473508']
He's saying that in this case the governments of certain alliances (VE for example) told their general membership about what was coming. Because they told their general membership and there was then a "leak" (the OP is considered as a leak), the general membership will not be told of this anymore.
[/quote]

Congrats on punishing all of your members over a leak, that most likely came from the gov level. I also don't even see what's the big opsec deal here, it was going to made public one way or another.

If keeping members in the dark on other things like this in the future really is some alliances' response to this, that smells more like an excuse to further isolate some weak government members from their alliances' memberships. :rolleyes:

I got so caught up in the quotes that I forgot my real reply.

Who do the people claiming that this bloc is going to get rolled presume is going to roll it? Frostbite? Citadel? Unless there's another bloc that is actually a secret being formed, are we saying that the other half of the world is going to get together out of the blue?

I can't say how this bloc will act. I can say how the alliances in this bloc act, but the next statement is not a prediction about this bloc. What we can say is that blocs don't get rolled for existing by disparate groups of alliances. Blocs roll disparate alliances, not the other way around. Any rolling you see in a unipolar world will not be of this bloc.

I don't believe the announcement of a treaty to be OPSEC which is why Pandora's Box was leaked so rapidly. However, if it was a DoW, then leaks are usually but not always contained until right before the DoW is posted.

Meh...it happens.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1286141309' post='2473462']
"Hey MK, are you going to be leaving a fight?"

What a stupid question.
[/quote]
You're not truly in this fight until propaganda is made.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1286145306' post='2473520']
I got so caught up in the quotes that I forgot my real reply.

Who do the people claiming that this bloc is going to get rolled presume is going to roll it? Frostbite? Citadel? [b] Unless there's another bloc that is actually a secret being formed[/b], are we saying that the other half of the world is going to get together out of the blue?
[/quote]

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1286145732' post='2473526']
This is a total fabrication.
[/quote]

It would be interesting to know the origin of the rumours. I know who I heard it from, but I don't believe anyone in any of these alliances speaks to him much less would be leaking bloc intel. A few of these alliances have real affinities for awesome graphics, and to be honest I was positively underwhelmed when I got it in PM the other day.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1286146437' post='2473549']
[/quote]
I told you to keep your mouth shut YOU DUMB COW!

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1286146990' post='2473556']
It would be interesting to know the origin of the rumours. I know who I heard it from, but I don't believe anyone in any of these alliances speaks to him much less would be leaking bloc intel. A few of these alliances have real affinities for awesome graphics, and to be honest I was positively underwhelmed when I got it in PM the other day. [/quote] The alternative name has better graphics.

You guys are way dumb, the imagery is pretty simple to understand.

Collectively the six alliances are Pandora and they are 'subtly' letting everyone know that they have access to another hidden weapon that they can call on if needed.

So the real question is: who's the secret seventh signatory - The alliance that's hidden in the box? :psyduck:

[quote name='Some-Guy' timestamp='1286147539' post='2473560']

Collectively the six alliances are Pandora and they are 'subtly' letting everyone know that they have access to another hidden weapon that they can call on if needed.

So the real question is: who's the secret seventh signatory - The alliance that's hidden in the box? :psyduck:
[/quote]

It's UPN.

[/quote]
hey that's my joke you jerk

give it back it is mine

[/quote]
I'm going to go ahead and say NPO. Its clear that this is a Pacifican attempt at creating a super-grievances civil war.

Edited by kentsfield

[quote name='kentsfield' timestamp='1286148169' post='2473571']
I'm going to go ahead and say NPO. Its clear that this is a Pacifican attempt at creating a super-grievances civil war.
[/quote]

The scary thing is that even though we all know this, it's working... :tinfoilhat:

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1286147839' post='2473565']
hey that's my joke you jerk

give it back it is mine
[/quote]

Jesus, you can't even let me pretend I had an original thought before. YOU HAD TO RUIN IT!

Go play in traffic you heartless cad.

[quote name='kentsfield' timestamp='1286148169' post='2473571']
[/quote]
Ahahahahahahahahaha

That really would be the best piece of political manoeuvring, ever. This is where, if I wasn't in one of the listed alliances, I would say 'hats off if it were true' or something, because that really would be brilliant.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1286149814' post='2473598']
Ahahahahahahahahaha

That really would be the best piece of political manoeuvring, ever. This is where, if I wasn't in one of the listed alliances, I would say 'hats off if it were true' or something, because that really would be brilliant.
[/quote]

i say its FAN >_>

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1286143554' post='2473494']
>heavy hitters
>sparta
[img]http://www.myfacewhen.com/images/88.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

They're treatied to 3 C&G members, 3 SF members, treatied to the largest alliance in the game, the alliance with the most ridiculously powerful upper tier in the game, and in the NOIR, the largest collection of NS in the game. They tie SF and C&G together and are for all intents and purposes, untouchable. Yes, they are a heavy hitter. Also, before you go crying that I'm a Spartan lapdog or suckup, I was the guy who posted the DoW on them last war that dropped 15 million NS on them. I have my own personal history/issues with Sparta, but to dispute the fact that they are a "heavy hitter" is laughable

[quote name='Jay Z' timestamp='1286144255' post='2473508']
Did you say sparta was a heavy hitter........? hahaha
[/quote]

[ooc][quote]8/25/2010 3:41:02 PM (39 days old)[/quote][ooc]

Wow so you've been around for a whole month. You are clearly knowledgable and informed and know so much about Sparta, and their years of history before you were even here. Or maybe you're talking out of your ass and copying HoT because you're a cool kid and imitation is all you're capable of.