Protection Rescinded

Schattenmann

[center][IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/Flags/header.png[/IMG][/center]

When GOONS and several allies began their Red Safari to attack uninvolved unaligned nations as a tool for some cheap masturbatory thrills, Cult of Justitia contacted as many as we thought able to try to assist them, and mostly to prevent their inevitable deletion. In doing so, we stumbled upon the micro-alliance U.S.S.R. which had been attacked prior to the Safari, fought back, and was in the middle of getting ground into dust for daring to protect their own. However, we offered them help, and we would not retract that offer over something as petty as an oversight on our part.

Once we negotiated an end to the war between U.S.S.R. and GOONS, I issued a unilateral protection of the AA. Two of the nations joined CoJ, up to 8 remained on the U.S.S.R. AA. Sadly, protection and aid are quite meaningless to nations whose rulers have already made the decision to abandon their nations--a logical decision in their situation, before we intervened--and within a week or so all but one of the nations had ceased to exist. Miristan was active after the war with GOONS, then he was raided by FOK, and then by GOONS again. Despite an announcement here, despite an entry on the wiki, despite any rules, despite any "do not raid" list at GOONS forum. He was offered reps by GOONS which were withdrawn after 2 days, 3 at most, then resubmitted several days later with the reason "lol."

But once again, reps haven't any use for a nation whose ruler has made the logical decision not to come around again. And why should Kazanait have come around anymore? In his experience joining an alliance of 10 nations did not stop techraids or allow him the opportunity to prosper, a well-publicized protectorate didn't stop techraids or give him a chance to prosper.

None of the things that we tell nations to do to avoid war and grow worked for Miristan, because to some people these formalities are [i]not[/i] roadblocks to attacking aligned, protected nations without cause, rather, they are reasons to do it [i]anyway[/i] with the knowledge it'll just cost a top-tier nation in their alliance some chumpchange. Because of this, today we are less 7 or 8 nations; it is a loss we all bear as our world slowly shrivels up.

The alliance U.S.S.R. no longer exists; therefore, Cult of Justitia rescinds protection of that alliance affiliation.

Farewell, Miristan.

Schattenmann
Presbyter, Cult of Justitia

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems another alliance has been destroyed due to the greed of some tech raiders who won't limit themselves in who they can tech raid until they're taught a lesson or forced to. Good luck to the CoJ and any former U.S.S.R. members that still might be around.

[quote name='Tigerdonia Redux' timestamp='1285689907' post='2466882']
If you want something done quit crying and post some screenshots. You know this better than anyone Schatt.
[/quote]

This is the only screenshot that matters:
[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/norecord.gif[/IMG]

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='DeadAnimal' timestamp='1285690770' post='2466895']
Yeah, because a protected AA really messed with you. Way to celibrate a loss to the community of Bob. Hope you feel cool there tough guy.
[/quote]

Micro AAs usually die off pretty quickly, especially if they don't have protection and guidance. It's the ~circle of life~.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1285690464' post='2466889']
Mess with the best, die like the rest :smug:.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]As far as I know USSR never did anything to "mess" with you. Like most, they were quite content to mind their own business. Then you come along and decide to make things unnecessarily difficult.

I've come to accept that not much can be done about tech raiding, although I do enjoy there being some standards employed when it done. "PM for peace" I always like. It was always simple for the victim to end it. Then GOONS decides that is not enough, and got the asinine that new rulers must "prove" their desire for peace by writing several hundred word goofy essays and demean themselves before GOONS. With that as their first taste of this world, it is no wonder many just decide it is not worth it to continue. First impressions mean a lot, and you're not doing much to help. And before you chalk it up to them just being "weak willed," have you ever stopped to wonder and think that most people simply don't want anything to do with your goofy little tricks? That they realize that if the only way to be able to exist in this world is to make a fool of themselves with juvenile essays? Most people have better things to do. Like it or not, you are a cancer in this world.

Furthermore, if USSR was on GOONS' no raid list, you violated policy. You owed reps, yet you rescinded them. Do not think that any of us are fooled. Your motivations for your harassment of USSR was not for tech, it was not a raid gone wrong. No, it was to get to Schatt and CoJ. That alliance, which wanted nothing more than to exist in peace, was bothered simply because of your dislike of Schattenmann.

How long is it before GOONS simply does away with rules, and backs any member who hits major alliances? If protectorates mean nothing to do you, why should large and established alliances deter you? Unless they're popular, but there are plenty of alliance those in power dislike. You'd be able to get away with pulling a stunt on them. Just as you did with raiding CoJ's protectorate.[/color]

[quote name='DeadAnimal' timestamp='1285690770' post='2466895']
Yeah, because a protected AA really messed with you.
[/quote]
Yes, they declared war on us in fact, and hit nations who weren't involved with the tech raids when they retaliated. This is the end result. Schattenman clearly didn't do enough as their protector to help them make their mark on bob, pretty clear he only did it in the first place for political reasons.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1285691202' post='2466901']
Micro AAs usually die off pretty quickly, especially if they don't have protection and guidance. It's the ~circle of life~.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Except this one did have protection. GOONS simply didn't care.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1285691354' post='2466904']
[color="#0000FF"]Except this one did have protection. GOONS simply didn't care.[/color]
[/quote]
We did care, I sent the reps myself for the times goons mistakenly attacked them, I only rescinded them because they were obviously not going to be accepted, but offered them again in good faith. Prior to the protection they were fair game.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1285691298' post='2466903']
Yes, they declared war on us in fact, and hit nations who weren't involved with the tech raids when they retaliated. This is the end result. Schattenman clearly didn't do enough as their protector to help them make their mark on bob, pretty clear he only did it in the first place for political reasons.
[/quote]

You mean the poor little raid target actually fought back to your acts of agression? Woe is you! That totally justifies continuing to raid them after they got protection.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1285690464' post='2466889']
Mess with the best, die like the rest :smug:.
[/quote]
On your best day you are almost mediocre. So it should read: [i]mess with the almost mediocre on our best day, die like the rest. [/i].

Edited by Alterego

You dun messed up big time for me to be agreeing with RV.

Any action outside of ghost removal that takes people out of this game is just bad form at this point.

On second thought, look out GOONS,

[img]http://img1.coolspacetricks.com/images/commentgraphics/celebrities/96096.jpg[/img]

Man, it only seems like yesterday that people got outraged over stuff that was actually worth it.

I look forward to at least twenty five pages of bickering by idiots trying to act like intellectuals, the terms "sovereignty", "straw man", "ad hominem" and "valid" being used hundreds of times by people trying really hard to sound like they know what their talking about, thousands of responses unrelated to the posts they quoted, and of course a large helping of irrational hate.

Edited by Il Impero Romano