Official Independent Republic of Orange Nations Announcement

peron

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1285205273' post='2461627']
I would have liked to see Matt Miller begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting as President, I find it puzzling that he's never been tapped on the shoulder for a job, always a very respectful, reasoned, and dedicated member from what I could tell. Oh well, I'm sure RAB will do a fine job, Triumvir buddies ^_^ good luck IRON
[/quote]
Rab will do well for IRON, and while I totally agree with you as to Matt Miller it is my understanding that the RL monster is after him as well. That said Matt Miller is a terrific member of IRON's government and membership as a whole and I guarantee that he's there for advice and collaboration with Rab or any IRON President for that matter.

As for the Meat Puppets I think Proximus hit it out of the park, whereas Kalasin offered up a swing and a miss. In fact its quite charming to see the CnG squad on the prowl.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='andrew734' timestamp='1285202831' post='2461578']
Since it seems the Mushroom Kingdom and their Meat Puppets don't approve then McRabt must be a better choice than even I thought
[/quote]
Why don't you ask him how he killed every ounce of respect we gained for you guys in our QnA session, and all with a single post?

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1285205776' post='2461635']
IRON calling someone a 'meat puppet'. This truly is the thread that keeps on giving.
[/quote]
Well look what happen the LAST time they tried to use the word "shield"

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2775/4122764415_47d945db41.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i45.tinypic.com/jjw9jb.png[/img]

[quote name='Calderone' timestamp='1285205794' post='2461636']
Rab will do well for IRON, and while I totally agree with you as to Matt Miller it is my understanding that the RL monster is after him as well. That said Matt Miller is a terrific member of IRON's government and membership as a whole and I guarantee that he's there for advice and collaboration with Rab or any IRON President for that matter.
[/quote]

I actually agree. Matt Miller is probably the most competent member of IRON and I respect him.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1285190422' post='2461330']
Needs more NAH.
[/quote]

Alas! I'm am but a puppet of NAH's will have no fear!

Thank you to all the well wishes I have received, to the expected nay sayers I say this:

Upon accepting the job it had occured to me that your reception to this announcement would be rather coasy, indeed I have not been disapointed, so thank you for living up to my expectations. I however do not intend to live up to yours. Quite to the contrary while I understand that your perception of me in the past has been one of hostility, I re-affirm that I hold no ill bearing toward you. I may not always agree with your points of view but I would like to stress that I am open to friendly communcation with anyone who is genuinely interested in moving forward from what has been a sour past.

I expect that most of you will likely pass on this offer but it remains nonetheless. As President of IRON I will seek reconcilliation not hostility where it is not neccesary. I see no benefit in the festering of old grudges (including ODN) and will strive to increase positive communication with those who may view us negatively for our past, our appearance on these boards or otherwise. Those of you who are interested I extend the hand of IRON friendship.

[quote name='Owney OSullivan' timestamp='1285201544' post='2461543']
The reaction of MK members in this thread just confirms that we made the correct decision. o/ MCRABT!
[/quote]
You're not special, unfortunately. Whining about the affairs of other alliances is what they're known for these days (as a recent poll confirmed). 'omg you suck we're good' is the typical MK post in an announcement involving other alliances; apparently they need the bravado. I can only guess that it boosts the otherwise withering self-esteem of the persons making the comments.

Oh yeah, and 'grats to the elected individuals.

Edited by Aimee Mann

[quote name='Owney OSullivan' timestamp='1285201544' post='2461543']
The reaction of MK members in this thread just confirms that we made the correct decision. o/ MCRABT!
[/quote]

I tend to agree. Actually, I think they would be making the same remarks regardless of who was named.

Congrats MCRABT and hopefully RL doesn't get you too down, Peron.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' timestamp='1285247571' post='2462110']
You're not special, unfortunately. Whining about the affairs of other alliances is what they're known for these days (as a recent poll confirmed).
[/quote]

You do realize that this post, right here, is as much 'whining' as any MK post, right? Actually, it's more like actual whining than MK posts...

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1285248367' post='2462120']
You do realize that this post, right here, is as much 'whining' as any MK post, right? Actually, it's more like actual whining than MK posts...
[/quote]

So now you're whining about the whining about the whining? :awesome:

MCRABT is laying an olive branch at his critic's feet. We'll see what MK and the others do with it.