The Best Friend an Alliance Could Have

LeonidasRexII

The Best Treaty Partner  

687 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as I saw this topic, I immediatly realized MK was far and away the most stalwart ally. Why do people keep making these polls? Not that it isn't interesting, but Mushroom Kingdom's members are really active on the forums and they (understandably) always vote for themselves.

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1284085522' post='2448352']
MK=6
Legion=2

Popularity poll. Illegitimate for the topic.

Edit: Now 7-5. It still seems skewed, but not as much as before. I withdrawl earlier statement.
[/quote]
Maybe we're popular because we stick to our treaties.

Enough with these damn polls...

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1284084553' post='2448331']
I voted TOP, although I couldn't help but notice you didn't include NSO who I would strongly consider. A lot of those alliance don't even come to mind when I consider alliances who are always good to their friends, rather than just opportunists who are friends when things are going for good for an 'ally' but cancel if things look bad or they need help.
[/quote]

Heh, really? You think TOP is the best ally an alliance could have?

It's missing GOD, but I voted Valhalla because <3
There are a lot of alliances that this is missing, a lot of alliances I'm close with (mine, Kronos, included) would go to ZI for any treaty that they sign.

MK=6
Legion=2

Edit: Now 7-5. It still seems skewed, but not as much as before. I withdrawl earlier statement.
[/quote]

A poll about honoring your treaties is illegitimate because MK is winning and Legion isn't? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. When I was in IAA and we asked for help from Legion in GATO-1V, they pretty much told us to go $%&@ ourselves. When I was in GR, and we asked for help from MK in noCB, MK stood by us 100%.

Voted MK.

[quote name='Kosh Naranek' timestamp='1284080321' post='2448255']
I refer you to the Karma War and [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Coalition_of_Cowards"]this[/url].

[/quote]
I remember the Karma War. I remember they were the second of the CC to join the war, just hours after Echelon did. I remember [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Phoenix_Federation_Resistance_Movement"]something[/url] along the lines of them not leaving the war until all of their allies had attained peace (including NPO). Since then NPO has gotten to know them pretty well; well enough to sign an MADP with a 30 day cancellation clause.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1284080449' post='2448258']
Don't really know that much about them. Why don't you tell us why they should be on it?
[/quote]
Above statement.

MK=6
Legion=2

[/quote]

Yes -- who could ask for a better friend than one who attacks you in spite of a shared mutual defense pact?

[quote name='Jacques Cousteau' timestamp='1284093252' post='2448554']
Topics like this are silly. They turn into popularity contests. You could empirically prove the answer but its all meaningless.
[/quote]

The point is not to prove anything, but rather to find out what people think. So far so good, because I've learned a lot already.

[quote name='Horatio Longworth' timestamp='1284093838' post='2448568']
I remember the Karma War. I remember they were the second of the CC to join the war, just hours after Echelon did. I remember [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Phoenix_Federation_Resistance_Movement"]something[/url] along the lines of them not leaving the war until all of their allies had attained peace (including NPO). Since then NPO has gotten to know them pretty well; well enough to sign an MADP with a 30 day cancellation clause.

Above statement.
[/quote]

Yeah, we fought for over 100 days of 1 vs 3 nuclear war in Karma, but we still hear the CoC bullcrap. Used to it by now, mostly from alliances who have maybe fought 2-3 weeks total of losing war in their entire existance.