Foreign Affairs Dispatch from the New Pacific Order

Malatose

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1281893714' post='2416784']
I remember Sparta being quite fine with it when it was in place, doing nothing. I dont think you thought this one all the way through, lol.
[/quote]

Here's the thing. Sparta didn't do nothing about it. They started moving away from you, quietly signing treaties with the opposition, starting with Athens actually. When you crossed the invisible little line in the sand and came after their friends as you had come after so many others, they canceled on you and attacked you after the cancellation period was up. And they didn't do it to be part of the glorious new world order or to save their pixels. They did it because they were sick of your behavior to the rest of Planet Bob, and sick of the way you treated them.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1281890389' post='2416729']
I know. Lack of comprehension is a common failing of both NPO and the Sith. This is somewhat akin to the difference of opinion about the meaning of "we'd consider aid sent to a nation we deem a rogue and are at war with as an act of war". In both cases an Order made a decision which brought any then current negotiations to a screeching halt[/quote]

Ehh what? I did some research and found out from my dealings with TENE that had RoK delivered the proof (That somehow escaped us even with sedrick leaving out the beginning bits with TENE) that we asked for after RoK told us he was a rogue, this entire war and PR Disaster on RoK's part could have been avoided.

Hmm, sounds rather suspicious to me--RoK could have avoided the war by simply asking TENE to explain things to us (Indeed, TENE themselves, with the promise of military support, could have easily come to us with the whole story...Not that they would really need the military support then)

I don't know what you believe, but Hoo is not an idiot and I am sure he could have figured out that sedrick was only telling us half the story.

Krunk the Great
Ruler of Morgoth
Master of Lies
Grandmaster of Truth

Edited by Krunk the Great

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1281912390' post='2417065']
Here's the thing. Sparta didn't do nothing about it. They started moving away from you, quietly signing treaties with the opposition, starting with Athens actually. When you crossed the invisible little line in the sand and came after their friends as you had come after so many others, they canceled on you and attacked you after the cancellation period was up. And they didn't do it to be part of the glorious new world order or to save their pixels. They did it because they were sick of your behavior to the rest of Planet Bob, and sick of the way you treated them.
[/quote]
Sparta got treated fine, the big babies.

As far as I could tell they just didn't like all the mean things being said about the Continuum and so decided to offer themselves to the popular kids, even if that meant turning their back on the alliance that had empowered them.

Your argument would have more weight if they had actually left the Continuum before it was safe. Gramlins and FOK don't get attacked like Sparta does for their part in the Karma war because when they decided they didn't want to be in the Continuum anymore, they actually left. Sparta held on until the very end, and then immediately turned around and attacked the very thing that had made them as strong as they were.

Not sure what this has to do with GATO, though.....

[/quote]

For me, it's just treason of the highest level and I don't buy the excuse that the poor and naive Sparta was tired of how NPO treated them, it wasn't just profitable for them stay in NPO side anymore, plain and simple.

[/quote]

Comrades Heft and D34th sum it up pretty much. Your post backs up the fact that they cared nothing for Pacifica or the Continuum and yet continued to profit off of it.

Edited by Wentworth the Brave

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1281915612' post='2417133']
For me, it's just treason of the highest level and I don't buy the excuse that the poor and naive Sparta was tired of how NPO treated them, it wasn't just profitable for them stay in NPO side anymore, plain and simple.
[/quote]

It's not an excuse. I was there, communicating with them at the very highest levels. I know exactly how everything went down.

[quote name='Wentworth the Brave' timestamp='1281916254' post='2417152']
Comrades Heft and D34th sum it up pretty much. Your post backs up the fact that they cared nothing for Pacifica or the Continuum and yet continued to profit off of it.
[/quote]

It had nothing to do with not profiting from it, it had everything to do with not painting a giant target on their backs.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1281916487' post='2417159']
It's not an excuse. I was there, communicating with them at the very highest levels. I know exactly how everything went down.

It had nothing to do with not profiting from it, it had everything to do with not painting a giant target on their backs.
[/quote]
Londo, Dont go into the light. It's not worth it dude heh.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1281916487' post='2417159']

[b]It had nothing to do with not profiting from it, it had everything to do with not painting a giant target on their backs.[/b]
[/quote]

So they were pathetic little cowards? We seem to be in agreement here, not that it has anything to do with this topic however.

01[14:27] <&Omniscientone[gato]> all the numbers though Lanore[afk]
01[14:27] <&Omniscientone[gato]> are against us
01[14:27] <&Omniscientone[gato]> if we go in with NSO
01[14:28] <&Omniscientone[gato]> so I'm thinking of simply canceling the NSO treaty.

Thanks for your unwavering support GATO.

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1281854136' post='2416472']
[IMG]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r160/qinqe/CN%20Graphics/AS6Options.png[/IMG]

How typical for NPO to slam a door in need of a slight adjustment. It appears that GATO's options just increased exponentially.

Antonio Salovega VI
Guazabara'guani
Republic of Qinqe
[/quote]
What options would that be? To be a follower? Compete with ODN and Sparta to see who can be the most notorious cowards?

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1281856464' post='2416498']
GATO is 3/3 with the treaty cancellations. Congratulations!
[/quote]
And your former alliance will soon be 2/2 in disbandments. Good job getting out. Congratulations!

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281904883' post='2416938']
RV what you're saying is a complete lie, and you all know the things I done for NSO. [b][size="4"]The only thing NSO ever tried to give in return was to whine about how we were never on their side or some crap like that.[/size][/b] Since I only brought up the cancellation thing to try and greater inform D34th. I don't want to go over the same trite arguments again. It will only turn into a NO U argument over and over again.
[/quote]
Yeah, whine about how an ally was never on our side or some crap like that. How silly of us to expect allies to side with us.

Omni, fill in the blank of what GATO did for NSO:

1. _______________________________

Its not even a list. I made it easy for you, just name one thing.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='silentkiller' timestamp='1281917104' post='2417173']
So they were pathetic little cowards? We seem to be in agreement here, not that it has anything to do with this topic however.
[/quote]

No they had eyes. They could see what happened in a world where not being allied to NPO was a crime of the highest order, requiring brutal curbings and disbandments. So they bided their time and, moreover, maintained their commitment to you as an ally. They would have continued to do that in fact had you not given in to your baser tendencies and tried to kill off their allies. I don't think Sparta would have ever been interested in supporting an aggressive war against NPO. They behaved honorably in the lead up to Karma, regardless of what the hegemonatards may think or say. You were the barbarians. We were the guardians of civilization.

[quote name='Lennox' timestamp='1281917372' post='2417182']
01[14:28] <&Omniscientone[gato]> so I'm thinking of simply canceling the NSO treaty.

[/quote]

Also on a more on topic note these are very, very interesting logs. I'm interested in seeing them in a wider context.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281903576' post='2416912']
I am very comfortable with why Pacifica canceled on us. I'm very comfortable with the decisions made concerning NSO. I am not comfortable with how things turned out and the mess that would later surround the cancellation. Both sides got hurt in the process and the fact is we will more than likely never be able to recover that. Once, I went to some NSOers privately and many NSO allies and explained every fact in detail then we all agreed it was just a crappy turn of events for all of us. If you'd like to do the same I'm in your channel most of the time. I'd love to discuss things with you.[/quote]

But it turns out that wasn't the case at all, and were simply spinning events to yourselves and Congress to get them to vote for the initial cancellation, and then banking on a groundswell of apathy to ensure it stuck.

[quote]
Just as you are forgetting how many times we helped NSO too. [b]Considering our original plan was never to simply leave NSO out to dry while we sat back and laughed[/b] like many in the peanut gallery tries to make it out to be then I think what you're trying to say is mute. Both of our alliances made tough decisions that people who are looking from the outside second guess. I just don't see how you can't catch the hypocrisy in what you're saying. Like I said previously if you'd like to discuss this issue with me I'm available. :)
[/quote]Regarding the bold:

lol

As for the rest, see my above statement. You're ridiculous, Omni.

TehChron
Debater Extraordinaire
Ex-Shadow Government
Super Sekrit Shadow Government

Edited by Chron

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1281912390' post='2417065']Here's the thing. Sparta didn't do nothing about it. [/quote]
No.

They didnt do !@#$ in regards to the viceroy. That they switched sides later, due to set of different reasons many of which plain old opportunism and good old backstabbing, has absolutely no relevance at all to the concrete fact here discussed. To see you defend them like this, makes me happy-- is very self defeating for your character. hahaha

Anyway, to move away from "hegemonatards" and "You were the barbarians. We were the guardians of civilization." or whatever else inspired Londo can come up with, Ill just say once more that: "Sad but necessary". Yes,...I just went there,...

[/quote]

No offense but I need to ask, is it real? Because if it is will shut up everyone one saying "Poor GATO they aren't cowards just made a little mistake."

[/quote]

A fine display of strategic expertise.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1281920342' post='2417234']
Entirely real.
[/quote]

Nice to know, unhappily my opinion about GATO can't be any lower.

Edit: I'll save the logs for later user anyway :X

Edited by D34th

[/quote]

I'm sorry, but if these logs are true, this is pure gold.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1281918068' post='2417197']
No they had eyes. They could see what happened in a world where not being allied to NPO was a crime of the highest order, requiring brutal curbings and disbandments. So they bided their time and, moreover, maintained their commitment to you as an ally. They would have continued to do that in fact had you not given in to your baser tendencies and tried to kill off their allies. I don't think Sparta would have ever been interested in supporting an aggressive war against NPO. They behaved honorably in the lead up to Karma, regardless of what the hegemonatards may think or say. You were the barbarians. We were the guardians of civilization.
[/quote]

Whatever helps you sleep at night, buddy.