Foreign Affairs Dispatch from the New Pacific Order

Malatose

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1282068110' post='2419943']
I dislike the fact that I am in agreement with Cortath but in this case I think he is absolutely correct. Since both NPO and GATO agree that this is a sad but understandable occasion, this does not seem to be a resumption in their ancient hostile relations. Rather it seems to be the tried and true path which NPO has always trod. In response to the recent war, the NPO government initially raised their alert status from "CONDESCENDSION & CHUCKLES" to "SPIN DOCTORING". When the war further escalated, NPO was forced to increase the alert to "TREATY CANCELLATION". This is the Alert Stage at which this thread was started and was brought into play as mere camouflage for the fact that like GATO, NPO, too, has let their treaty with the Sith slide. Their next move may be to raise the alert status to "MEATSHIELD BARRACADES". Historically NPO has participated but seldom if ever actually lead the charge. Instead they let their treaty partners bear the brunt of the war and then partially assisted in their post-war recovery. This was argued as being fair and magnanimous on the part of NPO since it was NPO which wanted to prosecute the war in the first place. The final stage after that is "CAPITULATE-SURRENDER". These last two stages will be probably not be implemented for if NPO employs the one, the other will surely follow. CN has learned that NPO tech is highly collectable.

For the TL;DR crowd:
[IMG]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r160/qinqe/CN%20Graphics/AS6npoAlertSystem.png[/IMG]
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I thought this was about NPO and GATO amicably canceling a PIAT. What does anything you just said have to do with that? And is it really necessary to gloat? Sure, you won a single war against the NPO. I am sure you're happy, but really, it was just one war and almost impossible odds, and here they are today one of the strongest alliances in the world. Despite the adversity. You on the other hand are part of an alliance that disbanded in less than a week when put against the odds. Just thought I'd put your ramblings in perspective.[/color]

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1282073283' post='2420055']
Only the logs clearly show we would be canceling whether we fought for you or not. You seem to be ignoring that bit and twisting the words and even omitting some to suit what you think are your own needs. Fine, it's how you guys roll. Only this time you don't have a leg to stand on. Quit while you're ahead and you still have the dimmest bulbs in the room believing you.
[/quote]

So instead of being cowards, you would have simply backstabbed us?

Be proud of that.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1281920087' post='2417230']
Oh look, another thread that doesn't have to do with Sparta turning into a thread about Sparta. Awesome.

Can we get this show back on topic guys?

also, :wub: Londo :wub:
[/quote]

I believe you have one of your members, a certain jeff barr, to blame for sparta's name being mentioned in this treaty cancellation.

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1282068110' post='2419943']
I dislike the fact that I am in agreement with Cortath but in this case I think he is absolutely correct. Since both NPO and GATO agree that this is a sad but understandable occasion, this does not seem to be a resumption in their ancient hostile relations. Rather it seems to be the tried and true path which NPO has always trod. In response to the recent war, the NPO government initially raised their alert status from "CONDESCENDSION & CHUCKLES" to "SPIN DOCTORING". When the war further escalated, NPO was forced to increase the alert to "TREATY CANCELLATION". This is the Alert Stage at which this thread was started and was brought into play as mere camouflage for the fact that like GATO, NPO, too, has let their treaty with the Sith slide. Their next move may be to raise the alert status to "MEATSHIELD BARRACADES". Historically NPO has participated but seldom if ever actually lead the charge. Instead they let their treaty partners bear the brunt of the war and then partially assisted in their post-war recovery. This was argued as being fair and magnanimous on the part of NPO since it was NPO which wanted to prosecute the war in the first place. The final stage after that is "CAPITULATE-SURRENDER". These last two stages will be probably not be implemented for if NPO employs the one, the other will surely follow. CN has learned that NPO tech is highly collectable.

For the TL;DR crowd:
[IMG]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r160/qinqe/CN%20Graphics/AS6npoAlertSystem.png[/IMG]
[/quote]
Probably not; the Order knows how to spell.

[quote name='Cortath' timestamp='1282085624' post='2420497']
You know you're the assigned Ambassador from the Viridian Entente to the New Pacific Order?
[/quote]

You criticizing others on the propriety of their diplomatic actions goes so far beyond stones in glass houses that you've set a gold standard in whatever it is we end up naming what comes after.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1282091795' post='2420676']
You criticizing others on the propriety of their diplomatic actions goes so far beyond stones in glass houses that you've set a gold standard in whatever it is we end up naming what comes after.
[/quote]

Pacifica, setting benchmarks since 06. Beaten in Karma and still setting the gold standard. Is it truly our fault if our detractors come up 2nd best in everything they do? Dont blame us for your failings. :awesome:

Edited by Charles Stuart

[/quote]
Roasting marshmallows in a burn ward?

I don't know why VE is interjecting themselves into this, but if you are so eager to kill all formal diplo relations between our two alliances then that is fine. Seriously, this is meaningless. If you think you are getting on our nerves-- you are not, lol. But you are wasting every bodies time here and we can all go off better without this charade.

You don't like us. Fine. We get it. We don't hold a high opinion of alliances that disband-- no spine or character. We respect strength of a backbone.
So I suppose neither have a high opinion of the other and we can now just go our merry ways. Believe me, we will not try to insult you by childish banners in your threads. We have class. And backbone.

To make this somewhat on topic, just to say that hopefully relations between GATO and NPO do remain generally friendly, which they are (I do so believe), even without this PIAT.

[/quote]

Totally helping.

[/quote]

*shrugs* It's y'alls ambassador. You keep on making it seem as if you have no animus towards us and as if you want to work amicably and towards a brighter future. I had many positive experiences with many members of the Entente, particularly in regards to helping defend rogues. Where other alliances did nothing, VE at least made a sincere effort to try.

And I contrast those efforts, with the constant [edit]"rather rude posting"[/edit] of Pacifica by the official Ambassador of the Viridian Entente to the New Pacific Order, and I wonder, "Do they really want to try to move relations from the hostilities of the Armageddon War to a kind of neutrality, or are they simply trying to score some cheap political points on the OWF?"

I don't know. I'd ask the official VE Ambassador to the NPO, but I have a feeling I know the answer already.

Edited by Cortath

[IMG]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r160/qinqe/CN%20Graphics/AS6npoJoke1.png[/IMG]

[quote name='Cortath' timestamp='1282085624' post='2420497']You know you're the assigned Ambassador from the Viridian Entente to the New Pacific Order?[/quote]

Thank you so much for your kind reminder. However, your umbrage does not compensate for the fact that any breach of etiquette for which you think I am guilty pales to insignificance in comparison to the NPO protocol faux pas committed by Sir Paul.

Your alliance’s official publication, aka journalistic effort, tabloid, etc, has the sole purpose of taking potshots at people and alliances. Lettum, has specifically stated that [url=http://pacificorder.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=107219&st=26]“No alliance is above criticism.”[/url] That statement would include NPO, would it not? You have experienced a taste of NPO’s own “One Step Ahead of the Truth” medicine. From the offended whines, it would seem that my modest efforts have produced a bitter pill ... or perhaps I struck too close to home?

Again I offer “[i]quid pro quo[/i]". I’ll be more than pleased to return to my normal, tactful, diplomatic persona, when NPO (including Sir Paul) holds itself to the same standards it expects of others. Is it a deal? If not, I’ll understand. However, I’ll keep this offer open for the next opportunity which NPO provides. And with Sir Paul and his ilk around you know there will be another opportunity.

Edited by Antonio Salovega VI

[quote name='Cortath' timestamp='1282104885' post='2421136']
I don't know. I'd ask the official VE Ambassador to the NPO, but I have a feeling I know the answer already.
[/quote]

Don't mind him, I think he just takes his diplomatic post as ambassador to you guys so seriously that hes putting out some tough love. Why else would he have the patience for a new picture every post :x

On another note, best of luck to all those involved with the cancellation.

[quote name='Cortath' timestamp='1282046020' post='2419459']
I daresay you're wrong.

*chuckles*
[/quote]
Well at the very least, it can't be denied that with GATO's two most recent cancellations, it now sits diametrically opposed to Pacifica on the web. I doubt it would take much for this physical opposition to (re)evolve into a cultural one. Meh.

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1282108187' post='2421207']
Again I offer “[i]quid pro quo[/i]". I’ll be more than pleased to return to my normal, tactful, diplomatic persona, when NPO (including Sir Paul) holds itself to the same standards it expects of others. Is it a deal? If not, I’ll understand. However, I’ll keep this offer open for the next opportunity which NPO provides. And with Sir Paul and his ilk around you know there will be another opportunity.
[/quote]

Holding ourselves to the standards we expect of you? I'll let you know when we find someone willing to invest the time to hound every single VE topic unrelated to NPO and flood it with excessive and blatantly artificial insults that are irrelevant to the topic itself.

Edited by Letum

Your alliance’s official publication, aka journalistic effort, tabloid, etc, has the sole purpose of taking potshots at people and alliances.[/quote]
The alliance's official publication is PNN International and no, it doesn't.

Thank you so much for your kind reminder. However, your umbrage does not compensate for the fact that any breach of etiquette for which you think I am guilty pales to insignificance in comparison to the NPO protocol faux pas committed by Sir Paul.

Your alliance’s official publication, aka journalistic effort, tabloid, etc, has the sole purpose of taking potshots at people and alliances. Lettum, has specifically stated that [url=http://pacificorder.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=107219&st=26]“No alliance is above criticism.”[/url] That statement would include NPO, would it not? You have experienced a taste of NPO’s own “One Step Ahead of the Truth” medicine. From the offended whines, it would seem that my modest efforts have produced a bitter pill ... or perhaps I struck too close to home?

The NPO is not above criticism; however, what you are doing isn't criticism anymore. On our private forums, you are masked as the official representative from the Viridian Entente to the New Pacific Order with the task of trying to foster relations between our two alliances. On the public forums, you take the effort taken in private and run it into the ground.

[/quote]

I was going to respond to this, but I went and checked our embassies and saw you were replaced as ambassador to us by someone more willing to take the position seriously this morning. Now that you're just another member and not specifically in charge of mending relations with us, I don't have a problem with your attitude. Carry on.

Edit: I stand corrected; you still serve in an official capacity to us. Well, at least there's someone else to talk with.

Edited by hawk_11

[quote name='hawk_11' timestamp='1282135086' post='2421517']
I was going to respond to this, but I went and checked our embassies and saw you were replaced as ambassador to us by someone more willing to take the position seriously this morning. Now that you're just another member and not specifically in charge of mending relations with us, I don't have a problem with your attitude. Carry on.

Edit: I stand corrected; you still serve in an official capacity to us. Well, at least there's someone else to talk with.
[/quote]
I really appreciate how completely un-smug your post is! Thanks! Glad to see NPO has turned a new leaf....well, minus the years old behavior of cancelling treaties when you'd be beatdown for defending an ally.

[quote name='hawk_11' timestamp='1282135086' post='2421517']

[/quote]

VE doesn't really do the whole embassy thing. If you want communication with VE, IRC or our forums are the most practical ways to reach us.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1282152980' post='2421753']
I really appreciate how completely un-smug your post is! Thanks! Glad to see NPO has turned a new leaf....well, minus the years old behavior of cancelling treaties when you'd be beatdown for defending an ally.
[/quote]

Well then call me Grandmaster Smug, Dropper of Smuggy Beats and Driver of Priuses.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1282154487' post='2421794']
VE doesn't really do the whole embassy thing. If you want communication with VE, IRC or our forums are the most practical ways to reach us.
[/quote]

That's usually how I go about my business. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the company of VE. I was diplomat to them way back in the day, and I've been in #ve since it was founded in 2006. You guys are a very good group.