The Six Million Dollar War propaganda thread

ironchef

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1282275915' post='2423938']
What does a sad pikachu and building a hospital in your nation have to do with the war? And since when did NSO constitute a small alliance?
[/quote]

About as much as much as Rok's CB had to with the reason they went to war?

And, would you count it as big compared to the group ganging up on it?

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1282275915' post='2423938']
What does a sad pikachu and building a hospital in your nation have to do with the war? And since when did NSO constitute a small alliance?
[/quote]

I don't know about you, but I'm sad because pikachu is sad :(

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1282136657' post='2421538']
[IMG]http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a424/TheAUT2/Death-Star-star-wars-4534240-1280-800.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a424/TheAUT2/Death-Star-star-wars-4534240-1280-800-1.jpg[/IMG]

Two complaints, two death stars.
[/quote]
sorry about your ruined alliance

[quote name='LucarioXIII' timestamp='1282273197' post='2423882']
[img]http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/70/1282091173299.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Okay, so you went with the mock Mastercard method. But then your denominations are "Free," "Many Pixels," "180,000," and "Priceless" which makes no sense at all. The point is that you can place a monetary sum on each of the preceding purchases but the final one is unable to be bought. Free is, naturally, "price-less" and "many pixels" has no actual value, resulting in the rather inconsistent message. And of course, the final statement that a $6m CB is priceless is also quite odd, considering the cost of a 6m CB is normally valued at around 6m.

Then the line "For stupid CB's, [sic] ganging up on small alliances and not being NPO [sic]" instead of "for everything else" adds to the confusion. Assuming you are following the mastercard format and not simply plucking this out of the air, you are - in effect - saying that Ragnarok is the only source of pikachu pictures, alliances fighting back and the hospital improvement. Which is rather inconsistent with the rest of the propaganda peice.

In the alternative, you could of course have simply started with the mastercard template but then left it part way though. However, that final line still makes no sense. You are saying that only RoK is capable of ganging up on small alliances (not, for instance, GOD, R&R or VE) as well as saying that RoK is the only alliance who aren't the NPO.

Then comes a bit that confuses me. You have "For everything else? There's NSO" on the other side of the Pikachu. Now, assuming you are using the mastercard format still, this means that the NSO is unable to supply pikachus, alliances fighting back and the hospital improvemet (as apparently they are the exclusive right of RoK). If you have abandoned the template then apparently the NSO is actually the NPO.

Oh, and the pikachu makes no !@#$@#$ sense at all.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1282278653' post='2424005']
[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b265/KainIIIC/PinnochioMK.jpg[/IMG]

There's my stab at it. GOD lookin' pretty cute.
[/quote]
Don't give up your day job.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1282338266' post='2424889']
I don't know about you, but I'm sad because pikachu is sad :(
[/quote]
Anybody with a heart would be sad if pikachu is sad. :(
Anybody with a brain would figure out that the pikachu has actualy nothing to do with the message. :(

Edited by lordliam

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1282356319' post='2425267']
Okay, so you went with the mock Mastercard method. But then your denominations are "Free," "Many Pixels," "180,000," and "Priceless" which makes no sense at all. The point is that you can place a monetary sum on each of the preceding purchases but the final one is unable to be bought. Free is, naturally, "price-less" and "many pixels" has no actual value, resulting in the rather inconsistent message. And of course, the final statement that a $6m CB is priceless is also quite odd, considering the cost of a 6m CB is normally valued at around 6m.

Then the line "For stupid CB's, [sic] ganging up on small alliances and not being NPO [sic]" instead of "for everything else" adds to the confusion. Assuming you are following the mastercard format and not simply plucking this out of the air, you are - in effect - saying that Ragnarok is the only source of pikachu pictures, alliances fighting back and the hospital improvement. Which is rather inconsistent with the rest of the propaganda peice.

In the alternative, you could of course have simply started with the mastercard template but then left it part way though. However, that final line still makes no sense. You are saying that only RoK is capable of ganging up on small alliances (not, for instance, GOD, R&R or VE) as well as saying that RoK is the only alliance who aren't the NPO.

Then comes a bit that confuses me. You have "For everything else? There's NSO" on the other side of the Pikachu. Now, assuming you are using the mastercard format still, this means that the NSO is unable to supply pikachus, alliances fighting back and the hospital improvemet (as apparently they are the exclusive right of RoK). If you have abandoned the template then apparently the NSO is actually the NPO.

Oh, and the pikachu makes no !@#$@#$ sense at all.
[/quote]

Well, I wasn't expecting to have to draw a map for people... But apparently my creative ability is lost on those without the filling logic of how to perform a simple Mastercard joke?

First off; the Mastercard joke begins with things not involved, but obviously in the picture of the commercial. In this case, there's a Sad Pikachu, obviously. Pixels are what are being destroyed for people's alliances in this war, and a hospital is an improvement... Thusly, all involved yet not involved at the same time. (See the last post I made to find the hilarity in how this comforts Rok's CB as well.)

Obviouslly, the thing going on, going to war over 6 mil, which is thusly our Priceless moment.

Then secondly, we get the Rok part, which is replacing in the commercial "There's some things money can't buy."

Followed thirdly by, the Mastercard ending, "For everything else, there's 'insert name'."

Now please, critique with knowledge, not half a brain.

Edit: And just for further logic, you have completely proven my expectations. U mad.

Further edit: As for any of the key little issues you have with it, 'Going to war over 6 mil' is different from the question '6 million dollar CB?', the 'Going to war over 6 mil' encases the priceless logic of the matter. Not the material issue itself. And things like ganging up, and not being NPO? Well, propaganda has this thing... Where, y'know, you take the issue at hand and bloat it out to laugh at how hypocritical it all seems.

Edited by LucarioXIII

Dear Posters,

This is already the dullest war in CN history. No. Really. Most of you are not helping.

Make propaganda that is easy on the eye (I'm looking at you Bones Malone), has a short pithy message and leaves without comment. Most of these have more text than my boring friends holiday emails.

Please stop my head from banging against the table, I'm finding it hard to concentrate.

Yours, faithfully

Hb

Ps; explaining lame prop does not suddenly make it funny or worthwile.

Edited by Hymenbreach

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1282182922' post='2422417']
[img]http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8712/81276163.png[/img]
Hint: Four Springfield rifles and a Colt .45 pistol can [i]totally[/i] shoot through a Tiger tank's armoring.
[/quote]

They send a tank against you in wave 1? Where can I get this game?

Also, has there been a war in which the AUT didn't join the side of the underdog? :unsure:

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1282412199' post='2425793']
[img]http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/1134/34315103.png[/img]
Do [i]not[/i] try this on your neighbor...
[/quote]

As ridiculous as that piece is, I did chuckle a bit.

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1282412199' post='2425793']
[img]http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/1134/34315103.png[/img]
Do [i]not[/i] try this on your neighbor...
[/quote]

NSO is a boygirl, TENE, Rok, R&R, GOD and VE are a door and a TV with Rick Astley is worth 6 mill... I can dig it