Ragnarok Declaration of War

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1282447139' post='2426254']
The best part of this is that I can post three or four lines and generate more than a page of responses that I won't read.

One might almost think I was doing it....on purpose.

Dance, monkeys! Dance!
[/quote]

I'm very inexperienced on these boards and thus am not familiar with major personalities such as yourself, but in my judgement, your posts are awfully juvenile.

Full disclosure: I'm a minor, so if I think that you're being immature....

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1282444489' post='2426215']
When you see members of various alliances using the same buzzwords over and over in making a point, you either chalk it up to mere coincidence or you begin to see a pattern.

I don't know if there was a larger conspiracy in play or not. My sense is that no, there was not, but that gut feeling isn't based upon any more hard evidence than the conspiracy theory. It certainly bears a lot of the hallmarks of the attack on TPF around Christmas time. A CB that could/should have been negotiated, an attack of opportunity against a single alliance made by an overwhelming force, that included Rok and GOD. Of course TPF wanted help and was getting it as white peace was declared while NSO seems content to ride out the war and take aid after it is over.

Now with NSO at less than half its pre-war NS, the next logical question is, "how much punishment is sufficient for the crime?"
[/quote]
This is a pretty reasonable point of address. The reason we went in instead of another alliance both in this war and TPF is purely logistical. We're a small alliance with a disproportionately large number of members we can mobilize on short notice. To get the same number of short-notice off-hour blitz decs as GOD would generally require a larger alliance, whose firepower would be mostly wasted. I'm not saying we don't support our allies' CB or anything like that, but it just makes sense for us to go in first if we're declaring at an awkward time or without good notice.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1282509190' post='2426833']
For the sake of all things right can we not turn this into another thread like that of the New Gramlins one?
[/quote]
The reason the New Gramlins one turned the way it did was because Gram refused to abandon their ridiculous position. The reason this is turning into that is very, very similar.

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1282512232' post='2426883']
The reason the New Gramlins one turned the way it did was because Gram refused to abandon their ridiculous position. The reason this is turning into that is very, very similar.
[/quote]

There's another reason:

[quote]11[22:59] <VanHooIII[RoK]> It isn't political, or even personal
11[22:59] <VanHooIII[RoK]> It is what it is, just like I told you[/quote]

lol

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1282507488' post='2426808']
This is a pretty reasonable point of address. The reason we went in instead of another alliance both in this war and TPF is purely logistical. We're a small alliance with a disproportionately large number of members we can mobilize on short notice. To get the same number of short-notice off-hour blitz decs as GOD would generally require a larger alliance, whose firepower would be mostly wasted. I'm not saying we don't support our allies' CB or anything like that, but it just makes sense for us to go in first if we're declaring at an awkward time or without good notice.
[/quote]

Nice work avoiding the last point of the post you quoted.
Allow me to bring this question forward again:

[quote]
Now with NSO at less than half its pre-war NS, the next logical question is, "how much punishment is sufficient for the crime?"[/quote]

When is it enough. Even if this war was started to defend an ally, would you not say this response is completely out of proportions?

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1282515420' post='2426936']

When is it enough. Even if this war was started to defend an ally, would you not say this response is completely out of proportions?
[/quote]

Well, I sure as hell would. I mean, in the grand scheme of things, a DoW was completely out of proportions to begin with, but I guess we're all past that now. So it appears that the fact that this war is [u]still[/u] raging on only goes to support everything the nay-sayers have been saying. And each day this war rages on, more weight is being added to their claims.

So if you're wearing a tinfoil hat, you might want to consider switching to an iron helmet soon.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1282515420' post='2426936']

[/quote]
I responded to the part that I'm in a position to answer.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1282509190' post='2426833']
For the sake of all things right can we not turn this into another thread like that of the New Gramlins one?
[/quote]
Well its too late for that now. Two weeks and this is still going, the alliances that are crushing NSO have now moved into alliance killing territory. VE, Rok, GOD & co are as in touch with reality as Gramlins. I hope to see treaties being dropped by their allies because of this extermination. Remaining a treaty partner with them at this point is accepting that killing off an alliance over $6 million in aid is acceptable.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1282544059' post='2427393']
Well its too late for that now. Two weeks and this is still going, the alliances that are crushing NSO have now moved into alliance killing territory. VE, Rok, GOD & co are as in touch with reality as Gramlins. I hope to see treaties being dropped by their allies because of this extermination. Remaining a treaty partner with them at this point is accepting that killing off an alliance over $6 million in aid is acceptable.
[/quote]

Do I think the time for peace is a few days passed yes. Does that mean those who would like to see peace for NSO should start saying "ZOMG, you are just like Gre!!!!!!" No way. These are two VERY different situations. Also I don't have a seat at the table, but I'm guessing NSO is just refusing to use the word surrender.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1282544342' post='2427398']
Do I think the time for peace is a few days passed yes. Does that mean those who would like to see peace for NSO should start saying "ZOMG, you are just like Gre!!!!!!" No way. These are two VERY different situations. Also I don't have a seat at the table, but I'm guessing NSO is just refusing to use the word surrender.
[/quote]
Just goes to show that you actually don't have a seat at the table. I don't know how many more times we have to say it, but NSO isn't doing anything to hold up peace.

[/quote]

Just playing Devils advocate here as i have no axe to grind in either direction, a question in regard to surrender.

Does NSO have to surrender or can RoK, VE etc give peace without a surrender? Can RoK etc declare that the war aims are complete and combat operations have ceased? (assuming no resumption of hostilities from NSO). I'm not sure if this has ever happened here before and i have not read the last 91 pages so i also do not know if this has already been asked.

[/quote]

Your kidding, right?

Check the calender in case you suddenly lost your sense of time.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1282546744' post='2427417']
Your kidding, right?

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'd just like to state, for the record, that Alterego is by no means a spokesperson for the NSO. We have Doppelganger for that thank you.

And for the record, Sulmar is correct.[/color]

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1282544782' post='2427401']
Just goes to show that you actually don't have a seat at the table. I don't know how many more times we have to say it, but NSO isn't doing anything to hold up peace.
[/quote]
You haven't done so since before the war started. Appearently, one party wishing first for a war, and then trying to drag it out, is what we call "attempting a diplomatic solution" and "reasonable punishment" nowadays.
At least 2 years ago, the language was less hypocritical.

[/quote]
You are completely wrong; the NSO has offered to surrender since day one.

[/quote]

Although I am retired from government, I can assure you that Nordreich will not be canceling its treaty with Ragnarok, and certainly not over this matter.

[quote name='Weebland' timestamp='1282506210' post='2426789']
I'm a minor, so if I think that you're being immature....
[/quote]

....then, owing to your underdeveloped, hormone-besotted brain, I must in fact be incredibly awesome?

Good stuff.

Edited by Ashoka the Great

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1282507488' post='2426808']
[/quote]

So then we can expect GOD nations to pull out of the conflict relatively soon and seek no reparations. Good to know.

Because if it is how you say, then continuing to stick it to NSO by piling on for a 3rd round of combat (or beyond) and demanding reparations in peace negotiations would be a total richard move...unless GOD has ulterior motives beyond simply helping an ally and be quick to mobilize, that is.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1282546744' post='2427417']
Your kidding, right?

[/quote]

No - I think he's about right. Round 2 is about to expire tonight. 7 days a round. I count 2 weeks. Definitely.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1282575778' post='2427740']
No - I think he's about right. Round 2 is about to expire tonight. 7 days a round. I count 2 weeks. Definitely.
[/quote]

Kidding about the comparison that is in absolutely no way analogous. Like you said, we aren't even at the end of round two.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1282576266' post='2427747']
Kidding about the comparison that is in absolutely no way analogous. Like you said, we aren't even at the end of round two.
[/quote]

You only told him to check his calendar as his time is wrong - you made no disputing arguement/comment towards the GRE reference. Also - I'm pretty sure 13 days is close enough to 14 days to be considered two weeks - just sayin.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1282576508' post='2427751']
You only told him to check his calendar as his time is wrong - you made no disputing arguement/comment towards the GRE reference. Also - I'm pretty sure 13 days is close enough to 14 days to be considered two weeks - just sayin.
[/quote]

I told him to check his calender because he was comparing a situation of less then two weeks to a situation that spanned over the course of months. Don't worry, RV got it, and I understand his bizarre ramblings in no way speak for you guys.