Ragnarok Declaration of War

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1282610891' post='2428373']
A curbstomp is simply when one side in a conflict vastly outnumbers the other side. That's it. No spin.
[/quote]

This context of the word curbstomp was pretty much invented in CN, so there is plenty of room for differing views or "spin".

Thus, there is a case for the word both being synonymous with high levels of damage, and with a disparity in numbers. Since those two will often go hand in hand, there has been no clear differentiation. And there never will be, because it is a word that has never been defined in its cn context - it just acts as a commonly used eupherism.

Which makes semantic games pointless for anything other than passing the time.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most people pretty much agree that a curb stomp is when one side in the conflict is much stronger then the other.

There's no asterisk that says nukes cannot be used, must not end in white peace, or that the war has to last longer then two weeks.

But I mean, whatever makes NSO sleep at night is okay. They're still getting the !@#$ beaten out of them so I'm fine.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1282611606' post='2428387']
I think most people pretty much agree that a curb stomp is when one side in the conflict is much stronger then the other.
[/quote]

And you base this thought on?

There is no established definition that narrows it down to that extent. The closest we come to is its [ooc]real world [/ooc] usage as a eupherism of "complete ownage", which is a term vague enough to make a case for both overwhelming and crushing defeats.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1282612130' post='2428401']
There is no established definition that narrows it down to that extent. The closest we come to is its [ooc]real world [/ooc] usage as a eupherism of "complete ownage", which is a term vague enough to make a case for both overwhelming and crushing defeats.
[/quote]

I'd say "complete ownage" is when the other side outnumbers you 10 to 1

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1282607603' post='2428305']
Im glad I could lighten your day a little... and thank you for your intelligent disection of my insanely crazy idea of actually publicly surrendering to speed up the peace negotiations if thats what you want. I have to agree with you now that it would be a terribly inapropriate thing to try if you wanted peace. Please continue with your other alternative plan now.

I understand you would be very busy in private channels organising this right now and there are many other factors that may be delaying your announcement. I just wanted to point out that if anyone felt like RoK was dragging the chain here that there is nothing stopping NSO taking this out from the backchannels and into the public realm by playing a card like this and forcing either your attackers to continue to beat an alliance which had already admited defeat or alternatively accept your surrender and give you the peace you want.
[/quote]

I don't think you have any idea of what you're talking about. Are you a government member? I certainly hope not because you clearly have no grasp on how to work politics. That being said, we have been talking in the back channels and we are not stalling anything. So stop trying to spin it that way.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1282614303' post='2428478']
Is that why you're at ZI :3
[/quote]
No, it's because I sold my infra. Not only that, but it took a total of 7 days to get me into anarchy while facing 6 to 1 odds. Horrible coordination throughout until day 5 and 6 of my wars when you and your VE buddies got your !@#$ together and actually tried and failed to anarchy me. Day 7, was when your buddies finally got me into anarchy. [ooc:] was out with my friends and wasn't home until 2 hours after update[ooc] Not to mention that you guys didn't finally start winning ground battles until those 6,7 days.

Another reason for my low infra is because of my fighters having to shoot 10+ bombers in each air attack and burning my infras and forests. :lol1:

Edited by Shakira

[quote name='Shakira' timestamp='1282615482' post='2428521']
-words-
[/quote]

Or it could be because, you know, you know how to press F5 and rebuy troops and started out with full mil wonders when we did not.

But I digress.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1282613989' post='2428471']
I don't think you have any idea of what you're talking about. Are you a government member? I certainly hope not because you clearly have no grasp on how to work politics. That being said, we have been talking in the back channels and we are not stalling anything. So stop trying to spin it that way.
[/quote]

Its great to hear you are happy with how the negotiations are going in the backchannels, I wish some of your supporters could see this. You see some people are making the apearance that NSO is being held captive in some evil RoK backchannel where we will not let you surrender. I am not making direct comments in regards to the content of these backchannel discussions as I am not part of them. All I am doing is pointing out that the public channels do exist if you ever feel unhappy with not being allowed to surrender via the alternative (that is if in fact your sympathisers are correct).

Sorry, you're not getting GOD's love, probably just a missed stagger.

edit:

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1282622003' post='2428756']
It's so cute to watch NSO members act like they have any clue what's going on.
[/quote]

If we don't have a clue, you'll be dropping out at update. Right?

Edited by Timtacious

[quote name='Timtacious' timestamp='1282622156' post='2428763']
If we don't have a clue, you'll be dropping out at update. Right?
[/quote]

I thought you were complaining about terms?

You'll get them, never fear. We don't dislike you enough to salt the earth.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1282622003' post='2428756']
It's so cute to watch NSO members act like they have any clue what's going on.
[/quote]
Yea, $%&@ communicating your desires to your opponents!

I'm not sure what your point here is since the whole situation just makes you guys look inept and unable to even communicate with each other, especially if this war actually continues past tonight.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1282623066' post='2428775']
[/quote]
Patience, Padawan.

Keep your panties on.
[quote]
I'm not sure what your point here is since the whole situation just makes you guys look inept and unable to even communicate with each other, especially if this war actually continues past tonight.
[/quote]

My point is of course that you'll be getting terms. Not quite sure what's so difficult to understand- if we wanted you dead and gone there's at least a fairly decent chance we'd tell you so.

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1282616434' post='2428564']
More like 3 to 1 :P
[/quote]

[img]http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq31/cduggan81d/SithBiznus/CurbStompFail.png[/img]

4 to 1 is more accurate .. We were shy of 200 nations, you're coalition was over 800 nations ..

Edited by Rayvon

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1282623066' post='2428775']

[/quote]
At first I read that as, "You have until tonight to end this war."

So I re-read it, and what I got was, "You have until tonight or something something communication something."

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1282623358' post='2428780']
[img]http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq31/cduggan81d/SithBiznus/CurbStompFail.png[/img]

4 to 1 is more accurate .. We were shy of 200 nations, you're coalition was over 800 nations ..
[/quote]

Oh yeah, that should really help to speed up peace negotiations.

Edited by Ashoka the Great