Ragnarok Declaration of War

[quote name='Qazzian' timestamp='1281316754' post='2405738']
And I've explained that it was well beyond any measure of what we had taken before. 116% of tech was a new alltime high.
[/quote]

This has been argued to death. Certainly that figure is one of the highest ever, but there are good reasons for that. I invite you to read my posts.

[quote name='Qazzian' timestamp='1281316754' post='2405738']
The fact stands that during our time under reps we were forced to commit an act of war. You were all working in a group, and one of your group made the demand. If everything done by any ex-heg alliance reflects on all others, this reflects on you.
[/quote]

GOD didn't make those demands on our behalf, and they didn't represent the entire of Karma, as demonstrated by the fact that everyone else agreed to let you off reps during that period.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='deSouza' timestamp='1281316958' post='2405756']
History repeats itself.
Here we have the woodstock massacre all over again.
[/quote]

Are you stupid? GPA was neutral and did nothing wrong AND NPO DEDCLARED ON THEM. NSO was told not to aid the rogue and did it anyway [i]twice[/i].

If you feel so strongly about it have Pacifica DoW tonight. Unless of course you're afraid for your pixels that is.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1281316934' post='2405753']
[color="#0000FF"]Well, this is an interesting new bit of information I just came upon. Makes you wonder how consistent RoK is when it comes to applying its CBs.

As many of you know, my dear friends Penky and CitizenKane both went rogue on VA not too long ago. Well, about a week ago, while at war with VA, they both changed their AA to CSN. CSN then demanded that the wars be ended. Soon CSN starts threatening war over this. It almost came to blows, and all over CSN protecting two well known rogues who didn't even apply on the CSN forum (yup, they just changed their AA). Naturally RoK supports its ally, so, it makes you wonder, how consistent is RoK when it comes to CBs? Did they really take great offense? Since how they react seems to change with whoever is doing the acting. Or were they simply aching for a fight and blow this out of proportion? Makes on think.[/color]
[/quote]

Very interesting, indeed. It does fit with many opinions, mind you.

[color="#0000FF"]Well, this is an interesting new bit of information I just came upon. Makes you wonder how consistent RoK is when it comes to applying its CBs.

As many of you know, my dear friends Penky and CitizenKane both went rogue on VA not too long ago. Well, about a week ago, while at war with VA, they both changed their AA to CSN. CSN then demanded that the wars be ended. Soon CSN starts threatening war over this. It almost came to blows, and all over CSN protecting two well known rogues who didn't even apply on the CSN forum (yup, they just changed their AA). Naturally RoK supports its ally, so, it makes you wonder, how consistent is RoK when it comes to CBs? Did they really take great offense? Since how they react seems to change with whoever is doing the acting. Or were they simply aching for a fight and blow this out of proportion? Makes on think.[/color]
[/quote]

CSN was defending ex-members who were kept at war for over a month. It is not exactly the same.

Truth be told, we were not fans of any of that either way.

I expected better spin from the NSO and friends ... I am disappointed. :/

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1281316316' post='2405717']
Apparently your alliance decided to take action without you, by aiding the known rogue, without waiting for evidence from RoK or by their own research. If your alliance was wanting to come to a true resolution of the issue, they would have held off on aiding the nation in question. Especially, since you were gone.

However, since they did take the course of action that they did, they decided a fine course of action for both their alliance and yours which happened to give them just CB.
[/quote]

Apparently RoK decided to take action by ignoring our request for further clarification before attacking. We can throw apples across the hall-way like this all night. The fact of the matter is people were looking for a war. Normal venues of diplomacy were entirely ignored.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1281317019' post='2405761']
If there were any truth at all to this, then every single thread would not devolve into a discussion about NPO. But the fact is, it's all about NPO. NPO is the imaginary demon that SuperGrievances need. They need to keep pretending that there is some great evil, to keep up the lie that got them into power in the first place, and to perhaps provide a common enemy, to perhaps even subconsciously avoid the inevitable SF/CnG split.

The fact is, NPO is staying as far away from politics as they can, and you can't even find something as flimsy as this to tag on them. After the Red Raiding Safari didn't work to goad NPO to war, this here was Plan B, find a flimsy excuse to attack their direct allies. NSO's policy of not taking crap from anyone played right into this trap. But NSO called the trap, and those parties have failed once again to force war upon the NPO.

It is only made obvious from the nonstop goading in this thread. The focus is hardly on the flimsy reasons for war, it's all on labeling NPO and company cowards, or trying to deny that the goading is occurring. It's all really quite hilarious, how upset you all are that NPO once again isn't going to get rolled according to your plans. All you are left with is a terrible bit of PR as the reality of the situation rapidly makes itself apparent.
[/quote]

This is truth.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1281317369' post='2405777']
CSN was defending ex-members who were kept at war for over a month. It is not exactly the same.

[/quote]

"ex-members" usually entails that they have decided to leave the alliance. Meaning they're unaligned. Meaning they're rogues. I don't really see much difference.

[quote name='Chickenzilla' timestamp='1281317434' post='2405781']
Except a valid CB, the alliance is not neutral, and oh look, they have some rather large allies who could help.
[/quote]

Isn't it so funny that this conversation keeps turning not to NSO...but to their allies.

Hmmm.
^_^

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Defending 'ex-members.' Is that the best you can do? You're applying a blatant double standard. We had offered to resolve this. We wanted to resolve this, but in the end, you wanted war. That is the truth. You and I both know that this didn't have to come to this. But in the end, it did. As I said earlier, it's on you Hoo Boy.[/color]

[quote name='Qazzian' timestamp='1281317573' post='2405784']
"ex-members" usually entails that they have decided to leave the alliance. Meaning they're unaligned. Meaning they're rogues. I don't really see much difference.
[/quote]

I know you don't, but you have made it clear in this thread that you don't have opinions of your own and are instead a part of the Conspiracy Collective.

The NSO pissed us off, we attacked them. The end.

I apologize for there being nothing more to this.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1281317676' post='2405793']
I know you don't, but you have made it clear in this thread that you don't have opinions of your own and are instead a part of the Conspiracy Collective.
[/quote]

Hoo, we`re calling them the Coalition of Cowards, we`re the ones conspiring, remember?

[/quote]
Now you're really reaching. If there was to be a conflict in that situation, it would have been CSN's call, not RoK's. RoK of course supported their ally's decision just as they likely would have if it came to blows. You're not highlighting a break in RoK's principles but a completely different situation where RoK just happened to be mentioned in the same story. Nice try, you can do better.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1281317270' post='2405774']
Are you stupid? GPA was neutral and did nothing wrong AND NPO DEDCLARED ON THEM. NSO was told not to aid the rogue and did it anyway [i]twice[/i].

If you feel so strongly about it have Pacifica DoW tonight. Unless of course you're afraid for your pixels that is.
[/quote]

Lord Swampy was on the Valhalla pzi list and was offered affiliate status, which is more or less the situation that this member is in NSO (last i checked they had a policy of accepting members in ZI lists but not helping them militarily, which i thought they had waived). That warranted widespread war declarations. Same situation. Try to deny or spin it around all you wish, see if I care.

NSO is not neutral and probably welcomes the war though.

I really don't get why everyone wants NSO's allies to get involved. I thought you all wanted NSO to be destroyed. Isn't that why you had 1000.12 (.12 to include TENE) alliances declare all at once? (excuse the exaggeration)

[quote name='bakamitai' timestamp='1281315844' post='2405681']
Got blue balls there, Penkala? Itching for a fight with us? Have fun enjoying your crushing disappointment.
[/quote]

Taking pretty much the last PR hit you can, eh, NPO? Now you'll also be known as an alliance who threw a friend to the wolves because the wolves were just too strong. This is excellent.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1281317672' post='2405792']
[color="#0000FF"]Defending 'ex-members.' Is that the best you can do? You're applying a blatant double standard. We had offered to resolve this. We wanted to resolve this, but in the end, you wanted war. That is the truth. You and I both know that this didn't have to come to this. But in the end, it did. As I said earlier, it's on you Hoo Boy.[/color]
[/quote]

You wanted to resolve this so badly that you aided a nation at war with RoK after being specifically told it would be an act of war. We had no intention of attacking you until this happened.

Yes yes, I know ... we hate the NPO so much that we set up this elaborate trap. We told you not to aid as reverse psychology to get you [b]to[/b] aid him. I am so damn brilliant and crafty. Thank you.

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' timestamp='1281317608' post='2405786']
/me checks AA

So (assuming this asinine comparison is valid) you would support it?
[/quote]

I was GPA for a year and left about a month prior to the woodstock massacre due to not believing in hippyness, and I was against NPO then.
Thought it was a !@#$%^&* CB.
Think this is a !@#$%^&* CB.

If it comes to war, i'll have fun blowing some excess [s]infra[/s]fat.

Edited by deSouza

[/quote]

A war they declared.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1281317484' post='2405782']
Apparently RoK decided to take action by ignoring our request for further clarification before attacking. We can throw apples across the hall-way like this all night. The fact of the matter is people were looking for a war. Normal venues of diplomacy were entirely ignored.
[/quote]

Normal venues of diplomacy? Is that where I aid a suspected rogue even though someone else gives a warning against doing so?

The responsibility of acting diplomatic was upon your alliance's shoulders, not RoK's.

[quote name='Chickenzilla' timestamp='1281317758' post='2405802']
I wouldn't call it funny so much as a lust for another global war, but to each their own.
[/quote]

No, really, it's funny.

Maybe not from where you are sitting, but it is.

Your motivations are so apparent it's funny. Most of the posts here are talking about not NSO..but their allies.

It's a joke.

[/quote]You could try responding to me, I replied to your response in this thread. Can you tell me why it was so important to hit NSO before they went to peace mode that you had to completely omit diplomacy? Basically making their decision to enter peace mode as part of your reason for war? What a heinous crime, NSO entering peace mode. The other reason being, in a worst case scenario where NSO are evil and do things wrong on purpose, the aiding of a trivial amount of money to a trivial sized nation - Clearly a major situation that requires immediate war and cannot have any hope for a diplomatic solution.

Or you could continue to ignore my words and make character attacks, and then pretend that we haven't called you out on your little ploy.

How's it feel that you didn't get the big prize? It must really sting.