MHA Announcement

[quote name='Cable77' timestamp='1280703701' post='2397463']
A mistake was made, a big mistake. No matter what the treaty there should be room for change in the unseen future.
[/quote]
Hindsight is a !@#$%* isnt it? Shouldve thought about this when you guys wrote the treaty up..though admittly not many people are surprised by this action

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1280703930' post='2397471']
Honor an unreasonable commitment, or give up a chunk of credibility. Not good options, but rightly or not this will probably work our for MHA the best in the long run.
[/quote]

There's a lot of truth in that statement.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1280703872' post='2397470']
Hindsight is a !@#$%* isnt it? Shouldve thought about this when you guys wrote the treaty up..though admittly not many people are surprised by this action
[/quote]
Indeed, they should have. They've learned the lesson now though and proceeded to do something with hindsight available to them. If the spirit and letter of the Harmlin accords were broken by either or both parties (I've seen claims elsewhere of this but can not verify it myself) then I don't what everyone's upset over in this treaty no longer being considered valid.

Marriage is supposed to be an eternal and unbreakable vow only severable by death... but people divorce all the time.

This decision has sucked the big one for us, but at the end of the day we have had to look long and hard at things and decide where we really were with the Gramlins.

This announcment is the result.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1280702924' post='2397438']
Wow, hard decision MHA, hope this works out for the best.
[/quote]

Are you kidding me ?

Nothing about canceling this Accord can be considered difficult. Gramlims brought this upon themselves when they allowed Ramirus to rule with no opposition.

Now, I wonder if people will raid Gramlims after the week ends.

Edit---

Regardless---Two lessons are learned...
1) Always have a Cancellation Clause.
2) Don't be like Ramirus.

Edited by KingEd

[font="Arial"]I find it hard to understand the timing of this cancellation. It would seem that now is the first time in months that I have seen even the slightest sign of intelligence come from the side of the Gram's. Now that they have been beaten themselves up beyond usefulness you now choose to cancel a treaty that was............ well let me use your own words[/font]

[u][b][font="Arial Black"]VII. Härmlin is Eternäl – the nature of these Accords means they cannot be broken, so strong is our commitment to the Härmlin dream. We the undersigned Alliances have come forth in a show of complete brotherhood and unity, binding ourselves now and forevermore to the fate of the other and the ideals of these Accords. All Härmlin are One.

VIII. Härmlin is Honest – these Accords are like no other and represents the unification of our Alliances beyond treaty partners; we are brothers forever and we have come to pledge undying loyalty and fealty to each other before of the witnesses of Digiterra. [/font][/b][/u]

[font="Arial"]Now would be the time for brothers to stand with one another, not kick them while they are down.

I find it very odd that I am defending the Gram's but at the same time I can no more accept this action any more than I was able to sit idly by when my friends needed assistance I was among the first to take a stand in aiding them. [/font]

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1280703114' post='2397443']
How do you cancel a treaty without a cancellation clause, indeed one that specifically says it cannot be cancelled?
[/quote]

Good question. After reading this ---> http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/H%C3%A4rmlin_Accords the only way I can see for this treaty to end is for one of them to no longer exist. So the big question is; when will The Grämlins post their disbandment thread?

MHA I know this was not an easy thing for you to see happen to your extended family and it’s a little sad there was nothing you could have done to stop it. I hope Grämlins member’s takes advantage of the cover you have provided them. Over the next week I hope they find new homes to start fresh away from the smell of death Ram has permeated the air with.

MHA is going to be savaged on both ends of this, but the fact is, this was the right choice. waiting for them to get peace shows the character of their alliance. this is a completely different situation than NPO. i hope this works out for you guys. Good luck.

[quote name='mike717' timestamp='1280704451' post='2397491']
MHA is going to be savaged on both ends of this, but the fact is, this was the right choice. waiting for them to get peace shows the character of their alliance. this is a completely different situation than NPO. i hope this works out for you guys. Good luck.
[/quote]

Yups, cause NPO-MHA treaty was canceled by the Karma forces, not MHA <_<

Edited by alyster

[quote name='ironchef' timestamp='1280704413' post='2397488']
Good question. After reading this ---> http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/H%C3%A4rmlin_Accords the only way I can see for this treaty to end is for one of them to no longer exist. So the big question is; when will The Grämlins post their disbandment thread?
[/quote]
All MHA would need to do is create an internal rule defining an alliance as having more than 12 members. Presto chango, loophole achieved.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1280703573' post='2397457']
Who's holding MHA's lease now?
[/quote]

Spelling, and no one.
Just like no one ever has.
You should take some notes, it's worked well for us.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1280704715' post='2397497']
All MHA would need to do is create an internal rule defining an alliance as having more than 12 members. Presto chango, loophole achieved.
[/quote]
My thought exactly.

Anyway, good move cancelling on Gre, but bad move in violating a treaty. You were screwed either way, but I think you chose the lesser of two evils.

[quote name='alyster' timestamp='1280704682' post='2397494']
Yups, cause NPO-MHA treaty was canceled by the Karma forces, not MHA <_<
[/quote]

At least with Gremlins they protected them with the threat of a treaty still "on the books" and then cancel the treaty after the threat is over. With us, they just stood to the side and didn't do anything letting the treaty expire due to Surrender Terms.

Don't take me wrong, I think MHA is doing the right thing with canceling the treaty finally. My beef is the timing.

Edited by Bilrow

[quote name='Wentworth the Brave' timestamp='1280703589' post='2397458']
What's the point of holding on when they can no longer help you financially and diplomatically amirite?
[/quote]
Yeah, protecting them from a quicker death was really really classless.

I'm sure you would've loved it if we held a MADP treaty with an alliance that recently committed suicide with no regard to how much effort our own alliance was using to prevent their suicide completing sooner than it did.

Also, sup went