Declaration of War

Xiphosis

Oh lawrdy this brightened my day. Just goes to show that Planet Bob is NO place for jokes...

[img]http://memegenerator.net/Annoying-Facebook-Girl/ImageMacro/1627744/Annoying-Facebook-Girl-NOT-TEH-INFRA-ANYTHING-BUT-TEH-INFRA.jpg[/img]

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color="#0000FF"]Valhalla is not an alliance of cowards if that is what you "peace mode" people are trying to imply. Had they been attacked they likely would have been in anarchy almost instantly, or at the very least tied up in so many war they would not have been able to go on an offensive. Going into peace mode would have allowed Valhalla to emerge later, with some allies in tow possibly, and start the shooting on its own terms. Not that it would have changed the results, as they'd still have been greatly outnumbered, but they could at least do some more damage to someone.

Either way, I'd like to take a moment again to say that I really do hate manufactured drama. It isn't as good as the real stuff, and only serves to make all those behind it look stupid.[/color]

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='14 July 2010 - 06:22 AM' timestamp='1279084930' post='2370525']
Tbh, all my allies laughed. Even the ones I lied point blank to. Because they have a sense of humor. In fact the only people whining in here seem to be Argent and BAPS, so I think life is pretty good.
[/quote]
There are far more than just the two of us complaining. So this is the new SG, whas a classless bunch. I assume an insignificant alliance like yours had to get permission from the SG leadership to do this. Well if your plan is to try to look cool to a bunch of crap alliances outside your main allies you probably succeeded, although you could just have said poop and you would have had them in awe too. Look around some of them are here today.

o\ Hegemony. Having fun towing with all the absolute powers? Why didnt we try it when we had a chance -.-

and lol, people still use peace mode for I>U arguments? srsly. Its a valid tactic, if you think otherwise or didn't use it to your advantage, you're just dumb.

Edited by shahenshah

I enjoy a good joke. Applause to GOD and Kronos for pulling our legs. You got us lol!

Though I am not entirely without retribution. ;P You guys are gonna be taking some bad PR hits from people, so in the end...

Jokes on all of us! Mwahahaha!!! Ahhh... I hate PM. XD

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='14 July 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1279090231' post='2370640']
[color="#0000FF"]Valhalla is not an alliance of cowards if that is what you "peace mode" people are trying to imply. Had they been attacked they likely would have been in anarchy almost instantly, or at the very least tied up in so many war they would not have been able to go on an offensive. Going into peace mode would have allowed Valhalla to emerge later, with some allies in tow possibly, and start the shooting on its own terms. Not that it would have changed the results, as they'd still have been greatly outnumbered, but they could at least do some more damage to someone.

Either way, I'd like to take a moment again to say that I really do hate manufactured drama. It isn't as good as the real stuff, and only serves to make all those behind it look stupid.[/color]
[/quote]

The only peace mode stuff that I have seen was BJ and Impero.

Impero was pointing out that the strategy becomes predictable when used multiple times by the same alliance and BJ was saying that hitting peace mode is hardly "badass."

Neither said it was a cowardly move.

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 03:41 AM' timestamp='1279093299' post='2370669']
There are far more than just the two of us complaining. So this is the new SG, whas a classless bunch. I assume an insignificant alliance like yours had to get permission from the SG leadership to do this. Well if your plan is to try to look cool to a bunch of crap alliances outside your main allies you probably succeeded, although you could just have said poop and you would have had them in awe too. Look around some of them are here today.
[/quote]

Who is in charge of 'SG leadership'?

[quote name='Penkala' date='14 July 2010 - 09:31 AM' timestamp='1279096245' post='2370691']
Who is in charge of 'SG leadership'?
[/quote]
Not that Xylophone charachter thats for sure. Xylophone got an apology for something that was considered dickish [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=88798"]HERE.[/url] Lets see the level of hypocracy that exists in the SG world. An apology from everyone involved and repayment of lost revenue would be a good start.

[quote name='Cataduanes' date='14 July 2010 - 07:10 PM' timestamp='1279098621' post='2370701']
I must be a humourless jerk because I do not find this 'joke' funny in the slightest, maybe I am getting too old or something :mellow:
[/quote]

No, not at all sir. It wasn't funny to those who actually appreciate their allies. But some people think its funny to *&^% their allies over.

[quote name='Cataduanes' date='14 July 2010 - 12:10 PM' timestamp='1279098621' post='2370701']
I must be a humourless jerk because I do not find this 'joke' funny in the slightest, maybe I am getting too old or something :mellow:
[/quote]
Join MK.

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 10:03 AM' timestamp='1279098204' post='2370698']
An apology from everyone involved and repayment of lost revenue would be a good start.
[/quote]

This ^

I'd be pretty $%&@ed off right now if my allies had caused me unnecessary work and lost sleep over a prank like this. I'm just glad I've got better things to do with my evenings.

[quote]repayment of lost revenue would be a good start. [/quote]

Its not GODS fault that a tonne of Valhalla nations chose to run to Hippie mode rather then arm up for an "impending" war. After all the only true path to valhalla is through a glorious death on the battle field not dying of old age in peace mode... how was Xi to know the norse gods have relaxed their entry criteria of late.

[quote name='Mayzie' date='14 July 2010 - 10:48 AM' timestamp='1279100863' post='2370714']
This ^

I'd be pretty $%&@ed off right now if my allies had caused me unnecessary work and lost sleep over a prank like this. I'm just glad I've got better things to do with my evenings.
[/quote]
They could also just accept the DoW and go for it. If Valhalla do decide to defend themselves against this unjust DoW I will be more than happy to help our ally in their defensive war against GOD.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='President S O' date='14 July 2010 - 10:32 AM' timestamp='1279099904' post='2370706']
No, not at all sir. It wasn't funny to those who actually appreciate their allies. But some people think its funny to *&^% their allies over.
[/quote]
Indeed.

[quote name='Lord Gobb' date='14 July 2010 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1279100405' post='2370710']
Join MK.
[/quote]
Will it sort out my lack of humour? well hell I will certainly take it under consideration :wub:

[quote name='King Wally' date='14 July 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1279100995' post='2370715']
Its not GODS fault that a tonne of Valhalla nations chose to run to Hippie mode rather then arm up for an "impending" war. After all the only true path to valhalla is through a glorious death on the battle field not dying of old age in peace mode... how was Xi to know the norse gods have relaxed their entry criteria of late.
[/quote]

Hey Wally, I did expect more from you. :unsure:

They "ran to hippy" with the intention of coming out at a later, with allied nations, to take on the mass curb-stomp that was coming at them. Valhalla didn't have many options available to them. Going into PM gave them the best chance at being able to cause some damage to the alliances that would hit them. It was a simple strategy, one any alliance should use in such a situation. I assure you, Valhalla isn't one to run from a fight - if they were, 100% would have been in PM ;)

[quote name='Cataduanes' date='14 July 2010 - 12:53 PM' timestamp='1279101191' post='2370717']
Will it sort out my lack of humour? well hell I will certainly take it under consideration :wub:
[/quote]
It certainly will, my dear Cataduanes!

[quote name='President S O' date='14 July 2010 - 07:56 PM' timestamp='1279101361' post='2370719']
Hey Wally, I did expect more from you. :unsure:

They "ran to hippy" with the intention of coming out at a later, with allied nations, to take on the mass curb-stomp that was coming at them. Valhalla didn't have many options available to them. Going into PM gave them the best chance at being able to cause some damage to the alliances that would hit them. It was a simple strategy, one any alliance should use in such a situation. I assure you, Valhalla isn't one to run from a fight - if they were, 100% would have been in PM ;)
[/quote]

Its all good mate... im only taking a light hearted crack :)

I totally get the strategy behind peace mode running (even if i dont like it) what im mainly trying to say is if anyone thinks GOD owes them due to this strategy costing them a couple bucks then i think they can take a hike. Their strategy... their loss.

(also hope your doing well mate... this being on oposide "sides" does get interesting lol!)