An Announcement from Blackstone Commission

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='13 June 2010 - 06:50 AM' timestamp='1276429833' post='2336083']
Hmm, I'm actually glad to see BCOM coming up in the world. Nice signatures on yall's treaty as well.
[/quote]

Thank you very much. "Doing it up right" is becoming a part of our history and culture now.

[quote name='Tosh' date='13 June 2010 - 05:14 AM' timestamp='1276431260' post='2336094']
Good show, good luck with the change and may the alliance flourish on new ground. Black sphere is a little (<<understated) unfriendly.
[/quote]
How many years were you gone?

Wow, why would you go to Brown? Perhaps even more confusing, why would you go to Brown from Black? This move makes absolutely no sense.

I, along with probably a good chunk of people demand a name change. Don't be BTA and still call yourself the wrong color.

[quote name='Fort Pitt' date='15 June 2010 - 02:48 PM' timestamp='1276627714' post='2338489']
Wow, why would you go to Brown? Perhaps even more confusing, why would you go to Brown from Black? This move makes absolutely no sense.
[/quote]

I think it's pretty obvious that the black team is an unfriendly and hostile place with no team unity whatsoever.

Oh I guess that makes sense, having only the largest and longest lasting team unity bloc with the most diverse background from lulzist to elitist to moralist which also represents over 2/3 of the largest sphere plus having a free team senate and best trade hub in the game (better than BLEU 1.0 which was the previous champ) makes absolutely no difference whatsoever, and that it actually makes us more unfriendly and completely hostile to anyone, let alone completely nothing in the market of unity.

Oh ok, that make sense.

[quote name='Fort Pitt' date='15 June 2010 - 03:10 PM' timestamp='1276628999' post='2338507']
Oh I guess that makes sense, having only the largest and longest lasting team unity bloc with the most diverse background from lulzist to elitist to moralist which also represents over 2/3 of the largest sphere plus having a free team senate and best trade hub in the game (better than BLEU 1.0 which was the previous champ) makes absolutely no difference whatsoever, and that it actually makes us more unfriendly and completely hostile to anyone, let alone completely nothing in the market of unity.

Oh ok, that make sense.
[/quote]

I think it's because they like us better. How are you going to argue against that?

[quote name='Jrenster' date='15 June 2010 - 03:16 PM' timestamp='1276629351' post='2338515']
I think it's because they like us better. How are you going to argue against that?
[/quote]

I like you guys better too, Sethly makes the entire Black Sphere smell... like something brown ;)

Also, why did you guys apply to NOIR if you were going to change to Brown?

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='15 June 2010 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1276633432' post='2338592']
I like you guys better too, Sethly makes the entire Black Sphere smell... like something brown ;)
[/quote]
I try to add that special factor that gives Brown its coolness. :smug:

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='15 June 2010 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1276633432' post='2338592']

Also, why did you guys apply to NOIR if you were going to change to Brown?
[/quote]

We applied to NOIR with no intentions of moving to brown, is was during the application process the interviews with current NOIR signatories, and the unwelcoming actions of current NOIR signatories that gave us the idea of changing spheres. Along with the fact only [u]1[/u] alliance from the black sphere and NOIR made an attempt to befriend or even get to know BCOM, and that was AzN.

Why brown? We took notes, made charts, and polls throughout our alliance of which sphere seemed to be the most welcoming to BCOM, as well as which sphere we felt we could back a bigger impact on. NSO and GATO both offered us many things, including but not limited to protection, organized trade and tech deal assistance, and friendship. None of these things were offered by any alliance on black, infact, a few alliances on black actually openly turned on us and was spreading rumors of BCOM doing things like the Collusion. Which by now, should be obvious that we're not.

So we discussed things with GATO and NSO government and friends, and it seemed that we clicked more with those on the Brown sphere better. Not counting the fact that brown needs more alliances to help stabilize it. So we could be with those who showed more interest in us, began relations with us and help build a smaller sphere into something better.

It just felt right.

[quote name='Blind Murder v2' date='15 June 2010 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1276647273' post='2338844']
We applied to NOIR with no intentions of moving to brown, is was during the application process the interviews with current NOIR signatories, and the unwelcoming actions of current NOIR signatories that gave us the idea of changing spheres. Along with the fact only [u]1[/u] alliance from the black sphere and NOIR made an attempt to befriend or even get to know BCOM, and that was AzN.
[/quote]
I didn't see unwelcoming alliances as much as I saw reaction to BCOM being disrespectful about the way NOIR handled its affairs. In the end, the final vote showed the same as many, many alliances that have come through NOIR before: BCOM was not established enough as an alliance to be admitted to NOIR. There have been very few exceptions to that rule over time, and more often than not those alliances we let in early have disbanded. NOIR is not a beginning alliance protection bloc; we are economy-based and offer defense to our signatories. Had you established your place in Bob and dispelled the doubt many people have had about your leadership, then you would have no doubt seen a place in NOIR a couple months down the road.

tl;dr econ =/= IA. Once IA are taken care of, we're here.

Edited by Seth Muscarella

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='15 June 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1276648970' post='2338873']
I didn't see unwelcoming alliances as much as I saw reaction to BCOM being disrespectful about the way NOIR handled its affairs. In the end, the final vote showed the same as many, many alliances that have come through NOIR before: BCOM was not established enough as an alliance to be admitted to NOIR. There have been very few exceptions to that rule over time, and more often than not those alliances we let in early have disbanded. NOIR is not a beginning alliance protection bloc; we are economy-based and offer defense to our signatories. Had you established your place in Bob and dispelled the doubt many people have had about your leadership, then you would have no doubt seen a place in NOIR a couple months down the road.
[/quote]

Sounds like a rubbish response to me. Obviously we are nothing but a bunch of bullies who only enjoy making alliances jump through hoops for our entertainment.

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='15 June 2010 - 07:43 PM' timestamp='1276648970' post='2338873']
[/quote]

In my opinion, we weren't being disrespectful, but everyone see's things differently. Many things turned us off of black and NOIR, not all of which should be broad-casted here. If you'd like to further this discussion I am in #blackstone.