An Announcement from Blackstone Commission

[quote name='Fort Pitt' date='15 June 2010 - 03:10 PM' timestamp='1276628999' post='2338507']
Oh I guess that makes sense, having only the largest [b]and longest lasting team unity bloc[/b] with the most diverse background from lulzist to elitist to moralist which also represents over 2/3 of the largest sphere plus having a free team senate and best trade hub in the game (better than BLEU 1.0 which was the previous champ) makes absolutely no difference whatsoever, and that it actually makes us more unfriendly and completely hostile to anyone, let alone completely nothing in the market of unity.

Oh ok, that make sense.
[/quote]

All three Maroonity blocs have been around longer then NOIR. >_>

In regards to the topic on hand, congrats to BCOM and NSO on their treaty.

Edited by ShadowDragon

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Arthur Blair' date='17 June 2010 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1276783536' post='2340614']
I'd say something about Blackstone just being a bunch of clueless, failed spies... But I wont. ^_^

Congratulations on your move to brown. I guess you'll be spying on NSO and GATO now since that's how you treat those you should be friendly with, eh? ;)
[/quote]
Now who let this old boy off his leash? :rolleyes:

Going through the BCOM application thread on the NOIR forums, it was sorely clear to me that NOIR (or at least, certain signatories) were reluctant at best to allow the Commission a position within the bloc, regardless of "good standing".

Obviously, we're not interested in taking the easy way in everything that we do. Soft paths make for soft alliances with soft leaders. We applied to NOIR, we were rejected by NOIR, and so, it was time to look elsewhere. We could have waited on NOIR, however, we've got some great momentum and we disconnected our brakes before our DoE. So let me help this make some sense for some of you:

It's simple. You have to think outside the box a bit, and look at how things [u]work[/u]. When you surround yourself with others that like a challenge, you'll find that they tend to be a bit more motivated and determined by nature. More loyal too. When you see the creation of anything great and powerful, you may notice that the founder(s) are more in love with creating something than with the creation itself. Well, we sat down and said, "we want to surround ourselves with those that are a bit more motivated and aren't afraid of challenge". Naturally the best place for us to be would be an environment that is conducive to that. This excluded black (and NOIR) immediately. We can handle taking a leap of faith. And so can our allies.

Brown is the best place to move to for those that are interested in rolling up some sleeves and getting to work. We [i]could[/i] have chosen to sit around and do nothing but gossip and complain about others all day, but we decided that we were going to be a bit better than that. We also know that gets boring after a while.

Edited by PotFace

[quote name='PotFace' date='17 June 2010 - 01:27 PM' timestamp='1276799215' post='2340811']
Obviously, we're not interested in taking the easy way in everything that we do. Soft paths make for soft alliances with soft leaders. We applied to NOIR, we were rejected by NOIR, and so, it was time to look elsewhere. We could have waited on NOIR, however, we've got some great momentum and we disconnected our brakes before our DoE. So let me help this make some sense for some of you:

It's simple. You have to think outside the box a bit, and look at how things [u]work[/u]. When you surround yourself with others that like a challenge, you'll find that they tend to be a bit more motivated and determined by nature. More loyal too. When you see the creation of anything great and powerful, you may notice that the founder(s) are more in love with creating something than with the creation itself. Well, we sat down and said, "we want to surround ourselves with those that are a bit more motivated and aren't afraid of challenge". Naturally the best place for us to be would be an environment that is conducive to that. This excluded black (and NOIR) immediately. We can handle taking a leap of faith. And so can our allies.

Brown is the best place to move to for those that are interested in rolling up some sleeves and getting to work. We [i]could[/i] have chosen to sit around and do nothing but gossip and complain about others all day, but we decided that we were going to be a bit better than that. We also know that gets boring after a while.
[/quote]

Gah, stop making me like you guys so much, it's really hard not to!

[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='11 June 2010 - 02:20 PM' timestamp='1276226415' post='2332722']
Considering we offer help and support where others would not, it should be just fine.
[/quote]
UINE weren't offering their protectorate help and support?

Edit:

[quote name='PotFace' date='18 June 2010 - 05:27 AM' timestamp='1276799215' post='2340811']
We applied to NOIR, we were rejected by NOIR, and so, it was time to look elsewhere.
[/quote]
GOONS wasn't good enough for NOIR either, apparently.

Good luck on the brown team dude.

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='17 June 2010 - 06:26 PM' timestamp='1276817175' post='2341158']
UINE weren't offering their protectorate help and support?[/quote]

UINE were good protectors for the most part. We didn't always see eye to eye on everything but who does?

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='17 June 2010 - 06:26 PM' timestamp='1276817175' post='2341158']
GOONS wasn't good enough for NOIR either, apparently.

Good luck on the brown team dude.[/quote]

You have 2 choices, get a little brown on your nose or move to brown. Our choice was obvious eh?

EDIT: Missed a [ on the quote tag

Edited by Blind Murder v2

I would like to point out, the first 2 pages of your NOIR app were basically hi guys are you committed to black will you sell us tech?

The Collusion was brought up. And all that was said was "I am very very very glad you are not related to Blackstone Collusion, those people are horrible, and they claim that they took down NPO when all they did was make NPO look good, haha." Then some joking about Randalla and you on the next page. Then you said purple sucked and brown was the color of poop :P

Then although we were working with tech deals and trades you guys opted to basically ask us, why our discussion and voting was taking so long. This seemed awfully demanding coming from a new and small alliance with potential skeletons in their closet. But most of us agreed with you, said we need better communication with the applicants. So basically no hostility thus far.

You then told us to hurry up so you could announce it in your monthly newspaper thing. We said we would do our best. We announced that we started voting with plenty of time for it to finish before your news article.

We asked some more questions. Then BCOM calls us out as being ineffective "Now, it's our turn. Since we were invited here and filled out the app, I haven't been impressed, tbh. A handful of you have said hi and asked two or three meaningful questions. The process has drug on and we're not sure why. I put in a request to see if it would be possible to have a vote completed by the 20th. That didn't happen. To my knowledge, a vote hasn't yet begun. For NOIR to be comprised of so many alliances in the largest sphere on Bob, it doesn't seem to be operating that well, nor very active. We're not sure that this bloc can benefit us. So, the tables turn to you to sell yourself to us. Is NOIR active enough to truly benefit our alliance? What advantages are there to belonging to NOIR?"

Before that comment your discussion thread was mainly positive with a few comments about the collusion and you trying to rush us but you would have been accepted. After that comment things changed around. I realize that application for things can be a pain, especially for a unity bloc, but we try to be thorough and weed through the alliances that will have issues down the line and address the concerns of 20+ alliances. This can take a while.

That said, I don't see why anyone cares that you left black. It is your decision and I don't think NOIR will miss you guys. It is funny that you didn't like brown while applying for NOIR and now you moved there however ;)

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='17 June 2010 - 06:57 PM' timestamp='1276819022' post='2341183']
yadayadayad

and brown was the color of poop :P

more blahblahblah

It is funny that you didn't like brown while applying for NOIR and now you moved there however ;)
[/quote]

Did I say I didn't like brown? No, I said brown was the color of poop, and it is. Do we really need to argue over such a thing?

[quote name='Blind Murder v2' date='17 June 2010 - 08:02 PM' timestamp='1276819330' post='2341191']
Did I say I didn't like brown? No, I said brown was the color of poop, and it is. Do we really need to argue over such a thing?
[/quote]

Good job cutting out all the parts of his post addressing your issues with NOIR and focusing on the color of feces instead.

Very well played.

[quote name='Daikos' date='17 June 2010 - 07:06 PM' timestamp='1276819562' post='2341199']
Good job cutting out all the parts of his post addressing your issues with NOIR and focusing on the color of feces instead.

Very well played.
[/quote]

I try my best.

My issues with NOIR.

[quote]Do you mind commenting on what was happening in your RL which made you so busy, and why this is no longer the case?[/quote]

Unnecessary

[quote]Reagan, it took Menotah 4 tries to be accepted into NOIR, over a period of at least 6 months.[/quote]

Seriously? For a Unity bloc?!

[quote]There are, by my count, twenty four alliances in NOIR. This means that there's 48 Upper Conclave members, and at least as many Middle Conclave members.[/quote]

Too many chiefs, not enough indians.

and off the point of "the application is ridiculous you have this

[quote]
[14:28] <xR1]FK[> You're welcome. Also in the future I'd like to extend a hand for you guys to apply to the black bloc NOIR.[/quote]

[quote]
[21:59] <xR1]Fk[> BCOM = Bcol
[21:59] <xR1]Fk[> but they are plotting karma v.2[/quote]

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='17 June 2010 - 07:06 PM' timestamp='1276819592' post='2341203']
Yes. Yes we do :P

It shows something about your nature Mr. BMv2.
[/quote]

Well, I can't speak for BMv2, but as far as BCOM is considered, we consider it to be very rude and unprofessional to publicize an alliance's private matters (such as an application process) in response to switching team colors. Sure, we have a few out there that simply just don't like BCOM. Every alliance has a few of those. But we do have boundaries when we deal with them.

[quote name='PotFace' date='17 June 2010 - 05:35 PM' timestamp='1276821318' post='2341246']
Well, I can't speak for BMv2, but as far as BCOM is considered, we consider it to be very rude and unprofessional to publicize an alliance's private matters (such as an application process) in response to switching team colors.
[/quote]
I always did think BMv2 was pretty unprofessional. Rude, I can't really speak for.

[quote name='Blind Murder v2' date='18 June 2010 - 01:21 AM' timestamp='1276820492' post='2341230']
I try my best.

My issues with NOIR.

Unnecessary [/quote] Correct me if I am wrong, but he asked if you wanted to comment since you brought it up. You put it out there for commentary, and he wasn't demanding in the least. Making a determination based on OOC things would be wrong, but he merely asked if you were willing to comment.

[quote]Seriously? For a Unity bloc?![/quote]
If it works for 24 alliances why not for you? Also, BCOM founded knowing full well there would be stigma attached to their name. You may claim to have no ties but it will be in the back of many minds just as \m/, GOONS, VE, NoR etc have certain historical stigma attached to their names. You should expect certain differences of behavior based on this fact alone.

[quote]Too many chiefs, not enough indians.[/quote] I donno having 48ish leaders for one of the largest color spheres doesn't seem too bad to me.

Also I am not sure what out of context IRC snippets from 1 member bring to the table but sure! Good one!

[quote name='PotFace' date='18 June 2010 - 01:35 AM' timestamp='1276821318' post='2341246']
Well, I can't speak for BMv2, but as far as BCOM is considered, we consider it to be very rude and unprofessional to publicize an alliance's private matters (such as an application process) in response to switching team colors. Sure, we have a few out there that simply just don't like BCOM. Every alliance has a few of those. But we do have boundaries when we deal with them.
[/quote]

Well since black team and NOIR were called unfriendly. I thought I would provide my input. To set the record straight if you will.

Edited by commander thrawn

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='17 June 2010 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1276822016' post='2341268']
Well since black team and NOIR were called unfriendly. I thought I would provide my input. To set the record straight if you will.
[/quote]

LOL !! Can't fault you for that, but that's a bit overkill imo. And by doing that, all you've done is support that notion, rather than disprove it.

[quote name='PotFace' date='18 June 2010 - 02:00 AM' timestamp='1276822818' post='2341277']
LOL !! Can't fault you for that, but that's a bit overkill imo. And by doing that, all you've done is support that notion, rather than disprove it.
[/quote]
It seems a certain member of BCOM already dragged that series of events through the mud, I saw the events differently and posted explaining what I saw, how I think things went down. I guess I would just say that when someone brings something up in discussion it opens that topic up for further examination.

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='17 June 2010 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1276822016' post='2341268']
[/quote]

Yeah, that was something said by someone who was neither associated with BCOM or NSO, and you guys decided to make it an issue. But you're really doing a good job proving what you're trying so hard to disprove.

In any event, it'll be a nice day when Brown becomes the 4th largest sphere in terms of people. That day is beckoning ever-quicker, and we shall have plentiful beer and wine to throw around. BCOM knows what they're doing here.

edit: damnit, PotFace just said what I said before me.

Edited by KainIIIC

[quote name='KainIIIC' date='17 June 2010 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1276823458' post='2341282']
Yeah, that was something said by someone who was neither associated with BCOM or NSO, and you guys decided to make it an issue. But you're really doing a good job proving what you're trying so hard to disprove.

In any event, it'll be a nice day when Brown becomes the 4th largest sphere in terms of people. That day is beckoning ever-quicker, and we shall have plentiful beer and wine to throw around. BCOM knows what they're doing here.

edit: damnit, PotFace just said what I said before me.
[/quote]

Indeed... I hate looking back when I could be spending that time looking forward. Guess that just makes us different I suppose. In either event, if you're trying to show that you really *are* friendly, then perhaps being friendly would be a great approach.

[quote name='Believland' date='17 June 2010 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1276823844' post='2341290']
You could have been one of the few alliances who did not sign with NOIR. No need to move to Brown. But, I respect that you have.

NOIR, you've always been full of characters. Glad you haven't changed :)
[/quote]

Yep. So when we said that our dealings with NOIR wasn't a primary factor in the decision to move to brown, there's your proof.