An Announcement from Blackstone Commission

[quote name='Daikos' date='15 June 2010 - 07:45 PM' timestamp='1276649094' post='2338876']
Sounds like a rubbish response to me. Obviously we are nothing but a bunch of bullies who only enjoy making alliances jump through hoops for our entertainment.
[/quote]

and yet you call us disrespectful and arrogant. heh.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Daikos' date='15 June 2010 - 05:45 PM' timestamp='1276649094' post='2338876']
Sounds like a rubbish response to me. Obviously we are nothing but a bunch of bullies who only enjoy making alliances jump through hoops for our entertainment.
[/quote]
i don't need your bridge-dwelling ways anywhere near here. Cease and desist before I call upon the Black thought Police :v:

Everything worked out for everyone in the end. I don't hold any ill will towards NOIR or the black sphere. From their point of view, I, for one, was being arrogant during the app process and from mine...so were they. As BMv2 pointed out, we just didn't click. All of that was settled and we withdrew the app in good standing and everyone on both sides feeling better about it, I believe.

Not knowing the inner workings of BCOM or the people there, I can certainly understand how NOIR was apprehensive to admit us, and although we do know of a couple of people who were friendly to us while spouting off about us behind our backs, those people don't represent the entirety of NOIR. We didn't leave the black sphere because of friction with NOIR. We left because there were others who were very welcoming and hospitable, so it only made sense to follow that path. No reason to draw lines, so no one should be attempting to spin it that way.

[quote name='Blind Murder v2' date='15 June 2010 - 08:14 PM' timestamp='1276647273' post='2338844']
NSO and GATO both offered us many things, including but not limited to protection, organized trade and tech deal assistance, and friendship. None of these things were offered by any alliance on black, infact, a few alliances on black actually openly turned on us and was spreading rumors of BCOM doing things like the Collusion. Which by now, should be obvious that we're not.
[/quote]
I'm going to go ahead and call your BS. In a polite way of course.

The moment BCOM was formed, some of us had our doubts about you guys, but you sure proved you were nothing like the embarrassment that was the Collusion. If anything, we welcomed you with open arms. We offered you help with trades, and tech deals, we as a whole may not have offered you protection, but you were not actively looking for it, besides, who would mess with a Noir signatory? I would like to see your proof of "a few alliances on black actually openly turned on you" and "spreading rumors saying you were the Collusion".

Noir as a whole is not bias to any party, we are all from different corners of Bob, united under one banner for the greater of Black. If you did not see this, then perhaps its best that yuo did leave, however I still do not think your reasoning is sound.

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='15 June 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1276648970' post='2338873']
I didn't see unwelcoming alliances as much as I saw reaction to BCOM being disrespectful about the way NOIR handled its affairs. In the end, the final vote showed the same as many, many alliances that have come through NOIR before:[b] BCOM was not established enough as an alliance to be admitted to NOIR.[/b] There have been very few exceptions to that rule over time, and more often than not those alliances we let in early have disbanded. NOIR is not a beginning alliance protection bloc; we are economy-based and offer defense to our signatories. Had you established your place in Bob and dispelled the doubt many people have had about your leadership, then you would have no doubt seen a place in NOIR a couple months down the road.

tl;dr econ =/= IA. Once IA are taken care of, we're here.
[/quote]

A selective unity block?

[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='16 June 2010 - 12:45 PM' timestamp='1276706731' post='2339566']
A selective unity block?
[/quote]
No not at all.

As I stated above, Noir has many different opinions from different corners of Bob. Included in this is a group of elitist alliances, their votes are as good as the lulzist alliance's vote. Each member is voted on before being allowed to join, if they do not pass, they are permitted to reapply.

[quote name='Fort Pitt' date='16 June 2010 - 12:42 PM' timestamp='1276706513' post='2339562']
I'm going to go ahead and call your BS. In a polite way of course.

The moment BCOM was formed, some of us had our doubts about you guys, but you sure proved you were nothing like the embarrassment that was the Collusion. If anything, we welcomed you with open arms. We offered you help with trades, and tech deals, we as a whole may not have offered you protection, but you were not actively looking for it, besides, who would mess with a Noir signatory? I would like to see your proof of "a few alliances on black actually openly turned on you" and "spreading rumors saying you were the Collusion".

Noir as a whole is not bias to any party, we are all from different corners of Bob, united under one banner for the greater of Black. If you did not see this, then perhaps its best that yuo did leave, however I still do not think your reasoning is sound.
[/quote]

Maybe they were looking for hospitality. They've mentioned that they didn't receive that. It's clear that moving from Black to Brown is not an economic decision and yet you keep trying to make it seem that way.

Care to read what I quoted? He clearly states that Black did not offer any economic, tech, or protection, which is far from the truth. I understand its not an economic decision, because if it were he just committed economic suicide. The Black sphere is possibly the most hospitable of the spheres, no matter what alliance, you are always welcome, we're one big family.

[quote name='Fort Pitt' date='16 June 2010 - 02:05 PM' timestamp='1276711517' post='2339658']
Care to read what I quoted? He clearly states that Black did not offer any economic, tech, or protection, which is far from the truth. I understand its not an economic decision, because if it were he just committed economic suicide. The Black sphere is possibly the most hospitable of the spheres, no matter what alliance, you are always welcome, we're one big family.
[/quote]

I did read your damn statements and I'm telling you that you're approaching this wrong. I'm a pretty thick person but even I can read between the lines. Yes, from your perspective, you would say that you were being hospitable. Does that mean it's necessarily true from their perspective? Absolutely not. You are just one person in one alliance who thinks you offered them help. We took the effort to communicate them in an amicable manner, while you did not, from their perspective.

I fail to see how this is economic suicide, regardless. It would be a poor economic decision, yes, but that's nowhere near everything involved in this transition. We have mentioned repeatedly that we are more than confident in helping them obtain trades. Does that mean that it will be easy? No. Does that mean it's suicide? No.

Edited by Jrenster

Cool your jets, they are starting to get hot.

There's nothing between the lines but blank pixels. We were ALL hospitable, at least in the form of Noir, individuals on their own outside of Noir might not have been, but that doesn't change the fact that collectively Noir was hospitable. Meaning this has something to do with a single alliance, maybe two, which means it's not Black not being hospitable, it's BCOM ignoring the majority.

Going from the best economic sphere to one of the... lesser... is economic suicide, granted tech deals don't matter what sphere you are, nor does any other financial aid, but the trades is what hurts. The reason the economic situation keeps being brought up is not because that's the reason, certainly its not. It's the fact that they chose to leave the sphere over what is probably only a few individuals. It's a very very strange way to deal with a problem like that.

[quote name='Fort Pitt' date='16 June 2010 - 04:15 PM' timestamp='1276719286' post='2339789']
Cool your jets, they are starting to get hot.

There's nothing between the lines but blank pixels. We were ALL hospitable, at least in the form of Noir, individuals on their own outside of Noir might not have been, but that doesn't change the fact that collectively Noir was hospitable. Meaning this has something to do with a single alliance, maybe two, which means it's not Black not being hospitable, it's BCOM ignoring the majority.

Going from the best economic sphere to one of the... lesser... is economic suicide, granted tech deals don't matter what sphere you are, nor does any other financial aid, but the trades is what hurts. The reason the economic situation keeps being brought up is not because that's the reason, certainly its not. It's the fact that they chose to leave the sphere over what is probably only a few individuals. It's a very very strange way to deal with a problem like that.
[/quote]

It's not my place to say whether or not NOIR was being amicable toward BCom or not. I will take Reagan's and Potface's word for it and say that they left you guys because they felt that there were some growing tensions with them and the Black team.

I still disagree with your comment on it being economic suicide, for reasons you state yourself. Same color trades is but a small portion of an alliance's economy and it does not deserve nowhere near as much attention as it's being given in this announcement. Like I said, this isn't a purely economic decision and I think that's obvious. If the entire world was concerned about the economy, they would all move to one color sphere and be done with it.

Ok so we lack an active graphics department... that's all we lack.....

I'm saying them moving spheres and hurting their color is fairly stupid when they could have reaped the benefits of having good trades plus the best economy. Their reasons I don't believe are sound for leaving the sphere. Sure, treaties with brown alliances I can understand, but to move over something that Isn't much at all is just ridiculous.

[quote name='Fort Pitt' date='16 June 2010 - 11:42 AM' timestamp='1276706513' post='2339562']
I would like to see your proof of "a few alliances on black actually openly turned on you" and "spreading rumors saying you were the Collusion".
[/quote]

Come find me in #blackstone.

[quote name='Fort Pitt' date='16 June 2010 - 11:42 AM' timestamp='1276706513' post='2339562']
We offered you help with trades, and tech deals, we as a whole may not have offered you protection, but you were not actively looking for it[/quote]

I'd like to see your proof of this.

besides, who would mess with a Noir signatory?[/quote]

NSO :lol1:

[quote name='Blind Murder v2' date='16 June 2010 - 07:53 PM' timestamp='1276732390' post='2340044']
[/quote]

I remember the last time they did that.

I think it ended with Ivan pulling on some peoples choke chains and back peddling as fast as possible.

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='16 June 2010 - 09:30 PM' timestamp='1276741839' post='2340203']
But if I talk to them I will get to know them and want to be friends or something.
[/quote]
That'll happen sometimes.

[quote name='Daikos' date='16 June 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1276742472' post='2340213']
I remember the last time they did that.
I think it ended with Ivan pulling on some peoples choke chains and back peddling as fast as possible.
[/quote]
Hey Daikos, anti-NSO slander's the wrong type of inanity for this occasion. You're supposed to be making equally silly statements and posturing over black team alliances' relative degrees of hospitality. Just thought I'd let you know.

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='16 June 2010 - 09:30 PM' timestamp='1276741839' post='2340203']
But if I talk to them I will get to know them and want to be friends or something.
[/quote]

Who knows, we'll probably seduce you to come over to Brown. We're like that ;)

[quote name='Blind Murder v2' date='16 June 2010 - 07:53 PM' timestamp='1276732390' post='2340044']
Come find me in #blackstone.
[/quote]
Or you could just post it here, I've retired from most aspects of this... world...

I'd like to see your proof of this.
[/quote]
Just look in your Noir app thread if you haven't been demasked yet.

[/quote]
You're right, NSO is a laughing matter. ;)

[quote name='Fort Pitt' date='17 June 2010 - 07:31 AM' timestamp='1276774266' post='2340557']
Or you could just post it here, I've retired from most aspects of this... world...
[/quote]
IRC is always the best way.

[quote name='Fort Pitt' date='17 June 2010 - 07:31 AM' timestamp='1276774266' post='2340557']
You're right, NSO is a laughing matter. ;)
[/quote]
That's not very nice. :(