Ronin Q&A

[quote name='Muddog' date='01 June 2010 - 11:01 PM' timestamp='1275447680' post='2320044']
Good answers just a few more questions for you folks.

1) Outside of your current government, what members are doing a good job, what is that job, and what do you see their contributions having on the future of Ronin.

2) Everyone has friends and everyone has enemies and Ronin is no different, name your closest ally and your most hated rivals.

3) If your current government was removed in one night, could the remaining members hold the alliance together (Answer honestly)?

~Edited for spelling~
[/quote]

Enyo is participating well in FA and recruitment.

If I had to pick one, I'd say OSA with Genesis being a very close second. As for most hated, we really don't have any tension with any alliance. I guess The Corporation would be the closest alliance for that description, but we really aren't rivals nor do we hate them. And any tension with Corp is really just between Balder and AirMe for the most part. They love to hate each other.

I have no doubt. Many of our members have a long time or experience within governments and CN as a whole. I'd actually have no worry whatsoever over the future of Ronin in that situation.

Edited by JackSkellington

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) When the hell is JackSkellington getting full control of the alliance? It's quite obvious that AirMe lacks any real leadership qualities.

2) If you didn't have members like JackSkellington, HisK, don bidarian, and the recent addition of Ouch, do you think that the alliance would of made it this long? Local speculation is that it wouldn't have.

3) AirMe is full of fail. Regardless if he founded the alliance or not, I will ask the first question differently, when the hell are you getting rid of him?

4) Local word has that since the resignation of HisK from Minister of Internal Affairs their has been a real lack of investigation on older member nations inside of Cybernations. Is there going to be a change that makes it so that prospected members get investigated through the proper channels or are you still going to let rejects in?

5) Your alliance seems to lacking in activity from HisK, what are steps you will take to bring HisK back to life? He is missed over at OSA.

6) Now you claim your alliance is one of honor and respect. Is this respect giving to all people on all levels, or is this one sided respect that you will only give people that you favor over others?

7) What are the chances that AirMe will sit down and learn how to properly handle situations from Nitemare? This includes learning public relations as well as learning how to communicate with people that he doesn't get along with since he seems to lack that ability also.

8) Is there anyone that Ronin hates more than me?

9) Why is OSA so much better than you guys?

10) I want to address a current problem with this question, one of your members don bidarian seems to have a strange fascination with sticks from Asia, how will that be addressed and solved? Is it even solvable? Will you have to take him out back and shoot him?

11) Rumor around town is that Ronin is now the GPA Retirement Home. Will you guys be switching to green and raising the white flag of peace in the future?

12) Does AirMe know what 'The Game' is?

13) Not really a question but <3 HisK, Nitemare, and Ouch.

That should sum up my questions for now, if I have anymore I shall be sure to ask. ;)

[quote name='BloodFury' date='02 June 2010 - 01:11 AM' timestamp='1275455491' post='2320177']
1) When the hell is JackSkellington getting full control of the alliance? It's quite obvious that AirMe lacks any real leadership qualities.
[b]I happen to like Dilber[/b]

2) If you didn't have members like JackSkellington, HisK, don bidarian, and the recent addition of Ouch, do you think that the alliance would of made it this long? Local speculation is that it wouldn't have.
[b]We lasted a time without HisK, Don, and Ouch[/b]

3) AirMe is full of fail. Regardless if he founded the alliance or not, I will ask the first question differently, when the hell are you getting rid of him?
[b]I still like Dilber[/b]

4) Local word has that since the resignation of HisK from Minister of Internal Affairs their has been a real lack of investigation on older member nations inside of Cybernations. Is there going to be a change that makes it so that prospected members get investigated through the proper channels or are you still going to let rejects in?
[b]We didn't investigate Enyo as thoroughly as we had investigated other rulers. Other than her, there has been NO other cases of what you suggest and that case was sanctioned by both AirMe and myself[/b]

5) Your alliance seems to lacking in activity from HisK, what are steps you will take to bring HisK back to life? He is missed over at OSA.
[b]His activity will come in time when he feels ready. We aren't going to pressure him into it[/b]

6) Now you claim your alliance is one of honor and respect. Is this respect giving to all people on all levels, or is this one sided respect that you will only give people that you favor over others?
[b]I'm actually not one to hand out respect for the sake of it[/b]

7) What are the chances that AirMe will sit down and learn how to properly handle situations from Nitemare? This includes learning public relations as well as learning how to communicate with people that he doesn't get along with since he seems to lack that ability also.
[b]Some would say that situation should be reversed[/b]

8) Is there anyone that Ronin hates more than me?
[b]We don't hate you at all. You're just slightly annoying[/b]

9) Why is OSA so much better than you guys?
[b]Because they haven't kicked you out yet[/b]

10) I want to address a current problem with this question, one of your members don bidarian seems to have a strange fascination with sticks from Asia, how will that be addressed and solved? Is it even solvable? Will you have to take him out back and shoot him?
[b]I laughed[/b]

11) Rumor around town is that Ronin is now the GPA Retirement Home. Will you guys be switching to green and raising the white flag of peace in the future?
[b]We have gained our fair share of ex-GPA members, yes. But that is mostly due to other ex members having already been in Ronin and the ones who recently joined wanting to be with people they know. Will we be switching to green? No. Will we be going neutral? Not a chance[/b]

12) Does AirMe know what 'The Game' is?
[b]I don't know[/b]

13) Not really a question but <3 HisK, Nitemare, and Ouch.
[b]Good to know[/b]

That should sum up my questions for now, if I have anymore I shall be sure to ask. ;)
[/quote]

[quote name='BloodFury' date='02 June 2010 - 01:26 AM' timestamp='1275456348' post='2320197']
You were very vague and skirted around some of the questions there by planting information not relating to them. Is this normal procedures we can expect to see from an alliance bound by 'Honor'?
[/quote]
Give examples so I can answer the questions better.

[quote name='Le Pieux' date='02 June 2010 - 01:29 AM' timestamp='1275456554' post='2320203']
Why no Ronin come talk to LoSS :(
[/quote]
Never really thought about it.

[quote name='BloodFury' date='02 June 2010 - 01:39 AM' timestamp='1275457175' post='2320213']
Questions 1 and 3 were comments on Dilber.

Question 9 Is because they love me.
[/quote]
They're actually pretty direct. You just have to understand them.

[quote name='New Frontier' date='02 June 2010 - 01:43 AM' timestamp='1275457402' post='2320218']
When will AirMe join NSO like he promised?
[/quote]
It's highly doubtful that he will join them ever, but I'll leave it to him to actually answer it.

[quote name='Randalla' date='02 June 2010 - 01:48 AM' timestamp='1275457713' post='2320222']
How's my Hiskeh? :wub:
[/quote]
Taking a break for the most part.

[quote name='Emperor Noodla' date='01 June 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1275459537' post='2320240']
How much would Ronin pay for a bowl of noodles with beer on the side?
[/quote]
How much would Ronin pay for a bowl of noodles with beer on the side [i]in a Japanese restaurant[/i]?

[quote name='Emperor Noodla' date='02 June 2010 - 02:19 AM' timestamp='1275459537' post='2320240']
How much would Ronin pay for a bowl of noodles with beer on the side?
[/quote]
The price stated in the menu.

[quote name='Dementual' date='02 June 2010 - 02:21 AM' timestamp='1275459664' post='2320243']
How much would Ronin pay for a bowl of noodles with beer on the side [i]in a Japanese restaurant[/i]?
[/quote]
The price stated in the menu at the Japanese Restaurant I go to. I find Ichiban to be a decent beer.

[quote name='Hyperion321' date='02 June 2010 - 02:38 AM' timestamp='1275460676' post='2320254']
Favorite CN memory?
[/quote]
Probably a split between joining Ronin and when TOP & Friends attacked C&G.

What does Ronin think about the concept of preemption?Obviously, this relates to "when TOP & Friends attacked C&G" but I'm really trying to get a sense of whether you guys philosophically oppose it or if it is a situational issue for you.

Edited: for relevance and grammar

Edited by Lord Curzon

[quote name='Lord Curzon' date='02 June 2010 - 03:18 AM' timestamp='1275463115' post='2320266']
What does Ronin think about the concept of preemption?Obviously, this relates to "when TOP & Friends attacked C&G" but I'm really trying to get a sense of whether you guys philosophically oppose it or if it is a situational issue for you.

[/quote]

Well, I don't want to necessarily speak for Ronin because I think AirMe will disagree with me. But as for my personal opinion, I have problems with a preemptive strike. It's a valid strategy that can be used to give yourself an edge. And when in war, you will use whatever you can to give yourself an edge. I wasn't all that upset by the attack TOP & Friends made on C&G. Which brings me to the question I previously answered. The reason I considered it one of my best moments was because it gave Ronin the opportunity to enter the war. Now, in this world, the concept of attacking and/or defending without a treaty is touchy for most people. You could say TOP didn't have a CB. And for the most part, they didn't. To me though, they had a legitimate reason to preemptively attack.

As for whether I would ever use the strategy personally. Right now, I couldn't know. If the time came, it's possible. As I said, I see it as a valid strategy. But I'm undecided whether I would use it.

[quote name='Burnsey' date='02 June 2010 - 03:30 AM' timestamp='1275463828' post='2320275']
What is Ronin's thoughts on AZTEC?
[/quote]

I don't believe we really have much thought on AZTEC. I know 1 or 2 people in NV, but other then them, I don't know anyone in AZTEC as a whole.

[quote name='JackSkellington' date='02 June 2010 - 03:30 AM' timestamp='1275463785' post='2320272']
Well, I don't want to necessarily speak for Ronin because I think AirMe will disagree with me. But as for my personal opinion, I have problems with a preemptive strike. It's a valid strategy that can be used to give yourself an edge. And when in war, you will use whatever you can to give yourself an edge. I wasn't all that upset by the attack TOP & Friends made on C&G. Which brings me to the question I previously answered. The reason I considered it one of my best moments was because it gave Ronin the opportunity to enter the war. Now, in this world, the concept of attacking and/or defending without a treaty is touchy for most people. You could say TOP didn't have a CB. And for the most part, they didn't. To me though, they had a legitimate reason to preemptively attack.

As for whether I would ever use the strategy personally. Right now, I couldn't know. If the time came, it's possible. As I said, I see it as a valid strategy. But I'm undecided whether I would use it.
[/quote]

I appreciate your candor.

[quote name='Lord Curzon' date='02 June 2010 - 03:18 AM' timestamp='1275463115' post='2320266']

[/quote]

Preemption is ok in certain situations. However, the reasons of "they were mean to us" and "they would have attacked us anyways" are not valid reasons for a preemption. There needs to be proof and we need to be convinced that it warrants a preemption instead of diplomacy.

[quote name='Burnsey' date='02 June 2010 - 03:30 AM' timestamp='1275463828' post='2320275']
What is Ronin's thoughts on AZTEC?
[/quote]

I know NV that is it so I have no opinion on AZTEC. I certainly don't want to get Montezuma's Revenge.

[quote name='Skippy' date='02 June 2010 - 03:40 AM' timestamp='1275464441' post='2320284']
I'll go ahead and ask you what I asked STA :P

Thoughts on TIO/Sirius?
[/quote]

No thoughts really.

[quote name='Grumpdogg' date='02 June 2010 - 04:47 AM' timestamp='1275468429' post='2320301']
Why is your embassy on our forums so quiet? :(

I've always inexplicably liked you guys, so come and give me a reason please :P
[/quote]

Our FA department doesn't head out much, we do a lot of it on IRC. We will make sure someone heads over and mingles with you guys.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='02 June 2010 - 04:52 AM' timestamp='1275468719' post='2320303']
What is the origin of the up and coming meme "Should Ronin have stayed dead?"
[/quote]

In one of the ratings threads....or was it a CN Award thread...or someone else....../me shrugs. Someone stated we should have stayed dead trying to insult us so we turned it into a personal meme for ourselves. If you can't laugh and degrade yourself who can you do it to?