Ronin Q&A

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='JackSkellington' date='02 June 2010 - 02:09 AM' timestamp='1275440981' post='2319888']
You ask questions. We answer those questions. So have at it.
[/quote]

How much do you love gondor.

[quote name='skapunk' date='01 June 2010 - 09:13 PM' timestamp='1275441169' post='2319893']
How much do you love gondor.
[/quote]
7/10. Getting stronger with each day.

[quote name='DarkEra97' date='01 June 2010 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1275441257' post='2319895']
Aww you beat me to it.

Who is your favorite member of Gondor?
[/quote]
Cheyenne.

[quote]Chey, Jaym and Dera.

Sleep with one, marry one and kill one. Go. [/quote]

Sleep: Ro
Marry: Ro
Kill: Chey, Jaym, and Dera.

Edited by JackSkellington

[quote name='Jaymjaym' date='01 June 2010 - 09:17 PM' timestamp='1275441419' post='2319898']
What is your favorite [s]Gondor[/s] color?

err...

If you could start an alliance with 2 other people, current or former rulers, who would they be?(Don't use anyone from Ronin :excl: )
[/quote]

Aqua.

ThePainkiller and KissGoodbye(Former).

[quote name='magicninja' date='01 June 2010 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1275442782' post='2319934']
GATO's performance during the war including ability to coordinate with allies. How would you rate that?
[/quote]
7.5/10. By no means perfect, GATO was obviously carrying the load against TSO. The nations seemed to perform well and were handled well, especially when I was working with you.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='01 June 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1275442843' post='2319936']
Why are Gondorians the only people posting in this thread :P ?
[/quote]

They aren't. But they are the majority. I just didn't send the link to every channel I'm in.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='01 June 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1275444146' post='2319969']
Rather random question I'll admit, but, where did the name Checkmate come from for the Genesis/OSA/Ronin bloc. As an avid chess player myself, I'm curious to see whether I might have some potential competition
[/quote]

There are a few people who play chess, but really...We used Checkmate because we aren't creative at all and couldn't think of anything else.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='01 June 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1275444146' post='2319969']
Rather random question I'll admit, but, where did the name Checkmate come from for the Genesis/OSA/Ronin bloc. As an avid chess player myself, I'm curious to see whether I might have some potential competition
[/quote]

[quote name='JackSkellington' date='01 June 2010 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1275444857' post='2319980']
There are a few people who play chess, but really...We used Checkmate because we aren't creative at all and couldn't think of anything else.
[/quote]

Because all of my Muppet Themes were overridden by Jack and Templar. We almost agreed on Pigs In Space but people didn't want to use the acronym P.I.S.

As for the game of chess, I am no good. But I believe some of the OSA dudes play regularly.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='Floyd' date='01 June 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1275444152' post='2319971']
so I heard that Kroknia had a frontal lobotomy is this true?
[/quote]

Hmmm that would explain the sudden drop in commie rhetoric coming from him. But to my knowledge the procedure hasn't been performed yet......perhaps I have said too much already.

[quote name='Auctor' date='01 June 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1275445999' post='2320000']
what would you say if I said I'd rate your alliance a 10 if you got rid of every member with the exception of Tepes?
[/quote]

I'd wonder why you apparently like that !@#$%^&.

[quote name='Muddog' date='01 June 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1275446731' post='2320024']
What would you say is the most important value, to your alliance?

What do you see in Ronin's future for the next 90 days?

What would you say is Ronin's biggest handicap?
[/quote]

1. We try to stick to the code of honor and integrity that we lay out in our charter. (INB4 LOL HONOR.) We have no qualms disagreeing with each other on things.

2. Hitting the soft 50 member cap that we set on our recruitment efforts and getting those new members involved in some programs we have in the pipeline to help grow younger nations. Much of our core hasn't been anything that could be considered a young nation in quite some time.

3. Me. When people think of Ronin they think of me.(Shutting down ego......now) I want them to recognize other members in the alliance other than myself. We have some awesome members in this alliance with great viewpoints and heads on their shoulders and I want everyone to see that.

[quote name='Muddog' date='01 June 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1275446731' post='2320024']
What would you say is the most important value, to your alliance?

What do you see in Ronin's future for the next 90 days?

What would you say is Ronin's biggest handicap?
[/quote]

Honesty with the membership.

Likely the same as usual. For the most part keeping to ourselves.

Well, there is quite a variety within Ronin. Although it's always good to have different opinions, it also makes it so it sometimes takes longer to get things going because there is someone pushing the other way. I guess you could say the bureaucracy of it. We always speak with our membership on issues so it takes time to pull the trigger sometimes.(AirMe also brings up a valid point for the question) I know it sounds like I'm going the other way then the first question. I'm not saying honesty with membership is a bad thing. I don't think we should ever do without it. I'm just pointing out the possible cons to it.

Good answers just a few more questions for you folks.

1) Outside of your current government, what members are doing a good job, what is that job, and what do you see their contributions having on the future of Ronin.

2) Everyone has friends and everyone has enemies and Ronin is no different, name your closest ally and your most hated rivals.

3) If your current government was removed in one night, could the remaining members hold the alliance together (Answer honestly)?

~Edited for spelling~

Edited by Muddog

[quote name='Muddog' date='01 June 2010 - 11:01 PM' timestamp='1275447680' post='2320044']
Good answers just a few more questions for you folks.

1) Outside of your current government, what members are doing a good job, what is that job, and what do you see their contributions having on the future of Ronin.

2) Everyone has friends and everyone has enemies and Ronin is no different, name your closes ally and your most heated rivals.

3) If your current government was removed in one night, could the remaining members hold the alliance together (Answer honestly)?
[/quote]

1. Oddjob does a great job with the military and Enyo does a good job picking up the slack for Helga when she is away. Ouch is an amazing recruiter when we take the reigns off of him. Yes, all of these members will have an impact on our future.

2. Asking me to pick favorites??????? WTF! Ok. OSA is our closest ally because of the amount of contact that we have, hell we share our roster with them for O'Samurai United in the Castle Fairground Premier League. Which we placed 4th with staunch defensive play. But when I say close, we are extremely close to all of our allies due to the way we conduct our foreign policy. There are always open lines of communication, we wouldn't have it any other way. As for enemies? I dunno really.

3. Yes. The remaining members could hold it together. Between Abwehrchef, KingDingaLing, Matt Bowen, FinnishCommie, Mitch, Ouch, Oddjob, Enyo, WernerHoffman, MagicFriend, JimRaynor and Sdanderson, they could pick up the slack and then some if for some reason current gov was magically transported out of this game. They have enough experience and knowledge to do so.

Edited by AirMe