Facepunch Alliance and the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism are now apart of a protectorate treaty

[quote name='Ardus' date='28 May 2010 - 09:51 PM' timestamp='1275097868' post='2315159']
All I hear is a bunch of people crying because they didn't get our newest invasion group in their camp. Now, it might be that horrible "weeping wax" ailment I suffer from, but I'm pretty sure this time its real.

:(( GOONS :((
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Actually I believe you're mistaken. Based on Facepunch's conduct in their DoE many people saw the alliance for what it is. A bad taste was left in many mouths. So I imagine most people are rather relieved to see that Facepunch has casts its lot in with GOONS', who are firmly in your camp. Yes, that's right. Facepunch is your problem. Good luck.[/color]

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='28 May 2010 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1275100568' post='2315201']
Actually I believe you're mistaken. Based on Facepunch's conduct in their DoE many people saw the alliance for what it is. A bad taste was left in many mouths. So I imagine most people are rather relieved to see that Facepunch has casts its lot in with GOONS', who are firmly in your camp. Yes, that's right. Facepunch is your problem. Good luck.
[/quote]
Yes, because if FP hadn't allied with us plebs they would have forced a treaty down an unwilling and more noble alliance's throat. Great logic there.

[quote name='Aurion' date='28 May 2010 - 09:39 PM' timestamp='1275097132' post='2315149']
Incidentally, I find it interesting that some people here apparently think that you should choose a protector based solely on money. [i]Hmm[/i], lol.
[/quote]

Obviously not. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be a big consideration, especially when your alliance demographic is at such an extreme end of the spectrum.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='28 May 2010 - 11:15 PM' timestamp='1275102885' post='2315226']
Obviously not. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be a big consideration, especially when your alliance demographic is at such an extreme end of the spectrum.
[/quote]

I imagine given all the tech selling-range nations there's liable to be a mad scramble to deal with Facepunch once they finish getting everything ready to go.

So I really don't think that's especially valid.

Edit: Besides which, if it comes in at all it should be a [i]very[/i] distant second to whether or not you actually like a prospective protector.

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='SirWilliam' date='28 May 2010 - 05:01 PM' timestamp='1275080446' post='2314901']
I also can't help but laugh at the raving and farfetchedness of RV and Haflinger and others who see nothing but conspiracy and plotting everywhere they look. A pleasure as always.
[/quote]
Huh? This is what I said.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='28 May 2010 - 12:08 PM' timestamp='1275062865' post='2314655']
Well, to be honest GOONS did handle the last raid on one of our protected AAs perfectly well. However, I'm not sure extending their diplomats to yet more of the same problems is the ideal situation. But if they can handle the extra workload (which from FP's warscreen would appear to be considerable), then good luck to them.
[/quote]
What are you talking about exactly? I compliment GOONS on their handling of a raid situation and wish them good luck with their new protectorate. Is this some perverse code for a conspiracy theory that I am not aware of yet?

(I am aware of you guys' tendency to think I'm a humourless assassin and receive all my jokes as picture-perfect straight men. But on this occasion when I actually make a serious remark, you seem to still have skipped bothering to read it.)

[quote name='Haflinger' date='29 May 2010 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1275105620' post='2315259']
Huh? This is what I said.

What are you talking about exactly? I compliment GOONS on their handling of a raid situation and wish them good luck with their new protectorate. Is this some perverse code for a conspiracy theory that I am not aware of yet?

(I am aware of you guys' tendency to think I'm a humourless assassin and receive all my jokes as picture-perfect straight men. But on this occasion when I actually make a serious remark, you seem to still have skipped bothering to read it.)
[/quote]
I think he meant to say ChairmanHal. :v:

[quote name='Ungern' date='28 May 2010 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1275102595' post='2315224']
Yes, because if FP hadn't allied with us plebs they would have forced a treaty down an unwilling and more noble alliance's throat. Great logic there.
[/quote]
Facepunch is ruining the... planet.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='29 May 2010 - 03:20 AM' timestamp='1275092406' post='2315088']
[color="#0000FF"]So, you disapprove of my attitude? Tough. I ain't too fond of you either cupcake. Also, I ain't interested in whether or not you care for my opinions. I ain't seeking to win you over.

Now, I forget who said I made an awful comment in your DoE....let me say I could have said a lot worse, but I gave some constructive criticism about avoiding unnecessary charter clutter. Instead of either taking or leaving it, you instead verbally abuse me. You share a similar tone with GOONS, and that ain't a compliment. It is a fact though. Both Facepunch and GOONS represent the very worst that this world has to offer. The bottom of the bottom. I am consoled solely by the knowledge that you both will burn together. Oh, there will be light. A bright, shining light. A beacon to us all lest we ever forget what happens to the likes of you.[/color]
[/quote]

Ah you returned.

I must say your 'philosophical insight' really does intrigue and entertain me. I mean, to be honest, I actually enjoy reading these humorous posts and the inevitable 'Rebel Virginia Prediction' at the end. You'd make a good fraudulent fortune teller; I'd recommend you to seek a local fair, fortune tellers are usually in high demand. Also, don't pull the '[i]I only offered constructive criticism!!111[/i]' card out. We know who you are RV, you have a certain reputation for this type of stuff, and you're original intentions were not to offer constructive criticism. I pity NSO and CN Forums for having to deal with you.

Edited by Starpluck

I'd also find it funny that most of alliances are criticizing this protectorate treaty. Had I signed it with another alliance, the bickering will still be there. The only real cause of this, is simple. You weren't chosen.

[quote name='Starpluck' date='29 May 2010 - 09:02 AM' timestamp='1275138109' post='2315491']
I'd also find it funny that most of alliances are criticizing this protectorate treaty. Had I signed it with another alliance, the bickering will still be there. The only real cause of this, is simple. You weren't chosen.
[/quote]
You're new to CN. Here's a free tip.

Most of the people posting in here were in alliances not interested in protecting yours, and honestly, most of them don't really care who got the workload. They're not being entirely honest.

Rather, they're bickering out of habit. It's what they do.

Why don't we all sit down with a nice jug of lemonade and forget our differences for the day? Make up and start fresh?

Or we could continue to fling monkey poop at each other. Actually, that sounds fun. =D

Everyone argues here. Any thread with have an argument between two people about something. It's one of the big downsides to CN and one of the reasons I restrict myself to very few topics on the OWF.

Anyway, have fun. =)

[quote name='mrcalkin' date='28 May 2010 - 03:52 PM' timestamp='1275076305' post='2314850']
I assume if war erupted between NSO and GOONS any time soon there are going to be plenty of other things to worry about, and plenty of other alliances for NSO to deal with.
[/quote]
I'd like to see here where NSO threatened GOONS with war.

[quote name='Starpluck' date='29 May 2010 - 09:02 AM' timestamp='1275138109' post='2315491']
[/quote]

Not necessarily. It's just that not many alliances like GOONS other than their allies. You're not unique yet.

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You really are quite deluded aren't you? After your little display in your DoE I am glad the NSO is not in anyway associated with your alliance, nor are any of our allies. In fact, I'd be annoyed if we were in anyway tied to you. As I have stated many times, FP and GOONS is a fitting combination, and quite appropriate.

As for there being more to "the DEFCON clause is a little unnecessary in my opinion," trust me, there is nothing more to it. If you believe that is not the case, then again you are deluded. I have no need for subtlety. Had I been interested in saying more I most certainly would have. Yet from what I can tell it is in your alliance's character to overreact, intentionally, in order to draw attention to itself. I am sure that you will be successful in that regard, and maybe almost too much. One of these days you will find yourself in the eye of the wrong alliance. When that day comes, please, bring GOONS with you.

May this treaty prove to be a disaster for you both.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Starpluck' date='29 May 2010 - 08:59 AM' timestamp='1275137963' post='2315490']
We know who you are RV, you have a certain reputation for this type of stuff, and you're original intentions were not to offer constructive criticism.[/quote]

I know RV reasonably well, and I can assure you that you're 100% wrong about this. You over-reacted to a legitimate criticism that many (including myself) would have made had not RV beaten us to it.

I'd also find it funny that most of alliances are criticizing this protectorate treaty. Had I signed it with another alliance, the bickering will still be there. The only real cause of this, is simple. You weren't chosen.[/quote]

That may be true for some, but I feel obliged to point out that blanket statements like this are rarely accurate or helpful.

EDIT: Neglected to congratulate you on your [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_of_Canada"]remarkably original[/url] flag.

Edited by Ashoka the Great

This announcement can basically be summarized as a bunch of people complaining because GOONS is doing things. Grow up.

That said, Facepunch has a lot of potential and I think GOONS is the perfect advisor for them. I hope to see this flourish.

Edited by Wadsworth