Facepunch Alliance and the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism are now apart of a protectorate treaty

[quote name='Axolotlia' date='28 May 2010 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1275062691' post='2314649']
Just because they have the same problems doesn't mean they should be protected by GOONS. In fact it means that they shouldn't, for the sake that they [i]are[/i] struggling with [i]the same[/i] things. Maybe a better move would be a treaty with them and a different protector.
[/quote]

Let me rephrase what I mean. Goons have experience with a lot of [OOC]offsite recruiting[OOC] something FP is doing right now. While this does create some problems with the newbies sometimes raiding the wrong alliance. It doesn't mean that GOONS do not have experience in dealing with this sort of thing. I hope that makes it more clear.

Edited by silentkiller

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='28 May 2010 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1275057244' post='2314595']
It takes 65 days to join an alliance where you can fill out an app and be added to their roster basically the same day? Really? ;)

I suggest you take a look at some of the alliance seniority numbers for said "applicant" alliance. While membership may be designed to be transitory and such, that's not how it appears to be run currently.
[/quote]

We like to accrue ghosts and deal with them in bunches. ^_^

This thread has everything I love:

A new protectorate we :wub:
:(( GOONS :((
ridiculous amounts of tears
ridiculous rambling from RV
an even more ridiculous conspiracy from ChairmanHal.

Surely this is a good sign for the future relations between GOONS and FP! o/

Edited by Biazt

[quote name='Biazt' date='28 May 2010 - 12:56 PM' timestamp='1275065756' post='2314683']
ridiculous rambling from RV[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]So GOONS is simply disregarding my predictions these days? In the past you used to at least try to make character attacks on me. But who am I to hold you to that? I have in the past recognized that you are not an alliance of idiots, so why would you use something that clearly does not work? Face it, you cannot deny anything I say because even you know it is true. I know you better than you know yourselves, and for that reason everything I say shall be will come to pass.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='28 May 2010 - 06:51 AM' timestamp='1275054666' post='2314564']
[color="#0000FF"]Considering Facepunch has 200 members I don't see why a protectorate treaty was needed, considering they already have enough members to be recognized as an alliance by almost all parties. An MDP or something should have sufficed. That said, I am not at all surprised to see this. Based on GOONS' response to my rather benign comment it was quite clear Facepunch was already firmly in its camp. This is merely a formalization.

That said, the juvenile attitudes often displayed by members of both alliances demonstrates that this treaty is quite appropriate. A match made in heaven even. I am sure that Facepunch will be satisfied in its new role as GOONS' iFOK, doing on red what iFOK has done on purple. Unfortunately I fear NPO is too smart to take any bait thrown at them by Facepunch on GOONS' behest. Deny it all you want, but mark my words world, this will be the future and this is the purpose of this treaty: to give GOONS the reason it needs to intervene when Facepunch suffers the much deserved consequences of whatever actions it will be taking. I can only ponder as to whom is pulling GOONS' strings.

Lastly, the article regarding DEFCON level seems a little unnecessary in my opinion. To each his own.[/color]
[/quote]

Yes, this is [i]exactly[/i] our plan.

Also, as Facepunch is now GOONS's protectorate, I hope you will predict their downfall every bit as vigorously as you do ours. We were considering contacting you to add this as an article in the protectorate, but it seemed a little unnecessary in my opinion.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='28 May 2010 - 01:05 PM' timestamp='1275066331' post='2314686']
[color="#0000FF"]So GOONS is simply disregarding my predictions these days? In the past you used to at least try to make character attacks on me. But who am I to hold you to that? I have in the past recognized that you are not an alliance of idiots, so why would you use something that clearly does not work? Face it, you cannot deny anything I say because even you know it is true. I know you better than you know yourselves, and for that reason everything I say shall be will come to pass.[/color]
[/quote]

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to response to that post you made earlier.

I'll try: "what you said makes no sense and there's zero evidence to support it. Therefore, I'm disregarding it"

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='28 May 2010 - 07:34 AM' timestamp='1275057244' post='2314595']
It takes 65 days to join an alliance where you can fill out an app and be added to their roster basically the same day? Really? ;)

I suggest you take a look at some of the alliance seniority numbers for said "applicant" alliance. While membership may be designed to be transitory and such, that's not how it appears to be run currently.
[/quote]
Hyperbole, thy name is Hal.

FP don't really need a protectorate. If a nation of theirs gets hit, it's going to be a nation in which there are [i]lots[/i] of fellow members well within the same range to hit back.

From those in FP I've spoken to I gather they are a good bunch, I've even signed up to the mother forum, and I wish you all the best. However, I think GOONS might be exploiting you just a tad, particularly with Article V.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='28 May 2010 - 08:05 PM' timestamp='1275066331' post='2314686']
[/quote]

[color="#0000FF"]Rebel Virginia,
The attitude that you display (I can predict Alliance downfalls) are most certainly not welcome. A lot of thought was put into account as well as the history of GOONS, on whether I'll approve this treaty or not. Your pretentious attitude makes me instantly discard your statements. What I do hope is that the NSO is much different from you.

I'd advise you to stay on topic and not cause our topic to be locked like you did last time.

[/color]
I can type in colors too.

Edited by Starpluck

[quote name='Starpluck' date='28 May 2010 - 01:57 PM' timestamp='1275069448' post='2314723']
The attitude that you display (I can predict Alliance downfalls) are most certainly not welcome. A lot of thought were put into account as well as the history of GOONS on whether I'll approve this treaty or not. Your pretentious attitude makes me instantly discard your statements. What I do hope is that the NSO is much different from you.

I'd advise you to stay on topic and not cause our topic to be locked like you did last time.

[/color]
[/quote]

The only thing we know about your alliance is that Syn doesn't like us for whatever reason. Note that I said he doesn't like [i]us[/i] and not specifically Rebel Virginia. Other than that, we barely have an opinion on you. GOONS, however, we do have some opinions on. I can tell you that none of them are pleasant. That being said, I would hardly blame RV for getting your topic locked last time as he made one remark. And I believe that he is on topic; he's making predictions on FP's role in the Cyberverse given this treaty.

That being said, congratulations to you two.

Congrats on this. It's a major undertaking organizing an alliance of FP size, especially one that has so recently arrived en mass. GOONS knows about organizing large numbers of new individuals and introducing them to the ways of planet bob. Seems like a winning combo to me, Listen to the sage advice of your protectorate and you will go far, welcome FP.

If an alliance has experience dealing with a massive influx of new and inexperienced members, it's GOONS. Having dealt with them for the past weeks, I am quite confident that they will successfully help guide and protect Facepunch through their first months of existence.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='28 May 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1275070961' post='2314738']
The only thing we know about your alliance is that Syn doesn't like us for whatever reason. Note that I said he doesn't like [i]us[/i] and not specifically Rebel Virginia. Other than that, we barely have an opinion on you. GOONS, however, we do have some opinions on. I can tell you that none of them are pleasant. That being said, I would hardly blame RV for getting your topic locked last time as he made one remark. And I believe that he is on topic; he's making predictions on FP's role in the Cyberverse given this treaty.

[/quote]
I doubt he does, Rebel Virginia gave the New Sith Order a horrible impression though.

I'm sorry, you doubt him what?

And with your logic, I can say that Syn gives FP a horrible impression. But he doesn't, because he's just one man. Same thing with RV; he's just one man expressing his views.

And once again, NSO doesn't care that people dislike us.

[quote name='Starpluck' date='28 May 2010 - 11:37 AM' timestamp='1275071823' post='2314755']
I doubt he does, Rebel Virginia gave the New Sith Order a horrible impression though.
[/quote]
RV's been everywhere, but he's a breed apart. Don't let his opinion screw up your perception of his alliance. (bear in mind I say this as someone who definitely isn't NSO's biggest fan... the stole the Star Wars thing from us :P )

Edited by rrkilledme

[quote name='mdnss69' date='28 May 2010 - 01:55 PM' timestamp='1275069320' post='2314722']
However, I think GOONS might be exploiting you just a tad, particularly with Article V.
[/quote]
You're going to have to elaborate here. How is article V exploitation?

[quote name='Starpluck' date='28 May 2010 - 12:57 PM' timestamp='1275069448' post='2314723']
The attitude that you display (I can predict Alliance downfalls) are most certainly not welcome. A lot of thought was put into account as well as the history of GOONS, on whether I'll approve this treaty or not. Your pretentious attitude makes me instantly discard your statements. What I do hope is that the NSO is much different from you.

[/color]
[/quote]

[quote name='Jrenster' date='28 May 2010 - 01:22 PM' timestamp='1275070961' post='2314738']

[/quote]
And I'd advise you and others here to not discuss moderation issues here or face the wrath of my warn stick. Consider this a warning to the thread.

Facepunch itself is a great place to be. I don't know your alliance's intentions yet, probably mostly doing with learning about how things work around here. I have nothing against your alliance, RV has a problem with your alliance because he was attacked by one of your members who is in gov and that you're with GOONS. And not only did he attack RV, but he attacked our alliance which he has no clue about. I wish best of luck to your alliance, and wish you would have chosen RIA as your protectorate. Not that I don't like GOONS, but because RIA has much more experience and a better economic structure to help you grow.