Facepunch Alliance and the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism are now apart of a protectorate treaty

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their stats are impressive now, but we'll see how many make it a month. Both Fark Greenlights and all of FOK!'s membership drive saw impressive member spikes but then a massive die off as their rulers showed that they did not have staying power here.

If they stick around, they could be very formidable. But only time will tell.

Congratulations FP. I doubt you're going to have an issue with economic buildup: your alliance's aid screen contain's a who's who of alliances, with most of the big alliances represented. The only issue being that your alliance needs more aid slots utilized, but I'm sure GOONS will help you figure that out. Good luck!

[quote name='flak attack' date='28 May 2010 - 07:46 PM' timestamp='1275072379' post='2314762']
You're going to have to elaborate here. How is article V exploitation?
[/quote]

Because when every FP nations reaches 4k NS they'll be at the 1m NS mark, and it doesn't take much for a small nation to grow that much. They might as well have just signed the MDoAP now.

Edited by mdnss69

As a former member of a forum invasion alliance, I am glad more people are joining the game from off-site, and even more glad that they are now protected by our good friends. If you need any of this economic support that people keep claiming GOONS can't provide (:rolleyes:), I am sure Umbrella and others would be more than glad to help out.

edit: [quote name='mdnss69' date='28 May 2010 - 02:11 PM' timestamp='1275073898' post='2314791']
Because when every FP nations reaches 4k NS they'll be at the 1m NS mark, and it doesn't take much for a small nation to grow that much. They might as well have just signed the MDoAP now.
[/quote]

Still doesn't explain how its exploitation in the slightest. They set a low bar upon which the treaty can be reevaluated and I do not believe anyone is holding a gun to FP's head to do anything here. Talk about mountains out of molehills.

Edited by mrcalkin

blah blah blah [color="#000000"]y[/color][color="#A0522D"]o[/color][color="#556B2F"]u[/color][color="#006400"]r[/color] [color="#483D8B"]a[/color][color="#000080"]l[/color][color="#4B0082"]l[/color][color="#2F4F4F"]i[/color][color="#8B0000"]a[/color][color="#FF8C00"]n[/color][color="#808000"]c[/color][color="#008000"]e[/color] [color="#008080"]i[/color][color="#008080"]s[/color] [color="#0000FF"]d[/color][color="#708090"]o[/color][color="#696969"]o[/color][color="#FF0000"]m[/color][color="#F4A460"]e[/color][color="#9ACD32"]d[/color]

[quote name='mrcalkin' date='28 May 2010 - 03:13 PM' timestamp='1275073969' post='2314792']
As a former member of a forum invasion alliance, I am glad more people are joining the game from off-site, and even more glad that they are now protected by our good friends. If you need any of this economic support that people keep claiming GOONS can't provide (:rolleyes:), I am sure Umbrella and others would be more than glad to help out.
[/quote]
People aren't talking about tech deals, but actual aid to get them off the ground so they can start aiding each other, GOONS can't support FP other than protecting them and doing tech deals, and if you look now GOONS has a couple of tech deals being done with FP. FP needs something that ODN does, sending out like 60M to one nation to make them a bank so they can send out 15M weekly to smaller FP nations and have it paid back to them eventually, but having it paid back is optional.

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='28 May 2010 - 02:17 PM' timestamp='1275074209' post='2314797']
People aren't talking about tech deals, but actual aid to get them off the ground so they can start aiding each other, GOONS can't support FP other than protecting them and doing tech deals, and if you look now GOONS has a couple of tech deals being done with FP. FP needs something that ODN does, sending out like 60M to one nation to make them a bank so they can send out 15M weekly to smaller FP nations and have it paid back to them eventually, but having it paid back is optional.
[/quote]

Maybe I am old-fashioned but I think there are plenty of viable ways to grow a nation via tech deals in an efficient manner. You won't be able to make banks overnight but you need to determine who is responsible and dedicated enough (read: won't disappear) before you do that anyway. Once you have enough money as an alliance (or make a deal with someone who is willing to finance aided back collects), you can build up the members who are sticking around and they in turn can fund the building of new members and eventually begin purchasing tech themselves.

"I for one am sorely disappointed that Facepunch chose some alliance I don't like instead of mine, or my friends. This decision will surely be their downfall"

:rolleyes:

Congratulations :wub: Facepunch :wub:, I look forward to the opportunity to find out just how much fun we can have together.

[quote name='mrcalkin' date='28 May 2010 - 03:29 PM' timestamp='1275074947' post='2314810']
Maybe I am old-fashioned but I think there are plenty of viable ways to grow a nation via tech deals in an efficient manner. You won't be able to make banks overnight but you need to determine who is responsible and dedicated enough (read: won't disappear) before you do that anyway. Once you have enough money as an alliance (or make a deal with someone who is willing to finance aided back collects), you can build up the members who are sticking around and they in turn can fund the building of new members and eventually begin purchasing tech themselves.
[/quote]
How far will the top 10 nations in FP get with another 5 weeks of tech deals? 8k NS? That isn't efficient.

FP got the fastest growth spurt, right? FP will be the slowest alliance strength gainer. Just because they get to 1M NS doesn't mean much considering they are all 6K NS and the fact that I that I think their warchests will be garbage.

What will happen when war comes around and the nations who are at 15K NS with nukes get hit down to 8K NS? Who will be aiding those nations to fight? GOONS won't be able to do it, they would need an outside source for aid. That is why I am saying they need some banks, but if there lucky they might be able to catch a break and get some big nation who joins, who knows?

Edited by The Reccesion

OH NOES. THE GOONS GOT THE NEW ALLIANCE!!!!!!!!

Maybe those that critise should have done that little bit more to charm them in the first place if FP going to Goons for advice and protection is so bad?

Good Luck to both FacePunch and Goons in this new partnership, it is great to see a new influx of players coming to the side of the "web" that encourages having fun on plant BooB.

\M/6

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='28 May 2010 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1275075249' post='2314817']
How far will the top 10 nations in FP get with another 5 weeks of tech deals? 8k NS? That isn't efficient.

FP got the fastest growth spurt, right? FP will be the slowest alliance strength gainer. Just because they get to 1M NS doesn't mean much considering they are all 6K NS and the fact that I that I think their warchests will be garbage.

What will happen when war comes around and the nations who are at 15K NS with nukes get hit down to 8K NS? Who will be aiding those nations to fight? GOONS won't be able to do it, they would need an outside source for aid. That is why I am saying they need some banks, but if there lucky they might be able to catch a break and get some big nation who joins, who knows?
[/quote]What makes you think that their prerogative is to launch headlong into the first alliance war they come across? We're not strategizing from Babby's Big Book of War here. Part of the reason for this agreement is so that Facepunch can benefit from our experience, not just our resources.

In case you haven't noticed, GOONS is actively avoiding wars with major Alliances, and there's no reason to think that Facepunch won't follow the same paradigm if they're acting as our protectorate. That being the case, our first priority is to build up necessary infrastructure rather than loosing the dogs of war.

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='28 May 2010 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1275075249' post='2314817']

[/quote]

No one gains big nations overnight; it requires dedication and an eye for the right kind of diplomacy. When we founded Umbrella back at the very end of December 2007 we were told we would never be able to compete with the big boys, especially since majority of the alliance rerolled after the Unjust War, yet we were able to grow an impressive nuclear arsenal and managed to coordinate aid from the (very few) nations that were already large to the smaller ones who eventually were able to reciprocate once they themselves grew. I think its kind of silly to start worrying about nuclear nations getting beaten down in a hypothetical future war raining hell on the small nations of FP when they are still very much in the development and formation stage as an alliance. Just like GOONS has steadily gained friends and economic support, so can FP.

Of course, we had some help from friends early on but that is exactly what FP can do here. If GOONS think they are good enough to treaty, I don't see why the allies of GOONS would have an issue lending a helping hand.

Edited by mrcalkin

[quote name='Heinlander' date='28 May 2010 - 03:42 PM' timestamp='1275075714' post='2314835']
What makes you think that their prerogative is to launch headlong into the first alliance war they come across? We're not strategizing from Babby's Big Book of War here. Part of the reason for this agreement is so that Facepunch can benefit from our experience, not just our resources.

In case you haven't noticed, GOONS is actively avoiding wars with major Alliances, and there's no reason to think that Facepunch won't follow the same paradigm if they're acting as our protectorate. That being the case, our first priority is to build up necessary infrastructure rather than loosing the dogs of war.
[/quote]
So your avoiding the big wars, but you hit the little weak alliances saying that they are "tech deals"? :rolleyes:

My point being was GOONS can't support FP because they don't have the money to do it, or else GOONS would be sending it to their own nations. GOONS and FP know what they are doing, I don't and I will leave it at that. But tech deals are the best way for growth, but not always the best way to get things done. Tech deal's won't help FP in war, but if they avoid the next war, then they can do as many tech deals as they want for however long they want.

[quote name='mrcalkin' date='28 May 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1275075862' post='2314839']
No one gains big nations overnight; it requires dedication and an eye for the right kind of diplomacy. When we founded Umbrella back at the very end of December 2007 we were told we would never be able to compete with the big boys, especially since majority of the alliance rerolled after the Unjust War, yet we were able to grow an impressive nuclear arsenal and managed to coordinate aid from the (very few) nations that were already large to the smaller ones who eventually were able to reciprocate once they themselves grew. I think its kind of silly to start worrying about nuclear nations getting beaten down in a hypothetical future war raining hell on the small nations of FP when they are still very much in the development and formation stage as an alliance. Just like GOONS has steadily gained friends and economic support, so can FP.

Of course, we had some help from friends early on but that is exactly what FP can do here. If GOONS think they are good enough to treaty, I don't see why the allies of GOONS would have an issue lending a helping hand.
[/quote]

That is not what I was trying to get at. I was looking into the future, I wouldn't be surprised if GOONS and NSO were on the opposite side of the war and NSO took the chance to hit FP because they wouldn't have huge warchests and they wouldn't be able to support others, let alone themselves. But I'm just looking into the future.

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='28 May 2010 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1275076035' post='2314844']
So your avoiding the big wars, but you hit the little weak alliances saying that they are "tech deals"? :rolleyes:

My point being was GOONS can't support FP because they don't have the money to do it, or else GOONS would be sending it to their own nations. GOONS and FP know what they are doing, I don't and I will leave it at that. But tech deals are the best way for growth, but not always the best way to get things done. Tech deal's won't help FP in war, but if they avoid the next war, then they can do as many tech deals as they want for however long they want.
[/quote]

GOONS didn't have enough banks to support itself last war. This didn't cause us any problems. Go figure. B-)

As it turns out, when the most common option is unavailable, people tend to make their own solutions.

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='28 May 2010 - 02:49 PM' timestamp='1275076169' post='2314846']
That is not what I was trying to get at. I was looking into the future, I wouldn't be surprised if GOONS and NSO were on the opposite side of the war and NSO took the chance to hit FP because they wouldn't have huge warchests and they wouldn't be able to support others, let alone themselves. But I'm just looking into the future.
[/quote]

I assume if war erupted between NSO and GOONS any time soon there are going to be plenty of other things to worry about, and plenty of other alliances for NSO to deal with.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='28 May 2010 - 03:51 PM' timestamp='1275076290' post='2314849']
GOONS didn't have enough banks to support itself last war. This didn't cause us any problems. Go figure. B-)

As it turns out, when the most common option is unavailable, people tend to make their own solutions.
[/quote]
GOONS knew exactly what to do, FP might not and plus the odds last war were heavily in your favor, now this next war, I wouldn't be so sure. ;)

[quote name='mrcalkin' date='28 May 2010 - 03:52 PM' timestamp='1275076305' post='2314850']
I assume if war erupted between NSO and GOONS any time soon there are going to be plenty of other things to worry about, and plenty of other alliances for NSO to deal with.
[/quote]
They have there friends to but that isn't what I'm talking about. I'm saying when everyone has their hands-full and everyone is at war (NPO is back :smug:) people will be worrying about their own alliances, not their friends friend. People say they will, but when they have to pick between their nations or others that they aren't directly allied to, you can pick that answer for yourself. FP will be hit by NSO, and they wouldn't be able to protect themselves and then some of them will get annoyed because they all don't know both sides of the game. It will happen most likely when they see their nation destroyed. But hey, anything can happen, I'm just saying that is what will happen for the most part at this rate of only tech deals.

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='28 May 2010 - 02:58 PM' timestamp='1275076668' post='2314856']
GOONS knew exactly what to do, FP might not and plus the odds last war were heavily in your favor, now this next war, I wouldn't be so sure. ;)
[/quote]

Blah blah blah we couldn't have possibly been beaten and lost even though we outnumbered the GOOOOOOONS in their engagements blah blah :(( GOONS :(( my e-pride!

Also, I'm pretty sure that's what we're here for. To teach FP what to do.

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='28 May 2010 - 02:58 PM' timestamp='1275076668' post='2314856']
FP will be hit by NSO, and they wouldn't be able to protect themselves and then some of them will get annoyed because they all don't know both sides of the game. It will happen most likely when they see their nation destroyed. But hey, anything can happen, I'm just saying that is what will happen for the most part at this rate of only tech deals.[/quote]

Well, now that you've officially predicted that Facepunch is doomed, this means their success rate has shot up to 100%. At least, judging from prior "You're doomed" predictions made on this board.

ps you're all destined to fail because you're not real people and you're [s]black[/s](Red? Rainbow? Pick a color!) and you're from outside and you're threatening our comfy power structure

Edited by Alonois

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='28 May 2010 - 03:58 PM' timestamp='1275076668' post='2314856']
GOONS knew exactly what to do, FP might not
[/quote]
Which is the whole point of the protectorate.

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='28 May 2010 - 03:58 PM' timestamp='1275076668' post='2314856']
plus the odds last war were heavily in your favor, now this next war, I wouldn't be so sure. ;)

They have there friends to but that isn't what I'm talking about. I'm saying when everyone has their hands-full and everyone is at war (NPO is back :smug:) people will be worrying about their own alliances, not their friends friend. People say they will, but when they have to pick between their nations or others that they aren't directly allied to, you can pick that answer for yourself. FP will be hit by NSO, and they wouldn't be able to protect themselves and then some of them will get annoyed because they all don't know both sides of the game. It will happen most likely when they see their nation destroyed. But hey, anything can happen, I'm just saying that is what will happen for the most part at this rate of only tech deals.
[/quote]
NPO being out terms isn't going to be the world shattering event you think it is. Their nations would be decimated by a decent fighting alliance. They are all infra. Give it two weeks and they would all be in GOONS range.

Mr The Reccesion,

I am sure you cannot wait to test FP. This is becuase for that to occure you would have a massive advantage. Cowardice can be disgised but not hidden.

Am I seeing here FP being sized up as a tech farm...?

Pick on someone your own size little man.

\M/6

[quote name='M6 Redneck' date='28 May 2010 - 04:42 PM' timestamp='1275079315' post='2314884']
Mr The Reccesion,

I am sure you cannot wait to test FP. This is becuase for that to occure you would have a massive advantage. Cowardice can be disgised but not hidden.

Am I seeing here FP being sized up as a tech farm...?

Pick on someone your own size little man.

\M/6
[/quote]
Lol, ones a coward to know a coward.

But on a [b]real[/b] note, I have nothing against FP but the fact that GOONS can't really help them during war and that will not be good for FP. But I am not FP, so that was their decision and when war comes around we will see how that decision turned out for them.

Err spell check fails.

Edited by The Reccesion