Epic Recruiting Contest

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Valashi' date='12 May 2010 - 06:02 PM' timestamp='1273705349' post='2296305']
I was under the assumption he wasn't recruiting currently and was taking a break?
[/quote]
Your assumption is right, old friend. :)

Besides, UPN seems to be doing alright without my help.

o/ UPN!

[center][img]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5672/contestmo.png[/img][/center]

[size="4"][b]Current Standings: Day 6, May 12th
[/b][/size]
[b][color="#663300"]Global Alliance And Treaty Organization[/color][/b]: 25 [color="#00FF00"](+5)[/color]
[color="#800080"][b]United Purple Nations[/b][/color]:20 [color="#00FF00"](+4)[/color]
[color="#ff8c00"][b]Orange Defense Network[/b][/color]: 19 [color="#00FF00"](+3)[/color]
[color="#0000ff"][b]New Polar Order[/b][/color]: 18 [color="#00FF00"](+5)[/color]
[color="black"][b]Sparta[/b][/color]:7 [color="#00FF00"](+?)[/color]
[color="orange"][b]The International[/b][/color]: 1 [color="#00FF00"](+0)[/color]

[size="4"][b]Commentary:[/b][/size]

Today GATO and NpO tied for largest gain of the day. GATO padded their sizable lead still more, pulling just a little further ahead of UPN. In turn, UPN broke out of their tie with ODN pulling one recruit ahead, while NpO closed the gab and is just one out of third place. In fact, today saw a general tightening of the race in the 2-4 ranks! However, if any of these contenders wish to challenge GATO for first place, they have some work ahead of them.

[quote name='fluffyewunga' date='12 May 2010 - 03:30 PM' timestamp='1273703409' post='2296275']
Recruitment is the life blood of most alliances in CN. If alliances don;t recruit they slowly die from lack of innertia.
[/quote]
No, plenty of alliances are doing great and growing without having traditionally recruited a single member. In your case it could be argued that having such an old alliance with such an extremely low ANS is a sign of no momentum at all.

Edited by Smacky

Awesome work everybody!
I look forward to watching the epic race you're all going to have for silver :smug:

Edited by Kubla Khan

[quote name='elborrador' date='13 May 2010 - 06:01 PM' timestamp='1273726865' post='2296747']
Your attempts to curse our recruiting program has failed odn! We are back on the ball

:smug:
[/quote]
Not accept. Our plan to set up Polaris will succeed.

[quote name='MerlinSucks' date='12 May 2010 - 11:21 PM' timestamp='1273699270' post='2296229']
Still rooting for the commies. Surely they have the best propaganda!
[/quote]

[img]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6576/mandmredpropagandaposte.jpg[/img]

Oh wait, we're orange :unsure:

GO GATO!!!

Way to show 'em who's boss! They should know better than to challenge such an unstoppable force. :P

[center][img]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5672/contestmo.png[/img][/center]

[size="4"][b]Current Standings: Day 7, May 13th
[/b][/size]
[b][color="#663300"]Global Alliance And Treaty Organization[/color][/b]: 30 [color="#00FF00"](+5)[/color]
[color="#ff8c00"][b]Orange Defense Network[/b][/color]: 26 [color="#00FF00"](+7)[/color]
[color="#800080"][b]United Purple Nations[/b][/color]:24 [color="#00FF00"](+4)[/color]
[color="#0000ff"][b]New Polar Order[/b][/color]: 18 [color="#00FF00"](+?)[/color]
[color="black"][b]Sparta[/b][/color]:7 [color="#00FF00"](+?)[/color]
[color="orange"][b]The International[/b][/color]: 1 [color="#00FF00"](+0)[/color]

ODN had the best improvement of the day with an impressive gain of seven members. This gain was enough to allow them to jump UPN and reclaim second place. However, GATO continues to put up solid numbers day in and day out, and their gain of 5 new recruits was more than enough to assure that they maintained their hold on first place. In the case of NpO and Sparta, we will have to wait until tomorrow to see how they did, and as such they may very well have a surprise in store for us.

[quote name='King Puffington' date='14 May 2010 - 12:23 PM' timestamp='1273854195' post='2297856']
This is tighter than I thought it would be. :P
[/quote]
my thoughts exactly. one bad day by anyone can drop them down several places (as Polaris found out already <.< )

its pretty much anyones race right now though and it'll be interesting to watch things play out the rest of the contest.

[quote name='itseZe' date='14 May 2010 - 10:57 AM' timestamp='1273856204' post='2297871']
At least we're now putting up better numbers than on the first day ;)
[/quote]

I'm awaiting a recruitment surge from The International.

[quote name='Scorbolt' date='14 May 2010 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1273856554' post='2297874']
I'm awaiting a recruitment surge from The International.
[/quote]

The recruiting contest? Oh dear god, the recruiting contest!

Edited by MTTezla

[quote name='King Puffington' date='14 May 2010 - 12:23 PM' timestamp='1273854195' post='2297856']
This is tighter than I thought it would be. :P
[/quote]

That's what she sa.. ah screw it, not going there this time.

I'm pulling for the underdogs - The International - at this point. You top three (well, four really) are doing well for yourselves. ^_^

[size="4"][b]Current Standings: Day 8, May 14th
[/b][/size]
[b][color="#663300"]Global Alliance And Treaty Organization[/color][/b]: 34 [color="#00FF00"](+4)[/color]
[color="#ff8c00"][b]Orange Defense Network[/b][/color]: 33 [color="#00FF00"](+7)[/color]
[color="#800080"][b]United Purple Nations[/b][/color]:29 [color="#00FF00"](+5)[/color]
[color="#0000ff"][b]New Polar Order[/b][/color]: 24 [color="#00FF00"](+2)[/color]
[color="black"][b]Sparta[/b][/color]:9 [color="#00FF00"](+1)[/color]

Today (assuming my math is right) marks the 1/3 point of this contest! Yet, despite the contest being 1/3 over it is anyones to win, with the top four alliances all within 10 recruits of first place. Today saw ODN capture the best daily turn out once again, as the Network continues to shave away GATO's hold on first place. UPN had a solid gain of five new recruits, and also managed to close in slightly on GATO despite the very respectable four new GATO recruits. While no alliances switched positions today, the groundwork was set for a potentially exciting weekened. Will GATO hold on to first place? Can UPN recapture the lead? Will ODN surge to first place for the first time this contest? And that is not to mention a potential NpO resurgence (only 4 recruits out of third place) or the other contestants turning things around.