Epic Recruiting Contest

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='magicninja' date='24 May 2010 - 01:19 AM' timestamp='1274660353' post='2309665']
Anyone's game as the last few days have shown. GATO has gotten complacent in it's :smug: Maybe this'll learn them grunts in the spam mines not to put down the keyboard.
[/quote]

Only if that ninja guy was still around. Then, we would win :P

[center][img]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5672/contestmo.png[/img][/center]

[size="4"][b]Current Standings: Day 17, May 23rd
[/b][/size]
[color="#800080"][b]United Purple Nations[/b][/color]:82 [color="#00FF00"](+10)[/color]
[b][color="#663300"]Global Alliance And Treaty Organization[/color][/b]: 74 [color="#00FF00"](+4)[/color]
[color="#ff8c00"][b]Orange Defense Network[/b][/color]: 70 [color="#00FF00"](+2)[/color]
[color="#0000ff"][b]New Polar Order[/b][/color]: 49 [color="#00FF00"](+10)[/color]
[color="black"][b]Sparta[/b][/color]:30 [color="#00FF00"](+4)[/color]
[color="orange"][b]The International[/b][/color]: 1 [color="#00FF00"](+?)[/color]

[size="4"][b]Commentary:[/b][/size]

Apparently Abdur of UPN decided he was going to help organize UPN's efforts... and the results were...uhh... impressive. UPN had the single best recruiting day of this entire contest with 10 new recruits. Enough to widen their lead on GATO to 8 recruits and on ODN by 12. NpO also had an impressive jump (though that was over several days so no record) and is still in the hunt to at least unseat ODN and maybe more. But, that said, there is no denying that the story of the day is UPN's dark horse rise from third place to first, and their total domination of the contest the last couple of days. ODN and GATO had best shift into high gear if they still want to win this!

[quote name='abdur' date='23 May 2010 - 09:47 PM' timestamp='1274669237' post='2309800']
/me is awaiting the GATO smug :P

Anyways, GREAT job to the UPN recruiters :D

Looks like the new thing worked ;)
[/quote]

Abdur! :wub: Your new thing totally worked!

[quote name='abdur' date='23 May 2010 - 08:47 PM' timestamp='1274669237' post='2309800']
/me is awaiting the GATO smug :P

Anyways, GREAT job to the UPN recruiters :D

Looks like the new thing worked ;)
[/quote]
Abdur's efforts are paying off indeed.

Keep it up, Purple Neighbours! :awesome: recruiting is :awesome: !

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='23 May 2010 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1274680454' post='2309987']
It is weird to think that they recruited more members than Asgaard has nations, but the quality likely leaves much to be desired.
[/quote]
I can't speak for their recruiting tactics, but I can however speak for the quality of Asgaard!

This race has been very nice for us, as we've gotten many solid recruits from the numbers so far. No matter the outcome, that's already a win in our books.

Abdur, is the new thing how all our recruiters sit around all day doing nothing? In fact I believe we've banned all our members from being on CN for more than 3 minutes a day. That's our new thing, right?

Well done Abdur! You truly are an Indian/Canadian among men.

[quote name='Lukcia' date='24 May 2010 - 03:57 AM' timestamp='1274687804' post='2310048']
Abdur, is the new thing how all our recruiters sit around all day doing nothing? In fact I believe we've banned all our members from being on CN for more than 3 minutes a day. That's our new thing, right?

Well done Abdur! You truly are an Indian/Canadian among men.
[/quote]
Everyone needs a break once in a while!

Also, I hail from the nation of LEADER, I am not from the nations of India or Canada. ;)

Looks like yesterday was an epic day for us. I'll not have much time for recruiting when it's school, so I hope abdur will take care of it. Lukcia, stop trolling around, and recruit! :D

[quote name='ForeignOwnage' date='23 May 2010 - 09:23 AM' timestamp='1274624616' post='2309050']
Good Luck Ragwing! :wub:
[/quote]
Thank you FO! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

[quote name='abdur' date='24 May 2010 - 09:35 AM' timestamp='1274690131' post='2310057']
Everyone needs a break once in a while!

Also, I hail from the nation of LEADER, I am not from the nations of India or Canada. ;)
[/quote]
LEADERian?

[quote name='Ragwing' date='24 May 2010 - 09:41 AM' timestamp='1274690454' post='2310058']
Looks like yesterday was an epic day for us. I'll not have much time for recruiting when it's school, so I hope abdur will take care of it. Lukcia, stop trolling around, and recruit! :D[/quote]
My excuse for not recruiting is that I have exams to revise for. It's an endless cycle. I have exams so I cut off my social life but I get bored and so go on CN but then I don't revise etc...

I'm sure you can do my recruiting for me, right? ;)

[quote name='Lukcia' date='24 May 2010 - 05:33 AM' timestamp='1274693569' post='2310074']
LEADERian?

My excuse for not recruiting is that I have exams to revise for. It's an endless cycle. I have exams so I cut off my social life but I get bored and so go on CN but then I don't revise etc...

I'm sure you can do my recruiting for me, right? ;)
[/quote]
More like: Leader. :P

and Ragwing does all our recruiting for us!

[center][img]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5672/contestmo.png[/img][/center]

[size="4"][b]Current Standings: Day 18, May 24rd
[/b][/size]
[color="#800080"][b]United Purple Nations[/b][/color]:89 [color="#00FF00"](+7)[/color]
[b][color="#663300"]Global Alliance And Treaty Organization[/color][/b]: 83 [color="#00FF00"](+9)[/color]
[color="#ff8c00"][b]Orange Defense Network[/b][/color]: 71 [color="#00FF00"](+1)[/color]
[color="#0000ff"][b]New Polar Order[/b][/color]: 51 [color="#00FF00"](+2)[/color]
[color="black"][b]Sparta[/b][/color]:30 [color="#00FF00"](+0)[/color]
[color="orange"][b]The International[/b][/color]: 1 [color="#00FF00"](+?)[/color]

[size="4"][b]Commentary:[/b][/size]

An interesting day. Apparently UPN's amazing success the last two days has mobilized GATO into action. Yesterday UPN had 10 recruits, today GATO surges forward and nearly matches that with nine. However, despite the amazing day by GATO, UPN has *nearly* as amazing a day with 7 recruits. The result, is that GATO cuts UPN's lead down by two, but still trails overall. In other news, ODN continues their recent struggles. In a matter of days they have gone from tied for first place to a distant third. If they wish to win this, they will have to start matching the GATO and UPN numbers. Meanwhile, NpO is slowly inching their way closer to third place, and a strong closing run for them could still see them capturing it. However, as of right now, the big story is the UPN/GATO recruiting dog fight.

[quote name='Banksy' date='25 May 2010 - 05:23 AM' timestamp='1274761367' post='2310985']
I think it's time to sit back and watch for the ODN :D
[/quote]
NpO will overtake you then, you'll be in 4th place, Sparta will sense blood and take you down to 5th and then The International... actually, you'll stay in 5th. =P

[quote name='Lukcia' date='25 May 2010 - 03:47 PM' timestamp='1274798810' post='2311282']
NpO will overtake you then, you'll be in 4th place, Sparta will sense blood and take you down to 5th and then The International... actually, you'll stay in 5th. =P
[/quote]

I will be laughing when Os actually gets in touch with The International and they have beat us all. Actually, I won't laugh I'll probably cry.

Also look out UPN. We are coming for you. :cues jaws music: