Caliph

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink:

Is that hell I just saw freeze over?

Two thoughts:

1. What did you do that was stupid and bad enough that you're actually banning tech raiding? You had to have done something really stupid to someone really big.

2. Did we suddenly travel back in time and it's April 1 again?

[quote name='D34th' date='18 April 2010 - 11:05 PM' timestamp='1271646305' post='2265743']
Regarding the decision? No, this is good no matter what.

Regarding those who made this decision? Yes, there is a difference between choosing to do something right because you know that's right and do something right just because you fear or want to gain something because of that.
[/quote]

Perhaps, just perhaps, this has been talked about for a very long while quietly among \m/ leadership and they felt that now was the time to go in a different direction?

Credit where credit is due and watch and see where this goes. Just saying.

[quote name='Duncan King' date='18 April 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1271647124' post='2265765']
:blink:

Is that hell I just saw freeze over?

Two thoughts:

1. What did you do that was stupid and bad enough that you're actually banning tech raiding? You had to have done something really stupid to someone really big.

2. Did we suddenly travel back in time and it's April 1 again?
[/quote]

We haven't had any foul ups recently. And believe me, if we had the world would have known by now. It seems we're kept under a more watchful eye than previously believed. It's good to know we're so lovable. :wub:

And no, we have not. This is a legitimate change in policy.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='19 April 2010 - 01:21 AM' timestamp='1271647247' post='2265768']
Perhaps, just perhaps, this has been talked about for a very long while quietly among \m/ leadership and they felt that now was the time to go in a different direction?

Credit where credit is due and watch and see where this goes. Just saying.
[/quote]

I don't like this "perhaps" word, I prefer "facts" one, so, until then, my doubt remains.

[quote name='D34th' date='18 April 2010 - 11:25 PM' timestamp='1271647534' post='2265772']
I don't like this "perhaps" word, I prefer "facts" one, so, until then, my doubt remains.
[/quote]

And considering our history your doubts are understandable. I assure you however, that this action is by our own doing without the influence of any outside forces.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='18 April 2010 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1271647852' post='2265780']
And considering our history your doubts are understandable. I assure you however, that this action is by our own doing without the influence of any outside forces.
[/quote]

It would make sense to me that if \m/ felt that tech raiding was not in their best interest that they stop tech raiding that they would do it on their own term's and not Grub's

Or maybe its because... see sig :awesome:

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='19 April 2010 - 05:45 AM' timestamp='1271648714' post='2265801']
Why does everyone have to question \m/ on their motives? No one questions treaty signings or other decision that don't effect them.
[/quote]
Because they fought a war in defense of those rights?

I dunno, seem obvious to me.

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='18 April 2010 - 11:45 PM' timestamp='1271648714' post='2265801']
Why does everyone have to question \m/ on their motives? No one questions treaty signings or other decision that don't effect them.
[/quote]
[color="#FFFF00"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Probably because there are some, when they see \m/, they think of tech raiding thugs but they don't see the nice and furry cuddly side of \m/. :gag: [/font][/color]

[quote name='Boogeyman657' date='18 April 2010 - 10:47 PM' timestamp='1271648831' post='2265804']
Probably because there are some, when they see \m/, they think of tech raiding thugs but they don't see the nice and furry cuddly side of \m/. :gag:
[/quote]
\m/ are a bunch of furries? Good to know.

[quote name='Nintenderek' date='18 April 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1271646161' post='2265739']
I'm sure the reason for this will come out soon enough. Anyone who's been here on Planet Bob for long enough knows that it always does.
[/quote]

I wish they would just put the reason in the OP. Cause this is just like, "ok, what? whatever."

[quote name='DogeWilliam' date='18 April 2010 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1271649088' post='2265810']
I wish they would just put the reason in the OP. Cause this is just like, "ok, what? whatever."
[/quote]

Why do we need to provide you with a reason for anything we do?

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='18 April 2010 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1271648714' post='2265801']
[/quote]

People usually question actions when they are out of character, and \m/ not tech raiding is certainly out of character.

[quote name='DogeWilliam' date='19 April 2010 - 09:21 AM' timestamp='1271649088' post='2265810']
[/quote]

Hey come now, learn to accept the little mercies that the almighty admin throws our way. I thought you wanted an end to tech raiding, surely this is something you can get behind. Even if the blinging ones did not do this to make you happy.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='18 April 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1271649170' post='2265813']
Why do we need to provide you with a reason for anything we do?
[/quote]

You don't. People are generally nosy and tend to think that you should govern your alliance to their standards.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='18 April 2010 - 11:49 PM' timestamp='1271648955' post='2265805']
\m/ are a bunch of furries? Good to know.
[/quote]
[color="#FFFF00"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Yeah, sure, why not?

:facepalm: [/font][/color]

[quote name='Lennox' date='18 April 2010 - 11:55 PM' timestamp='1271649292' post='2265817']
You don't. People are generally nosy and tend to think that you should govern your alliance to their standards.
[/quote]

Oh I know. It was a rhetorical question.