\m/ Announcement

Caliph

Oh Dera, whilst I fully understand that Jac Salad lacks the minerals to fight his own battles, (seeing as he is bit of a coward, [the most cowardly bit]), and understand as one of his disciples you may wish to step forward and defend him; I do not understand how you try and defend him?

I present evidence, you ignore it. It does not create a coherrent line of reasoning and simply makes you appear foolish. I would have hoped someone of your pedigree would have long since surpassed the "No U" arguement. I guess that stupidity is indeed infinate.

May I be bold and suggest next time you consider and critic my evidence and even bring some evidence of your own to support your arguements?

\M/6

PS now I know the deatial, I fully support this policy and the leaders of my alliance.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='M6 Redneck' date='22 April 2010 - 05:44 PM' timestamp='1271969028' post='2271044']
Oh Dera, whilst I fully understand that Jac Salad lacks the minerals to fight his own battles, (seeing as he is bit of a coward, [the most cowardly bit]), and understand as one of his disciples you may wish to step forward and defend him; I do not understand how you try and defend him?

I present evidence, you ignore it. It does not create a coherrent line of reasoning and simply makes you appear foolish. I would have hoped someone of your pedigree would have long since surpassed the "No U" arguement. I guess that stupidity is indeed infinate.

May I be bold and suggest next time you consider and critic my evidence and even bring some evidence of your own to support your arguements?

\M/6

PS now I know the deatial, I fully support this policy and the leaders of my alliance.
[/quote]

I'm not sure if you don't read well or what but as I explained my issue was with your post in this topic as you tried to smear your own alliance. It wasn't related to anything that happened prior so I'm not sure where that came from, let alone me being a disciple of Jacapo. :lol1:

Regardless, good luck to \m/ once again.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='22 April 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1271970128' post='2271067']
M6 has every right to express his displeasure with the government's policies. Free speech is a principle we hold even higher than tech raiding.
[/quote]

o/ free speech !

And an FYI for everyone watching our war screens, we got hit by a rogue the other day and have decided he needs to be taught a lesson. We aren't raiding anyone, but defending ourselves from a rogue.

Our tech raiding suspension is still in affect.

[quote name='Gerald Meane' date='20 April 2010 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1271812696' post='2268508']
In terms of profit it was amazingly successful in what I was trying to gain, and to be honest were I still in range of you by the end of my war I'd have done round 2.
[/quote]
If you just wanted to cause mutual damage to each other then I guess you did get what you were trying to gain, but overall you lost money, tech, and infra from your "tech raid".

Edit: Was it even a tech raid like you claimed and what were you trying to gain? I was only fighting Gremlins at the time. If you were trying to distract me from focusing on my fight with Gremlins, you managed that as well somewhat. Either way I doubt this policy will last and means very little judging from what I've heard.

Edited by Methrage

I read this topic just to see how far off the speculation was from the actual reason and boy did it deliver.

tbh, I dunno why you guys aren't being public with the reason since it's not really that big of a deal, but whatever. It's your call.

[quote name='Caliph' date='24 April 2010 - 04:01 PM' timestamp='1272088852' post='2272833']
And an FYI for everyone watching our war screens, we got hit by a rogue the other day and have decided he needs to be taught a lesson. We aren't raiding anyone, but defending ourselves from a rogue.

Our tech raiding suspension is still in affect.
[/quote]

So when the suspension is lifted will you be announcing that here too?

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' date='20 April 2010 - 05:03 PM' timestamp='1271797403' post='2268108']
Pretty sure he is in the majority there.

That was my first guess too.

However it doesnt add up. If that were the plan it would be stupid to publicly announce it.

More likely it represents a fatally flawed attempt at PR.
[/quote]
Flawed attempt at PR is what I think seems likely, once they lift the suspension they lose any PR they might get from it and the way they've went about it hasn't really gained them much if any.

[quote name='flak attack' date='24 April 2010 - 02:36 AM' timestamp='1272090993' post='2272845']
I read this topic just to see how far off the speculation was from the actual reason and boy did it deliver.

tbh, I dunno why you guys aren't being public with the reason since it's not really that big of a deal, but whatever. It's your call.
[/quote]
Probably because reading uninformed OWF speculation is hilarious beyond comprehension.

I can kinda get that. :)

Dont know if im way off the mark, but the first thing that popped into my mind was that maybe \m/ would rather tech deal with some alliances, and those alliances may not tech deal with people who raid??? I would personally choose tech deals over tech raiding myself if it came down to it :D.

Could be miles off, but just saying ya know :D

[quote name='Haflinger' date='24 April 2010 - 07:08 AM' timestamp='1272107286' post='2272917']
Probably because reading uninformed OWF speculation is hilarious beyond comprehension.

I can kinda get that. :)
[/quote]
tbh, that sounds like the kind of thing \m/ would do.

[quote name='Methrage' date='24 April 2010 - 03:07 AM' timestamp='1272092841' post='2272865']
Flawed attempt at PR is what I think seems likely, once they lift the suspension they lose any PR they might get from it and the way they've went about it hasn't really gained them much if any.
[/quote]
Really? Tell us more, Mr. Science!

[quote name='StevieG' date='24 April 2010 - 07:31 AM' timestamp='1272108688' post='2272920']
Dont know if im way off the mark, but the first thing that popped into my mind was that maybe \m/ would rather tech deal with some alliances, and those alliances may not tech deal with people who raid??? I would personally choose tech deals over tech raiding myself if it came down to it :D.

Could be miles off, but just saying ya know :D
[/quote]

We have more than enough buyers and sellers who tech raid themselves. Between internal deals and deals with our allies, we more than enough customers. Good guess, though.

[quote name='Nintenderek' date='24 April 2010 - 02:30 PM' timestamp='1272133839' post='2273190']
Wow. 10 pages and the reason still isn't known to the world yet? I'm impressed Planet Bob.
[/quote]
We thought you had earned an opportunity to be the coolest kid in school for knowing why \m/ made a minor policy change. You should enjoy it.

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' date='23 April 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1272091983' post='2272860']
So when the suspension is lifted will you be announcing that here too?
[/quote]
If/when the suspension is lifted it will be announced on the OWF.

[quote name='Methrage']Flawed attempt at PR is what I think seems likely, once they lift the suspension they lose any PR they might get from it and the way they've went about it hasn't really gained them much if any.[/quote]
Wait, you're saying if/when we lift the suspension we will lose all the PR we gained from doing this, but you also say we haven't gained any PR from doing this ...so how can we lose something we never had?

Perhaps you should take some Logic classes, as your post directly contradicts itself.

[quote name='Caliph' date='24 April 2010 - 04:04 PM' timestamp='1272139453' post='2273285']
If/when the suspension is lifted it will be announced on the OWF.

Wait, you're saying if/when we lift the suspension we will lose all the PR we gained from doing this, but you also say we haven't gained any PR from doing this ...so how can we lose something we never had?

Perhaps you should take some Logic classes, as your post directly contradicts itself.
[/quote]
I said you probably haven't gained much since you guys are making this sound very temporary anyways, if this reflected a more permanent change in policy I think it would matter more.

Probably, and you would have a point if we had any intention of trying to portray this as anything more than temporary, or even designed specifically as a PR move. As it stands this policy directly influences several internal programs and directives. But, nevertheless thank you for your kind consideration and concern in regard to our PR efforts.

Edited by Atanatar

[quote name='Atanatar' date='24 April 2010 - 04:42 PM' timestamp='1272141726' post='2273328']
Probably, and you would have a point if we had any intention of trying to portray this as anything more than temporary, or even designed specifically as a PR move. As it stands this policy directly influences several internal programs and directives. But, nevertheless thank you for your kind consideration and concern in regard to our PR efforts.
[/quote]
Internal changes would of been my next guess, although making an announcement about it is kind of pointless. I guess anyone wondering what this is about have their answer now.