Post-War Ratings

bigwoody

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='18 April 2010 - 10:59 PM' timestamp='1271645958' post='2265735']
I know. It's just amusing to see most people change their tune very very quickly.

I'm down. I had a blast fighting you. I'm sure it's even better getting to coordinate with you.
[/quote]
You were a really fun opponent to fight with and to banter with, even though I had a string of bad luck and I was completely out of dongs. I, too, would like to fight someone (else) on the same side sometime.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've fought...1 member of =LOST=, 1 GR, 1 Buccaneer, 3 ODNers, 5 MHAians, 1 Nemesis, 2 Fark members, 2 Monos Archiens, 2 Athenians, 3 members of LoSS, 4 Gremlins, and 15 Spartans. Then mpol777.
41 Nations so far.

Let's see...rankings out of 10.

=LOST= was a decent fight, he didn't win much though. 6

The GR guy I gave peace to since he was in bill lock 2 days into the war.. 3

The Buccaneer surrendered in 13 minutes. No really, he did. :| 0
(I hope he was a ghost)

ODN had one good nation, King Puffington. He was at the top of my NS when I declared, and we exchanged a few decent shots with each other. The other two declared on me thinking I would be an easy target...they were nice free money. 4

MHA had the nicest fighters, but not the best. One guy I couldn't touch, but I was fighting 6 people at a time and he has over 5 times my infra. So.. I nuked him and that was it. 4

The Nemesis guy was great. He only declared on me to keep me in a stagger (and he had gosh darn high tech), and he was a fun opponent. Didn't do much other then lob nukes and CMs though. 7

The Farkers tried to bandwagon in when I had 400 infra and paid dearly for it. They still won far more attacks then I did though, and they fought and co-ordinated well. 7

1 MA guy surrendered, the other was inactive. Booooooring. 2

2 Athenians didn't bother fighting back at all and took a defeat alert every day. 2

3 members of LoSS. These guys were great opponents, very fun. Triple update blitzes. :mad: 9

4 Gremlins....failed. 1 nuke between the 4 of them so far. It's been a week and a half, almost. (To top it off, the one who nuked me surrendered to me AFTER the war had expired :smug: ) 1

15 Spartans were a mixed bag. I counted 2 that fought well, but most of them were fun to chat with. 4

mpol took a defeat alert every day. He also sent a nuke every day. I'm sure FAN can do better then that, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. 6

I fought Polar nations. Stronger than I expected. A lot of them didn't really coordinate, it seems, which impacted their performance somewhat.

VE had a mixed performance, as far as I can tell. In my particular front, pretty damn good, almost all of my firemates were exceptional. There were a few people who weren't prepared, though...

5 NpO, 2 Valhalla, 2 BAPS, 7 Invicta, none of them impressed me. The 3 NpO guys who declared on me were all at the top of my range and did good damage because of it, but there was no coordination at all. Of the 7 Invicta nations I attacked 4 deleted. :smug:

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='18 April 2010 - 10:59 PM' timestamp='1271645958' post='2265735']
I'm down. I had a blast fighting you. I'm sure it's even better getting to coordinate with you.
[/quote]

You're seriously tempting me, you know...

As far as this war goes, I performed at my usual level :smug:

(And for those who know, negativeman would be a far more suitable smiley for both the connotation and the position >.>)

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='19 April 2010 - 01:19 AM' timestamp='1271654325' post='2265942']
Do it. I bet you won't do it.
[/quote]

I'd be more inclined to believe your alliance, being democratic and all, would probably be the holdup :v:

I fought 1 NADC, 3 IRON and 1 GGA from memory.

NADC, nothing huge but not bad either.
IRON, well they were just horrible to be honest. I might of got inactive ones though.
GGA, well for someone with less tech and infra then me and no nukes. He was by far the biggest pain in the $@! for me, somehow always winning his ground battle against me :ph34r:

To break the mold I will rate the war itself rather than any particular alliance in it.

Rating: 3/10.

Pros:
Its over
I got 515,116 Casualties.

Cons:
It lasted 10 times longer than it should of.
Nothing of note was gained. The reps only cover a small fraction of the damage done for the alliances that got them.
Treaties became toilet paper early on resulting in an overall decrease in trust all round.
Casualties do nothing except grant access to one wonder.

General Notes:
If you have seen one war you have seen them all.

Boring repetitive button pushing with little to no real gain for the average grunt.

I suppose it might be interesting if you are one of the top 1% of 1% of people who actually control an alliance or are in government.

But for the average grunt in the trenches it is not particularly interesting, OPSEC means that they have no idea how long the war will last or even know what happens in the private channels where the real negotiations are done.

The only thing a grunt is likely to see is propaganda and mudslinging on the forums and the war every day.

[quote name='Gamemaster1' date='18 April 2010 - 10:34 PM' timestamp='1271648060' post='2265785']
I've fought...1 member of =LOST=, 1 GR, 1 Buccaneer, 3 ODNers, 5 MHAians, 1 Nemesis, 2 Fark members, 2 Monos Archiens, 2 Athenians, 3 members of LoSS, 4 Gremlins, and 15 Spartans. Then mpol777.
41 Nations so far.

Let's see...rankings out of 10.

=LOST= was a decent fight, he didn't win much though. 6

The GR guy I gave peace to since he was in bill lock 2 days into the war.. 3

The Buccaneer surrendered in 13 minutes. No really, he did. :| 0
(I hope he was a ghost)

ODN had one good nation, King Puffington. He was at the top of my NS when I declared, and we exchanged a few decent shots with each other. The other two declared on me thinking I would be an easy target...they were nice free money. 4

MHA had the nicest fighters, but not the best. One guy I couldn't touch, but I was fighting 6 people at a time and he has over 5 times my infra. So.. I nuked him and that was it. 4

The Nemesis guy was great. He only declared on me to keep me in a stagger (and he had gosh darn high tech), and he was a fun opponent. Didn't do much other then lob nukes and CMs though. 7

The Farkers tried to bandwagon in when I had 400 infra and paid dearly for it. They still won far more attacks then I did though, and they fought and co-ordinated well. 7

1 MA guy surrendered, the other was inactive. Booooooring. 2

2 Athenians didn't bother fighting back at all and took a defeat alert every day. 2

3 members of LoSS. These guys were great opponents, very fun. Triple update blitzes. :mad: 9

4 Gremlins....failed. 1 nuke between the 4 of them so far. It's been a week and a half, almost. (To top it off, the one who nuked me surrendered to me AFTER the war had expired :smug: ) 1

15 Spartans were a mixed bag. I counted 2 that fought well, but most of them were fun to chat with. 4

mpol took a defeat alert every day. He also sent a nuke every day. I'm sure FAN can do better then that, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. 6
[/quote]
Most of these ratings don'e make sense. Why does just nuking every day give you a 7, and defeat alerting you get a 6? I feel like out of 41 nations, you seem to glorify yourself far too much.
That said, Shardoon was the only good TOP fighter I fought. Three Headed monkey despite having enough money to lose 5 mil each GA still didn't even retaliate with a CM or a nuke for the 14 days we fought.

[quote name='Chickenzilla' date='19 April 2010 - 08:13 AM' timestamp='1271661198' post='2266054']
Most of these ratings don'e make sense. Why does just nuking every day give you a 7, and defeat alerting you get a 6? I feel like out of 41 nations, you seem to glorify yourself far too much.
That said, Shardoon was the only good TOP fighter I fought. Three Headed monkey despite having enough money to lose 5 mil each GA still didn't even retaliate with a CM or a nuke for the 14 days we fought.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure he was describing what he did to them.

[quote name='GearHead' date='19 April 2010 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1271641818' post='2265622']
FoB get a mixed mention. A bad one because they pretty much rolled over and generally weren't prepared enough - every single one I fought (2/3 of them surrendered). A good one because the ones that stayed were loyal and FoB as the alliance we see now gladly took the role as CnG's meatshield for a good part of the war.
[/quote]
Almost all of FoB's top and active nations left to join PC before the war, and so they were running a ghost crew. FoB did well and punched above their weight, considering their predicament. It's a pity you couldn't fight them at full strength :(

The initial TOOL nations I hit did reasonably well. Had okay warchests but their technique was average.
The Argent nations that countered me did very very well and coordinated their attacks well. Most of my damage was sustained at this point.
The Argent nation that staggered me went turtle once countered by other RIA nations so that was disappointing.
And the TOOL nations I hit towards the end of the war did nothing. But to be fair I was picking on nations with a huge wonder disadvantage and they didn't stand a chance.

Overall, TOOL 6/10, Argent 8/10.

well, as much as i loved the invicta nations i faced, they really didnt do all that much to me. my olympus guy asked me to leave him alone and went inactive. one of my two valhallan guys went inactive, but the second one did some rather nice damage. more than the rest of my wars combined.

so, props to invicta for being entertaining, props to valhalla for actually doing something. and sorry olympus, i probably only got a bad example of you, but depressing >_>

If it must be done,
IRON still have alot of lessons to learn about fighting at the top level, some good nations and alot of bad ones
Matt Miller is a monster, but the rest of IRON didn't properly support him
OG individualy are good fighters, but were let down by an awful strategy
Zenith were swamped by FARK before they had a chance to show
and DAWN were a joke, who's unexpected intervention only served to provide targets for the week or so they had nations in range

Edited by SynthFG

[quote name='bandnerd' date='19 April 2010 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1271673071' post='2266137']
well, as much as i loved the invicta nations i faced, they really didnt do all that much to me. my olympus guy asked me to leave him alone and went inactive. one of my two valhallan guys went inactive, but the second one did some rather nice damage. more than the rest of my wars combined.

so, props to invicta for being entertaining, props to valhalla for actually doing something. and sorry olympus, i probably only got a bad example of you, but depressing >_>
[/quote]
Sorry Bandnerd, I did offer you a shot at me if you got in range, but NoR seemed to avoid me round 2

[color="#0000FF"]I fought too FOKers. Big names in their alliances I believe. Both did reasonable well. Both GO nations I fought were subpar, although one did semi-alright considering he much more tech than me. All of the Fark nations I fought did poorly. I destroyed all of them. One of them came at me a few times, however, since he seemed to enjoy taking the punishment. And Penkala of course was ridiculous. He had no idea what he was doing. So there you go, Fark did decent enough. Everyone should just give up and join the GPA.[/color]

I fought Valhalla, Invicta, Olympus and 1 Molon Labe member.
The Molon Labe guy surrendered (i think he wasn't that representative for their alliance, because he was the only one in my range, a rather low range, to be onest) so, i didn't like him.
The others put a up a medium fight, i got my fair share of "turtles", inactive people.. but most of them weren't fighting that hard. But i've had no nation sending me the mandatory 2 CM's a day, every day. The only people that did any damage were the ones from the second round that had nukes(being knocked down from medium size).
Allied alliances, hmmm.
I've had one \m/ member and 2 from RnR that fought with me. All three of them helped with coordinating attacks and with sharing info. Other than that, my fellow NoR soldiers who did a great job.

I got passed over for the first week or so of the \m/ war because Moridin sucks and wanted to be a stickler (much :wub: tiger). I did finally end up getting a target, but that was about 6 hours before Grub pulled Polar out of the \m/ war, so I pretty much immediately had to peace out. By the time the TOP/GOD thing came up, I had to go inactive for RL reasons.

So yeah basically the wars, RL, and Moridin all suck. :P

Edited by Fallen_Fool