GDA Imposing Tech Sanctions on Gramlins

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='15 April 2010 - 09:20 PM' timestamp='1271388002' post='2262173']
I have a question for you. Do you think the New Polar Order (your allies) should be deemed hypocrites whenever they speak out against harsh reps/terms, even though they actively helped to support those that did?
[/quote]
Polar are no allies of mine.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='KingEd' date='15 April 2010 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1271387859' post='2262172']
Although it's obvious that this is more for the PR gains than it is for the possible help to IRON, if any at all derives from this, I commend GDA for this valiant effort to dethrone the gRamlins of their precious tech.

It's funny actually, that a NON-IRON treaty partner would do this, and not an IRON treaty partner.

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/awt4kw.png[/IMG]

:ph34r:
[/quote]

Didn't you used to be a chanceolor of MCXA King Ed? Well, thx for the loyalty to an alliance you used to lead man. You would think that after being chancellor at MCXA you would know that we would be very hesitant to tell people things like who they should and shouldn't do tech deal with.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='15 April 2010 - 08:33 PM' timestamp='1271388792' post='2262191']
Didn't you used to be a chanceolor of MCXA King Ed? Well, thx for the loyalty to an alliance you used to lead man. You would think that after being chancellor at MCXA you would know that we would be very hesitant to tell people things like who they should and shouldn't do tech deal with.
[/quote]

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='15 April 2010 - 04:30 PM']
Its embarrassing and a mark against us, my [u]personal[/u] apologies IRON. I'm glad its just one member we have doing a tech deal with GRE.
[/quote]

Heh

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='15 April 2010 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1271388792' post='2262191']
[/quote]

It's generally a good idea not to send tech to the people keeping your allies in a state of constant war for no good reason. That being said, it is one member sending tech. One member who may or may not know what the situation is. One member who may have already been paid for tech and now *has* to send it. Blaming the entirety of MCXA for 2 aid packets by 1 member is... well, it sheds a lot of light onto your already transparent motives.

[quote name='President Hardin' date='15 April 2010 - 05:13 AM' timestamp='1271308417' post='2260976']
By allowing this without opposition, it gives alliances in the future much to fear if CN becomes a who can-do-what-whenever-they-want-to and potentially hold alliances hostage for as long as they feel. In the end, this will be more than just about this current war but it will about what are the actual limits and what is acceptable for one alliance to demand of another in terms of surrender. Surely this situation stretches that fine line even thinner.
[/quote]

oh dear god. Heaven forbid somebody does something you don't agree with. Because individuals can't have independent thoughts or anything.

[quote name='Penkala' date='16 April 2010 - 04:42 PM' timestamp='1271389350' post='2262201']
It's generally a good idea not to send tech to the people keeping your allies in a state of constant war for no good reason. That being said, it is one member sending tech. One member who may or may not know what the situation is. One member who may have already been paid for tech and now *has* to send it. Blaming the entirety of MCXA for 2 aid packets by 1 member is... well, it sheds a lot of light onto your already transparent motives.
[/quote]

Pretty much this. However, I do think the MCXA should try and stop their members tech dealing with Gramlins. As should all the following Alliances who are technically assisting Gramlins in their war against IRON and DAWN.

Peoples Order of Truth
Sparta
Fallen
Legion
The Indigo Plateau
Poison Clan
Federation of Allied Republics
MCXA
WTF Applicant
Celestial Being
Fallen Knights
Saint Patricks Brigade
Black Water military contracting
Invicta/Regnum Invictorum
NATO
TDO
Nordreich
GDA
The Blood Brothers
Citadel Trading Company
RnR
The Confederation of Canada
League of Imperial Nations
The Ninjas
Blue Turtle Alliance
Army of the Twelve Monkeys
SOS Brigade
Fallen Knights
SOS Brigade
Alliance of international defence
Sanitarium
World Federation
Phoenix Rising
Bushido
The Order of New World Domination
Nusantara Elite Warriors

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='15 April 2010 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1271382944' post='2262097']
Looks like Londo beat me to it.

GDA, here's what to do:
1. Disband
2. Get a new name
3. Hope everyone forgets what kind of buttsniffing lackeys you used to be.
4. THEN make announcements like this.
[/quote]

when relics make reference to the past it clearly shows the clock in your corner of the world quit working a long time ago. Reminiscing in the CN Archives and your IRC log files probably brings back fond memories of times ago but while you sit pondering old theory and negativity we have moved on to better days, great allies, and we have great people involved with our alliance. I am proud of where we are and i don't care to relive what happened in the past. i'll leave that up to you.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='15 April 2010 - 12:37 AM' timestamp='1271309851' post='2260998']
You mean like how GDA kept the NPO propped up for years by being allied to them when NPO was holding FAN hostage?

Yeah... cry me a river. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Continuum

I think you should take a gander at that Londo.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='16 April 2010 - 04:33 AM' timestamp='1271388792' post='2262191']
Didn't you used to be a chanceolor of MCXA King Ed? Well, thx for the loyalty to an alliance you used to lead man. You would think that after being chancellor at MCXA you would know that [b]we would be very hesitant to tell people things like who they should and shouldn't do tech deal with.[/b]
[/quote]

Like someone said above, it's one member---he is actively aiding an enemy of your strongest & greatest ally, IRON. To me, that's unacceptable and it's why I brought it up. It has been a while since Peace was made between "everyone - Gre and IRON", and by now your entire membership should have been informed to not partake in any activities (financially speaking) with an alliance who's literally trying to destroy your ally. Just saying, to me it's unacceptable.

[quote name='Penkala' date='16 April 2010 - 04:42 AM' timestamp='1271389350' post='2262201']
[/quote]

One member that should have been informed of the situation weeks ago. MCXA has a lot of small nations, it happens (I get it). But, fix it. IRON is fighting an uphill war and if this continues to happen it'll just get steeper. As for my motives, I use to lead that alliance, my intentions are not to "flame" or "troll" anyone, just bringing what is a bad situation to light.

[quote name='NoFish' date='16 April 2010 - 01:51 AM' timestamp='1271379085' post='2261998']
You really going to say that Athens tech raiding a 40-something man alliance for a few days is worse than you attacking GPA for no real reason, making them pay you reps, changing their charter, and indefinitely restricting their nuke count? Or holding FAN in an "eternal" war for a year and a half?

Really going to make that claim?
[/quote]

That is not the claim I made, improve your reading comprehension.

[quote name='New Frontier' date='15 April 2010 - 11:16 PM' timestamp='1271387764' post='2262171']
You're talking to the wrong person. I think that a lot of Karma are hypocrites. That doesn't make GDA any less so.
[/quote]
So you're calling the entire GDA whose new government wasn't even around during the NPO era and had nothing to do with anything before the Karma war hypocrites? Thats a pretty ignorant statement.

[quote name='NoFish' date='15 April 2010 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1271379085' post='2261998']
You really going to say that Athens tech raiding a 40-something man alliance for a few days is worse than you attacking GPA for no real reason, making them pay you reps, changing their charter, and indefinitely restricting their nuke count? Or holding FAN in an "eternal" war for a year and a half?

Really going to make that claim?
[/quote]
I couldve sworn this was about a GDA tech sanction, not about the NPO and friends attacking the GPA. That event isn't even related to the GDA in the slightest way.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='15 April 2010 - 01:37 AM' timestamp='1271309851' post='2260998']
You mean like how GDA kept the NPO propped up for years by being allied to them when NPO was holding FAN hostage?

Yeah... cry me a river. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
For the record, BacTalan is the only remaining active member of GDA from 2007. I believe sippyjuice is the next oldest of the active members, and she joined in late 2008. The rest were either new and uninvolved during Karma, or joined after the war.

In other words, GDA is a bunch of noobs and inactives.

[quote name='Ghuxalia' date='16 April 2010 - 07:02 PM' timestamp='1271473334' post='2263585']
For the record, BacTalan is the only remaining active member of GDA from 2007. I believe sippyjuice is the next oldest of the active members, and she joined in late 2008. The rest were either new and uninvolved during Karma, or joined after the war.

[/quote]

Orly now? >_>

[quote name='Ghuxalia' date='16 April 2010 - 11:02 PM' timestamp='1271473334' post='2263585']

[/quote]

you make me want to puke. always have and always will.

So heres a question, why does a new government absolve an alliance of its past actions? (OOC: Doesn't Obama have to deal with the actions of Bush, Clinton, Reagan etc and the next president will have to deal with the actions of Obama/OOC)Each alliance has a reputation created by its past rulers this reputation may change but with the reputation and name recognition comes a natural judgement including past actions.

I would have no beef with this announcement if it weren't for the fake sentiment of nuetrality you chose to incorperate in it. If you weren't taking sides then why would you choose to publicly announce that you weren't selling tech to the Gramlins, rather than just not aiding a nation at war like any alliance who wasn't choosing sides.

What if I created an OWF topic, "I'm not choosing sides, but I'm going to continue selling tech to Gramlins. I find it wrong that all these self rightous alliances are trying to tell gramlins what they can and can't do." I would have respected you a lot more if you just came out and said you're siding with IRON. I'm not sure what you're trying to do here to be honest.

[quote name='the masheen' date='17 April 2010 - 02:04 PM' timestamp='1271531033' post='2264042']
I would have no beef with this announcement if it weren't for the fake sentiment of nuetrality you chose to incorperate in it.  If you weren't taking sides then why would you choose to publicly announce that you weren't selling tech to the Gramlins, rather than just not aiding a nation at war like any alliance who wasn't choosing sides.

What if I created an OWF topic, "I'm not choosing sides, but I'm going to continue selling tech to Gramlins.  I find it wrong that all these self rightous alliances are trying to tell gramlins what they can and can't do."  I would have respected you a lot more if you just came out and said you're siding with IRON.  I'm not sure what you're trying to do here to be honest.
[/quote]
Be attention ***** and earn some pointless karma points. How you treat other alliance with no beef with yours really determines the future of your alliance. I'm sure Gremlins will remember this pointless display of fake aggression.

This move does absolutely nothing. whoop dee do. It may prohibit 1% of the tech selling nation from selling tech to Gremlins (that is if smaller GDA nations all get the message, which I highly doubt they will).  :lol1:

Nice public relations stunt, GDA. It takes an uninteresting and uninspiring alliance who have never done anything noteworthy to provide moral leadership in this world.

Also, I'm proud to announce that my nation's markets remain open to trade with the Gramlins. It's unlikely to happen, I know, but I have no problem with it.

[quote name='Katsumi' date='17 April 2010 - 03:18 PM' timestamp='1271531869' post='2264065']
Nice public relations stunt, GDA. It takes an uninteresting and uninspiring alliance who have never done anything noteworthy to provide moral leadership in this world.

Also, I'm proud to announce that my nation's markets remain open to trade with the Gramlins. It's unlikely to happen, I know, but I have no problem with it.
[/quote]
Has the SOS brigade done anything interesting lately

[quote name='zzzptm' date='17 April 2010 - 02:45 PM' timestamp='1271540694' post='2264252']
Doesn't trading with an enemy alliance make one a target of the nations fighting that alliance?

Makes sense to keep neutral ships out of warzone waters.
[/quote]

That's the way I've always understood it. GDA shouldn't be tech dealing with [i]either[/i] side in the first place. That makes this announcement completely pointless and is what makes it an obvious PR stunt imo.

So on the other side of the coin, would publicly putting an embargo on Gremlins but not publicy putting an embargo on IRON and DAWN an act of war? I mean, if refusing to sell tech to an alliance is a public manner (apparently), don't you have the obligation to publicly announce one on IRON and DAWN as well? Does this mean that you will be aiding IRON and DAWN while they are at war? I'd assume that's the case because you haven't put a public embargo on them and apparently that decision is OWF material.

I don't know if tech dealing with alliances at war is an act of war in the first place. I didn't even know anyone in the Army of the Twelve Monkeys was dealing tech to Gremlins, and quite frankly, I think that telling them to stop dealing tech to them is just as much of an act of war as it is to continue to do so. But that's just my opinion...