GDA Imposing Tech Sanctions on Gramlins

[quote name='magicninja' date='17 April 2010 - 07:25 PM' timestamp='1271546692' post='2264351']
That's the way I've always understood it. GDA shouldn't be tech dealing with [i]either[/i] side in the first place. That makes this announcement completely pointless and is what makes it an obvious PR stunt imo.
[/quote]
This is, unfortunately, not the past standard. People have been selling tech to alliances at war for years - otherwise the various alliances at war with FAN would have had a hard time buying tech, for example.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='17 April 2010 - 02:44 PM' timestamp='1271529863' post='2264020']
So heres a question, why does a new government absolve an alliance of its past actions? (OOC: Doesn't Obama have to deal with the actions of Bush, Clinton, Reagan etc and the next president will have to deal with the actions of Obama/OOC)Each alliance has a reputation created by its past rulers this reputation may change but with the reputation and name recognition comes a natural judgement including past actions.
[/quote]
Yes ture, but th only past actions I've seen GDA take were defending allies. People can try to say that the GDA kept NPO propped up for years but come on an alliance that maintained 250 members at average kept a power house like the NPO propped up?

Not to mention the GDA was not involved in the NPO-Continuum led curb stomps that took place. They only honor their treaties when the NPO was directly attacked as any alliance would do. But I can say the same about some of your "Karma" buddies that gladly would aggresively activate their treaties and jump on whoever the NPO was fighting. So before accusing the GDA of anything you should have a talk with some of your friends first.

The GDA has been allied to the NPO almost dating back to their creation. They were our good friends ( Well not mine but I'm speaking for the allliance as a whole) just as MHA and Gre are or were good friends.

And now people are saying it was a crime for GDA to defend their allies just because they were on the other side of the treaty web?

I don't see what all the fuss is about. Gremlins is doing what they think is right now the whole !@#$@#$ world is in arms over it. If they want war, and they have a lot of of right now, who gives a $%&@ what they do.

[quote name='Katsumi' date='17 April 2010 - 03:18 PM' timestamp='1271531869' post='2264065']
Nice public relations stunt, GDA. It takes an uninteresting and uninspiring alliance who have never done anything noteworthy to provide moral leadership in this world.

Also, I'm proud to announce that my nation's markets remain open to trade with the Gramlins. It's unlikely to happen, I know, but I have no problem with it.
[/quote]

i know what cracks me up is i have never heard of SOS :/ at least you have heard of us. makes me feel somewhat better :) as i can see you have over thousands and thousands of posts. so that means you sit in front of your computer ALL DAY LONG ranting and raving about nothing and hoping someone will care. so i'll give you the benefit of acknowledging your millionth post.

as i have said before, if i don't know what happened in the past how would i react to it? do you think i should pay money and take a course on CN and learn everything that has ever happened? some of you people are so moronic it just doesnt add up to how you can function. i can only be a judge to the history i have experienced.

regardless whether you care or don't care about our putting a tech embargo on Gramlins, it happened so get over it. for the others who have publicly and privately called for the same and acted on it we appreciate it very much.

[quote name='President Hardin' date='18 April 2010 - 02:30 PM' timestamp='1271626227' post='2265326']
i know what cracks me up is i have never heard of SOS :/ at least you have heard of us. makes me feel somewhat better :) as i can see you have over thousands and thousands of posts. so that means you sit in front of your computer ALL DAY LONG ranting and raving about nothing and hoping someone will care. so i'll give you the benefit of acknowledging your millionth post.

as i have said before, if i don't know what happened in the past how would i react to it? do you think i should pay money and take a course on CN and learn everything that has ever happened? some of you people are so moronic it just doesnt add up to how you can function. i can only be a judge to the history i have experienced.

regardless whether you care or don't care about our putting a tech embargo on Gramlins, it happened so get over it. for the others who have publicly and privately called for the same and acted on it we appreciate it very much.
[/quote]

If you've never heard of Katsumi I feel bad for you. Also, those of us who have been around for years can judge the history we have experienced too. Do you think it matters to us whether you were here or not?

You still look like a bunch of attention whores and we'll laugh for as long as we like about it.

[quote name='Katsumi' date='17 April 2010 - 02:18 PM' timestamp='1271531869' post='2264065']
Nice public relations stunt, GDA. It takes an uninteresting and uninspiring alliance who have never done anything noteworthy to provide moral leadership in this world.
[/quote]
Well, if there wasn't such a void in leadership anymore then maybe these things wouldn't be necessary. Alas, such is what happens when the Orders recede from the spotlight and allow the children to play as they will.

[quote name='Heft' date='19 April 2010 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1271699355' post='2266475']
Well, if there wasn't such a void in leadership anymore then maybe these things wouldn't be necessary. Alas, such is what happens when the Orders recede from the spotlight and allow the children to play as they will.
[/quote]

Realy? I agree it's karma's fault :P
Since no alliances were ever held at war unconditionaly while NPO was in power.

Slightly late on saying this GDA, but congrats on making a desicion on standing up for whatever you beleive in.

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='19 April 2010 - 10:07 AM' timestamp='1271686047' post='2266253']
*Raises hand*
[/quote]
Oh quiet you!

[quote name='Heft' date='19 April 2010 - 01:49 PM' timestamp='1271699355' post='2266475']
[/quote]
The Orders may be out of the spotlight, but they are definitely not letting the children run free.

[quote name='President Hardin' date='18 April 2010 - 05:30 PM' timestamp='1271626227' post='2265326']
[/quote]

If you want I can give you some quick summaries, free of charge. :P

No jokes. [url="http://www.gdacn.com/forums/forum/391-csn-embassy/"]Just ask[/url].

Just to settle your little "Old GDA" argument, most of the members who took part in the event are no longer in the alliance. Times change. Bringing up history to the ones who aren't even responsible is the reason for the conflicts in the Middle East between the Jews and the Arabs. They hate each other and don't even know why. Do we really need to be as dumb as they are?

[quote name='TheSyl' date='23 April 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1272060003' post='2272385']
Just to settle your little "Old GDA" argument, most of the members who took part in the event are no longer in the alliance. Times change. Bringing up history to the ones who aren't even responsible is the reason for the conflicts in the Middle East between the Jews and the Arabs. They hate each other and don't even know why. Do we really need to be as dumb as they are?
[/quote]
You need to remove or edit that comment.

[quote name='Enrage' date='23 April 2010 - 06:36 PM' timestamp='1272062152' post='2272419']
You need to remove or edit that comment.
[/quote]
If you find it offensive, you should edit your own post to remove the offensive material from your own post.

[quote name='TheSyl' date='23 April 2010 - 06:00 PM' timestamp='1272060003' post='2272385']
Do we really need to be as dumb as they are?
[/quote]
Yes.