GDA Imposing Tech Sanctions on Gramlins

[quote name='Heft' date='15 April 2010 - 10:16 AM' timestamp='1271351752' post='2261476']
It's okay, Londo isn't ever allowed to have an opinion or take any actions on things he disapproves of ever again after he wantonly attacked an entire alliance without cause.
[/quote]
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=14350

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=10090|

Your opinion is invalid.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='wickedj' date='15 April 2010 - 09:39 PM' timestamp='1271363941' post='2261663']
This doesnt really accomplish much...
[/quote]

It accomplishes an increase in entertainment and holds off on the pissing and moaning about things being boring because thier is no war. Ram will get his tech, despite all of the jackals out thier he is a resourceful and competent ruler.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='15 April 2010 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1271355391' post='2261535']
Londo and his NPO commentary aside, I don't think most of us are condemning the act. I think the idea is that making a public announcement about it seems more like a publicity stunt than anything and sort of takes away from the gesture. I know several alliances who are not willing to tech deal with the little green creatures, but thankfully they aren't cluttering up the OWF with announcements saying so. ;)
[/quote]
I don't think itt's about a PR stunut. It's more that the GDA wants to take a non-violent stand towards Gramlins and by announcing it on the open world forums they are encouraging others to follow.

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='15 April 2010 - 07:05 PM' timestamp='1271372699' post='2261866']
I don't think itt's about a PR stunut. It's more that the GDA wants to take a non-violent stand towards Gramlins and by announcing it on the open world forums they are encouraging others to follow.
[/quote]

Ahh, but you see.. The error is that they didn't check with the Masters to see whether they thought it was worthy of being posted.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='15 April 2010 - 05:50 PM' timestamp='1271350204' post='2261455']
That's another good point... aid to an alliance at war has usually been considered an act of war. It's downright odd for GDA to pipe up and say that they won't aid an alliance at war... I always thought that was pretty much standard. And that really does make it look like even more of a cheap PR play.

Perhaps I have been overly cynical about GDA's actions, but it's been nice to see all the haters come out of the woodwork who are overly cynical about mine, and Athens. ;)

And with that I have nothing more to say here. An excellent day to you all.
[/quote]

Archon finally got on and told you to stop making a fool of yourself huh?

[quote name='Choader' date='15 April 2010 - 09:55 PM' timestamp='1271364884' post='2261690']
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=14350

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=10090|

Your opinion is invalid.
[/quote]

While you can debate the legitimacy of the CB in both the threads you have posted, it is false to claim that either was attacked without cause or some form of justification. You may not have agreed with the justification or cause but nevertheless the reasons for attacking both alliances are clearly stated.

At this point I'd normally link you to Athens DOW on the Knights of Ni, and justification of for comparison but oh wait its non-existent. :rolleyes:

I know it's still relatively early being that it's only April, but Londo for "Troll of the Year"?

How long are we going to be inundated with this 'two wrongs make a right because NPO did it' crap? Your argument carries less water than a screen....oh, see what I did there?

[quote name='MCRABT' date='15 April 2010 - 07:43 PM' timestamp='1271374973' post='2261910']
While you can debate the legitimacy of the CB in both the threads you have posted, it is false to claim that either was attacked without cause or some form of justification. You may not have agreed with the justification or cause but nevertheless the reasons for attacking both alliances are clearly stated.

At this point I'd normally link you to Athens DOW on the Knights of Ni, and justification of for comparison but oh wait its non-existent. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
You really going to say that Athens tech raiding a 40-something man alliance for a few days is worse than you attacking GPA for no real reason, making them pay you reps, changing their charter, and indefinitely restricting their nuke count? Or holding FAN in an "eternal" war for a year and a half?

Really going to make that claim?

I think you guys are kind of missing the point of my post, but hey that's cool. I know we've never reached a complete consensus on the GPA war before but I'm sure this time will be different.

Also, Letum, you actually counted? You sad, sad soul.

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='15 April 2010 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1271382944' post='2262097']
3. Hope everyone forgets what kind of buttsniffing lackeys you used to be.
[/quote]

Yet, once again, someone with no knowledge of GDA's prior affairs opens their mouth. As stated earlier, I invite you once again to look at how many offensive wars GDA participated in on NPO's behalf. It's a hell of a lot less than all the other ex-Heg who had a "change of heart" and were allowed a free pass.

[quote name='Thrash' date='15 April 2010 - 08:37 PM' timestamp='1271385427' post='2262144']
Yet, once again, someone with no knowledge of GDA's prior affairs opens their mouth. As stated earlier, I invite you once again to look at how many offensive wars GDA participated in on NPO's behalf. It's a hell of a lot less than [b]all the other ex-Heg who had a "change of heart" and were allowed a free pass.[/b]
[/quote]
Kind of like Invicta?

Being a part of such an existence is not quantifiable in how many aggressive wars were fought.

[quote name='New Frontier' date='15 April 2010 - 10:41 PM' timestamp='1271385700' post='2262150']
Kind of like Invicta?

Being a part of such an existence is not quantifiable in how many aggressive wars were fought.
[/quote]

Really? So how many Karma alliances were treatied with NPO in the past? If it's merely guilt by association, surely it should apply to all, and not some.

GDA's participation in the hegemony was rather passive; I do not believe they were involved in any wars other than the NADC War (the entire bloc declared on GUN but I don't think GDA was actually involved), and they are now close allies with NADC. They have paid for whatever crimes they may have committed twice now on the points of the Commonwealth's swords. To continue to judge them based on those they associated with two years ago when they had an entirely different government is foolish.

That said, I agree for the most part with SOM's analysis of the situation. The claim of neutrality is silly as you are clearly acting in a hostile manner - but as the GDA isn't a neutral alliance why even claim that? :huh: The gesture is largely symbolic but since IRON seems to appreciate it I guess that's what matters. I do not believe this will have any effect on Gremlins nor will it weaken their resolve in any way, but a show of support is better than nothing.

[quote name='Thrash' date='15 April 2010 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1271385914' post='2262153']
Really? So how many Karma alliances were treatied with NPO in the past? If it's merely guilt by association, surely it should apply to all, and not some.
[/quote]
You're talking to the wrong person. I think that a lot of Karma are hypocrites. That doesn't make GDA any less so.

Although it's obvious that this is more for the PR gains than it is for the possible help to IRON, if any at all derives from this, I commend GDA for this valiant effort to dethrone the gRamlins of their precious tech.

It's funny actually, that a NON-IRON treaty partner would do this, and not an IRON treaty partner.

:ph34r:

Edited by KingEd

[quote name='New Frontier' date='15 April 2010 - 08:16 PM' timestamp='1271387764' post='2262171']
You're talking to the wrong person. I think that a lot of Karma are hypocrites. That doesn't make GDA any less so.
[/quote]

I have a question for you. Do you think the New Polar Order (your allies) should be deemed hypocrites whenever they speak out against harsh reps/terms, even though they actively helped to support those that did?

[quote name='Alterego' date='15 April 2010 - 01:38 PM' timestamp='1271353069' post='2261497']
Its symbolic, how low do you have to go before a neutral alliance goes and does something like this. Gramlins and those who are prepared to protect them should realise how far off the beaten track they have travelled. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.
[/quote]

Tomorrow will bring more tech deals and newbz make more moniez off those said tech deals...But like ejay said they are doing the right thing by doing things they believe is right and i hail them for that...