Throwing Treaties, and Milestones

[quote name='dvdcchn' date='07 April 2010 - 08:04 AM' timestamp='1270623842' post='2251428']
no, we never asked them to protect us.

how cute comming from you, now go run and ask what your masters will let you do next, shoo!

in all seriousness, ODN is a fine allaince that has a loyal protectorates, just look at King Ed. sometimes it doesnt work out, we too learned that lesson in a previous scenerio. just as we are friends with our former protectorate, i am sure ODN will be as well.
[/quote]

In all fairness, if you look at our last announcement...I did say ":wub: our ODN overlords :lol1: No hard feelings dvd, I have a lot of respect for IRON even as an ally of ODN, respect that was built long ago and it hasn't vanished.

In all seriousness, I'm as loyal to ODN now as I was loyal to IRON during my time at MCXA. It's sad really that we could not be part of CTI (you know this) because of the mutual hatred between ODN/IRON (silly me..trying to make !@#$ work, trying to bring a higher sense of unity amongst Orange); hopefully the hatred that divides Orange ends one of these days and we can all be friends.

I'm an idealist amIrite ? :blush:

Edited by KingEd

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='dvdcchn' date='07 April 2010 - 03:04 AM' timestamp='1270623842' post='2251428']
how cute comming from you, now go run and ask what your masters will let you do next, shoo!
[/quote]
Out of curiosity, could you outline the implications you are trying to make here? I might add that picking out a single example of a common argument for the purpose of a confusing and poorly worded [i]ad hominem[/i] is unlikely to project the credibility and confidence that one might expect from the public face of an embattled alliance.

Or maybe that's just me.

[quote name='Doitzel' date='07 April 2010 - 01:30 AM' timestamp='1270625401' post='2251439']
Lord, what fools these mortals be!
[/quote]

Stand aside: the noise they make would cause the very stones to wake...

(reference to some of the comments in this thread)

[OOC] You really do have a penchant for Shakespeare lately, don't you? :P [/OOC]

[quote name='memoryproblems' date='06 April 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1270615545' post='2251316']
ODN capable? Surely you must be jesting.

Congratulations, IRON is an excellent bunch.
[/quote]
You want to see me tie my shoes? I swear I'm the bestest shoe tier around.
You should see my loopity loops. :3

Slap,hope you enjoy your new partners IRON. We might be mortal enemies but still secretly we love each other, it just so happens IRON dosen't show alot of affection.

Edited by YoshiRevoultion

[quote name='memoryproblems' date='07 April 2010 - 05:46 AM' timestamp='1270615545' post='2251316']
ODN capable? Surely you must be jesting.[/quote]
heh you obviously not keeping abrest of current events, besides trolling ODN is a fine art that has been practiced by many grandmasters...you are no artist in that regard.

[quote name='Coursca' date='07 April 2010 - 07:06 AM' timestamp='1270620347' post='2251390']
SLAP in the face to ODN there. :awesome:

(Oh, I just had to do it! I had to! It was right there and nobody else took it!)
[/quote]
That is awesome. I lol'ed :v:

Edited by Cataduanes

[quote name='Theophilos' date='07 April 2010 - 12:44 PM' timestamp='1270640680' post='2251536']
Didn't an ODN member post something about triviality ... I agree ODN is such a trivial alliance she doesn't merit our enmity.
[/quote]
Nice :ehm:

Good luck to SLAP and IRON.

Some of you are so warped in your assertions it really makes any validity you may possess seem moot. "This is a bad move," who cares? It's their protectorate and sadly the world doesn't revolve around you. If they wish to be brothers with IRON, that is their decision. Just because YOU don't like IRON doesn't mean everyone else will. Just because YOU don't see eye to eye with IRON doesn't mean no one else will. Good to see a lot of ODN treating this will respect, good show. (No sarcasm)

[quote name='Cataduanes' date='07 April 2010 - 06:29 AM' timestamp='1270639737' post='2251531']
heh you obviously not keeping abrest of current events, besides trolling ODN is a fine art that has been practiced by many grandmasters...you are no artist in that regard.
[/quote]

Oh, I keep perfectly up-to-date, and ODN has shown me nothing that would convince me that they have shed their general ineptitude.

Speaking of ODN, the one thing in my almost four years of this game that I regret most is that at one time, I too was a member of the ODN. It was years ago (Spring through early summer of 2007), and I've tried to pretend as if it never happened, and I'll refrain from saying too much on my specific impressions of the time, sure it was a long time ago, but as times change, I'm sure many things stay the same. I guess one might say that very ill-thought out venture on my behalf gives me at least a little added perspective, even if it is years old.

Regardless, best of luck to SLAP, I'm confident IRON will serve you well.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='memoryproblems' date='07 April 2010 - 01:28 PM' timestamp='1270643295' post='2251552']
Oh, I keep perfectly up-to-date, and ODN has shown me nothing that would convince me that they have shed their general ineptitude.

Speaking of ODN, the one thing in my almost four years of this game that I regret most is that at one time, I too was a member of the ODN. It was years ago (Spring through early summer of 2007), and I've tried to pretend as if it never happened, and I'll refrain from saying too much on my specific impressions of the time, sure it was a long time ago, but as times change, I'm sure many things stay the same. I guess one might say that very ill-thought out venture on my behalf gives me at least a little added perspective, even if it is years old.

Regardless, best of luck to SLAP, I'm confident IRON will serve you well.
[/quote]
Then perhaps you should take the time to speak to some of our opponents in the recent conflict (something you have patently not done), you might be presently surprised :smug:

As for your regret as you have said yourself it was a long time ago and ODN has changed alot, perhaps you should take the time to find out how things are rather than basing your obvious bias on the distant past.

Edited by Cataduanes

[quote name='memoryproblems' date='07 April 2010 - 05:28 AM' timestamp='1270643295' post='2251552']
[/quote]

Oh oh! You're posts are still there.

Here's how your career in the ODN played out.

-You joined April 16th, 2007.
-Remained inactive till August.
-Posted a NPO-Hate thread.
-You were told you went overboard.
-Whined and used being ex-NAAC as an excuse.
-Disappeared around October.

On paper, that looks bad... but I'm sure you thought you were justified. It was years ago anyway. I'm sure even you have improved since then.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' date='06 April 2010 - 11:22 PM' timestamp='1270614156' post='2251289']
Didn't IRON cancel another protectorate treaty because they couldn't provide protection?
[/quote]

That would be a correct assessment.

EDIT: And IronMan... that name sounds familiar... Oh yeah, I remember now. He was the guy spouting off in #torn the other day gloating about SLAP never having actually done anything or gotten into a major fight. This will end well...:smug:

Edited by Lord Boris

[quote name='dvdcchn' date='07 April 2010 - 02:04 AM' timestamp='1270623842' post='2251428']
no, we never asked them to protect us.
[/quote]

Actually, I think what Roq was getting that was that IRON dropped Krynn since IRON couldn't fulfill the protector roll, which was an accurate assessment of what happened.

[quote name='Lord Boris' date='07 April 2010 - 05:45 PM' timestamp='1270655088' post='2251691']
Actually, I think what Roq was getting that was that IRON dropped Krynn since IRON couldn't fulfill the protector roll, which was an accurate assessment of what happened.
[/quote]

That's not how I remember it. But really not something I care about :)

[quote name='KingEd' date='07 April 2010 - 02:23 AM' timestamp='1270625004' post='2251436']
In all seriousness, I'm as loyal to ODN now as I was loyal to IRON during my time at MCXA.
[/quote]

I thought you're name rang a bell, and your comment just saved me from going through MCXA's old posts looking for where i thought I saw your name :D

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' date='07 April 2010 - 05:22 AM' timestamp='1270614156' post='2251289']
Didn't IRON cancel another protectorate treaty because they couldn't provide protection?
[/quote]

I might be wrong, but at the time Krynn was cancelled IRON was facing overwhelming odds against several alliances with little perspective of peace on the horizont. Now they are only fighting Grämlins which should not be a major issue in regards to defend an alliance with 11k Avg NS. Most IRON on that range should be not in range of Grämlins.

As for ODN.. well, I am yet to see them fulfilling a treaty in tough conditions. I'll reserve my judgmenet until then. So far they have proven themselves incapable by actions, though their words say otherwise. This war does not really count as it was brought to them and they weren't really in a disadvantageous position.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='06 April 2010 - 11:59 PM' timestamp='1270612767' post='2251240']
Why would you run from capable protectors such as ODN to ones as inept and incapable of defending you (especially now) as IRON? Looks to me like you're just trying to spite them. Your loss.
[/quote]
This is hilarious, you fine gentlemen at MK should really make a comedy show.

Good move, SLAP. Even though IRON can't really help you righgt now