Throwing Treaties, and Milestones

[size="5"][center]Forget Rocks, We Throw Oranges[/center][/size]

[center][img]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii50/azace/flag.png[/img][/center]

Over the past few months, We at SLAP have felt ignored and unliked by our protectors, ODN. At the start of this treaty, ODN was very helpful and took care of us. However do to recent events(PREWAR), we have felt that it is time for a change. As of 4/06/10 11:00PM central the treaty of "Forget Rocks, We Throw Oranges" between SLAP and ODN is now void.

[quote]Article VI - This treaty may be canceled at the discretion of either signatory. The canceling party shall be required to give the other alliance 48 hours prior notice. During this 48 hour period, all clauses of this treaty shall remain intact.[/quote]

SLAP gave ODN its 48 hours notice effective when the orange sphere was at peace.

We would like to thank ODN and its team for all of it's hard work they have done for us. Thank you.

[center][size="6"]SLAP Milestones[/size][/center]

Today is also an epic day for SLAP. SLAP has hit the following milestones in its history:
[center][img]http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss139/CNironman_17/score.jpg[/img][/center]
[list]
[*]500.000 NS
[*]12,000 ANS
[*]40 Members
[*]2.00 Score
[/list]

In a very short while, we will be doubling this. That is how much support and love I have for my staff.

Thanks,
IronMan, King of SLAP
#SLAP on coldfront
www.cn-slap.com

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100116150026/cybernations/images/thumb/8/8f/IRON.svg/800px-IRON.svg.png[/img][/center]

It is our esteemed pleasure to be the new protectors of SLAP. We heart you guys.

edit: spelling fail

Edited by dvdcchn

[quote name='dvdcchn' date='06 April 2010 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1270612469' post='2251226']
[center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100116150026/cybernations/images/thumb/8/8f/IRON.svg/800px-IRON.svg.png[/img][/center]

it is our estemeed please to be the new protectors of SLAP, we heart you guys
[/quote]

Whats an estemeed please?

Also, sorry to see you go SLAP we had some good times I suppose.

Edited by Peth Avenfield

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='06 April 2010 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1270612767' post='2251240']
Why would you run from capable protectors such as ODN to ones as inept and incapable of defending you (especially now) as IRON? Looks to me like you're just trying to spite them. Your loss.
[/quote]

Changes in gov, changes in belief. They will go where they feel is right. One cannot blame them.

[quote name='Sunstar' date='06 April 2010 - 11:55 PM' timestamp='1270612525' post='2251228']
I thoroughly disagree with your analysis of the situation, but what's done is done. Go well SLAP.
[/quote]
Pretty much my feeling.

Good luck guys

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='06 April 2010 - 10:59 PM' timestamp='1270612767' post='2251240']
Why would you run from capable protectors such as ODN to ones as inept and incapable of defending you (especially now) as IRON? Looks to me like you're just trying to spite them. Your loss.
[/quote]

ODN capable? Surely you must be jesting.

Congratulations, IRON is an excellent bunch.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' date='07 April 2010 - 05:22 AM' timestamp='1270614156' post='2251289']
Didn't IRON cancel another protectorate treaty because they couldn't provide protection?
[/quote]

This is more of a "look at what we did" treaty to get ODN mad, except they probably aren't.

Nevertheless,

Best of luck to you SLAP.

Edited by KingEd

SLAP in the face to ODN there. :awesome:

(Oh, I just had to do it! I had to! It was right there and nobody else took it!)

To be honest, this was probably not the most brilliant political move you could have made here, SLAP. Normally I'd take an easy swipe at ODN, but this really sounds like a breakdown in communication more than anything else -- something which is likely a little bit of everybody's fault.

Though, I do love me some IRON. :wub:

So...good luck to all parties and whatnot.

I can really blame myself for this... My failed attempt to bring ODN Protectorates under a common goal and gain failed with my loss of activity, which timed itself perfectly with the loss of interest experienced and noted on both sides some months ago... only the war kept us together this long. It would have been poor form to leave during the war and I thank you at least for that.

SLAP I had many many hours of logged chat and time spent with the original gov trying to set up the Protectorate Program, another failed program and idea under my belt, never the less I hope that as the new gov You and I, as ODN, may in the future see some sort of the same light. Either way... good luck in the future :)

Always sorry to see a protectorate feel they're not getting what they need from their allies. Hopefully you guys will get what you're looking for this time around. Prosperous future to you all!

And I'd hope that the rest of ODN, much like myself, doesn't feel any strong anger over this... seems such a trivial point to be mad about, no?

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' date='06 April 2010 - 11:22 PM' timestamp='1270614156' post='2251289']
Didn't IRON cancel another protectorate treaty because they couldn't provide protection?
[/quote]

no, we never asked them to protect us.

[quote name='KingEd' date='07 April 2010 - 12:58 AM' timestamp='1270619872' post='2251385']
This is more of a "look at what we did" treaty to get ODN mad, except they probably aren't.

Nevertheless,

Best of luck to you SLAP.
[/quote]

how cute comming from you, now go run and ask what your masters will let you do next, shoo!

in all seriousness, ODN is a fine allaince that has a loyal protectorates, just look at King Ed. sometimes it doesnt work out, we too learned that lesson in a previous scenerio. just as we are friends with our former protectorate, i am sure ODN will be as well.