Maybe it's just me

Nintenderek

Maybe it's just me, but it seemed like there were a lot more April Fools Day alliance jokes last year. So many in fact that it caused this thread to be made.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=52899

This year, I think I only noticed 2 April Fools day jokes. Now I have been out of the loop of things here on Planet Bob for the last two months or so because of things unrelated, so maybe it's just me, or is it that April Fools is just no longer cool? Or were all the good and bad ideas used up last year or what?

A lot of them last year were fake declarations of war because everyone wanted to issue a real declaration of war.

Edit: also, there was that fake mod thing that Admin added to the game that made it look like you could delete other players' nations.

Edited by Katsumi

I think my favourite one in the past was NPO announcing that GGA would become the New Emerald Order. Could have been because I forgot it was April Fools but also because it was a completely believable scenario.

[quote name='Newhotness' date='01 April 2010 - 06:29 PM' timestamp='1270160966' post='2244434']
April Fool jokes kinda died out. Everyone expects them and it doesnt have the same effect when everyone knows its fake. Might as well not do it
[/quote]
When we do ours next week, though, it'll be hilarious.

[quote name='Katsumi' date='01 April 2010 - 12:56 PM' timestamp='1270144569' post='2244043']
A lot of them last year were fake declarations of war because everyone wanted to issue a real declaration of war.

Edit: also, there was that fake mod thing that Admin added to the game that made it look like you could delete other players' nations.
[/quote]
heh that was awesome, i cant remember who he said was the most deleted person

I kind of liked the fake communist coup the FCC did 2 years ago, but that was mostly because it wasn't really trying to be a "hey, let's trick people into believing something crazy" sort of deal as much as it was an opportunity for us to roleplay incredibly over-the-top versions of the complete opposite of everything we actually believed in.

And then there was a zombie invasion.

Basically, I kind of see the day being more fun if people just be silly and as non-serious as possible, more than if people see it as a time to attempt crazy pranks or coming up with elaborate schemes to confuse the hell out of everyone else.

More a time for [i]being[/i] the fool than trying to fool other people, as it were.

[quote name='Näktergal' date='02 April 2010 - 03:46 AM' timestamp='1270194361' post='2245194']
I kind of liked the fake communist coup the FCC did 2 years ago, but that was mostly because it wasn't really trying to be a "hey, let's trick people into believing something crazy" sort of deal as much as it was an opportunity for us to roleplay incredibly over-the-top versions of the complete opposite of everything we actually believed in.

And then there was a zombie invasion.

Basically, I kind of see the day being more fun if people just be silly and as non-serious as possible, more than if people see it as a time to attempt crazy pranks or coming up with elaborate schemes to confuse the hell out of everyone else.

More a time for [i]being[/i] the fool than trying to fool other people, as it were.
[/quote]
We always kept the hammer and sickle pips on the Citadel boards after the communist coups, years later when it was brought up when I was King of FCC I decided to keep them. The coup really did happen in that sense and lived on.

[quote name='Dementual' date='01 April 2010 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1270179019' post='2244837']
I guess I'm the only person around here who likes April Fools jokes. They're harmless and make for interesting scenarios that everyone would want to see actually happen, but everyone knows never would happen.
[/quote]

I enjoy April Fools day, as long as the jokes are actually good and don't suck. Last year they sucked. I was hoping people would try to make up for that this year, but I was disappointed.