The New Grämlins

Iotupa

[quote name='Chickenzilla' date='13 April 2010 - 07:02 AM' timestamp='1271134923' post='2258359']
rofl. As much as I disagree with what the Grämlins are doing, I don't think that you can scare them into doing anything.
[/quote]
I don't either. Just ask yourself, if one nation gone nuclear rogue were to attack various nations, and continuously refuse to stop fighting, ignore all attempts to mediate, how does one treat that nation? By posting in public how deplorable those actions are, even repeatedly, or by ensuring sanctions on all teams, ensuring no foreign aid is flowing into that nation and blowing the nation to pieces until nothing is left to fight from there?

Now, simply consider the gRAMlins a collection of nuke rogues, and apply the same logic.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Starfox101' date='13 April 2010 - 05:44 AM' timestamp='1271151864' post='2258564']
Boo hoo. All of you whining about Gramlins keeping IRON at war supported the NPO doing the same thing.

What we can all assure though, is that this war won't last near as long as the one you supported.
[/quote]
That makes no difference. Both cases were wrong, but in this one we can speak out against the Grämlins without fear of being rolled for it.

[quote name='Starfox101' date='13 April 2010 - 10:44 AM' timestamp='1271151864' post='2258564']
Boo hoo. All of you whining about Gramlins keeping IRON at war supported the NPO doing the same thing.

What we can all assure though, is that this war won't last near as long as the one you supported.
[/quote]

When are you going to stop trying to justify things that are 9/10 on the scale of being a dick because NPO did a couple of things that hit 10/10?

[quote name='Starfox101' date='13 April 2010 - 04:44 AM' timestamp='1271151864' post='2258564']

[/quote]
Have you just been ignoring all the people from your side the of fence who have called out Gre on their actions as well? Most people, on either side of this war agree that what Ramlins is doing is wrong, also based on the logic of above quote, you seem to think NPO was legitimate in doing things like Viet Fan.

[quote name='Starfox101' date='13 April 2010 - 11:44 AM' timestamp='1271151864' post='2258564']

[/quote]
Well, gRAMlins are also keeping DAWN at war, which wasn't formed until after Karma, during which most of us fought against NPO. Still, having possibly supported a wrong in the past doesn't make a new wrong any less wrong.

Regarding the length of the war, well seeing as gRAMlins don't care to talk, the length will be determined by how long it takes us to change their minds with applied force.

[quote name='Starfox101' date='13 April 2010 - 04:44 AM' timestamp='1271151864' post='2258564']

[/quote]

so you are basically saying when NPO did it it was wrong, but now that Gremlins are doin it, it is A-okay? or is it simply because it is IRON who it is being done too? either way, you look like nothing more than a hypocrite, sore loser, and a far bigger whiner yourself SF.

[quote name='Starfox101' date='13 April 2010 - 02:44 AM' timestamp='1271151864' post='2258564']

[/quote]

Hi Starfox. As a fellow Vox founder I like to think my anti-NPO credentials are pretty solid. I, too, have a problem with how the Grämlins are keeping IRON at war. Do you care to actually address those concerns or are you just desperately trying to throw any character attacks you can find at people with whom you disagree?

Yeah, Starfox, that's just plain untrue. A lot of people did not support NPO holding people (well, only FAN, right?) at eternal war either.

TBB, you're not as important as you think you are.

Alterego, please don't call it 'Shamlins', Shamshir is a pretty good guy and it's not his fault things are going where they are.

[quote name='Chickenzilla' date='13 April 2010 - 01:02 AM' timestamp='1271134923' post='2258359']
rofl. As much as I disagree with what the Grämlins are doing, I don't think that you can scare them into doing anything.
[/quote]

My intent is not to scare them in to do anything, simply to let them know anything that happens from that time foward is on their heads. I do not want any future crying that they were not given a chance to solve things on their own. If they can not manage that then others will solve it for them. The simple concept they do not grasp is this. If IRON and DAWN were to accept a demand like unconditonal surrender then it would set a precedent for others to follow. Every alliance ends up loosing a war now and again. And no alliance wants to be given a demand like unconditional surrender. And that is why you see alliances on all sides upset. Allowing Gramlins to succeed in this is a grave threat to the security to every alliance on Planet Bob no matter where in the political spectrum they fall.

[/quote]

All of us did? I think you overestimate. Check with the few remaining MHA old guard and see what my opinions were on that.

[quote name='Starfox101' date='13 April 2010 - 11:44 AM' timestamp='1271151864' post='2258564']

[/quote]

I guess it's the difference of whether one looks to:[list=a]
[*] what is the general standard of given community
[*] what are the highest standards to look up to
[*] what one can get away with.[/list]

The first option I listed is also the one that is most commonly held in any group. To question community standards is to question community itself (at least for some), which is one of the reasons why so many people voiced their opinions regardless of general political interests, and/or alignment.

/me goes back into the shadow to twiddle his thumbs.

[quote name='Starfox101' date='13 April 2010 - 10:44 AM' timestamp='1271151864' post='2258564']

[/quote]
Two wrongs do not make a right Starfox, and i know plenty of people who lived under a Pacifican jackboot who also disagree with Gre's aims towards IRON and DAWN.

[quote name='Cataduanes' date='13 April 2010 - 09:09 AM' timestamp='1271164127' post='2258629']
Two wrongs do not make a right Starfox, and i know plenty of people who lived under a Pacifican jackboot who also disagree with Gre's aims towards IRON and DAWN.
[/quote]
I'm happy you disagree with their aims.

The question is for all those currently paying lip service to this issue, will you stand in the way of this getting handled? Will you attempt to put restrictions on what DAWN and IRON can do to bring this situation to a close? Will you passively enable these "friends" to continue down this path? The answers to those questions are the only words that matter at this point.

[quote name='Starfox101' date='13 April 2010 - 05:44 AM' timestamp='1271151864' post='2258564']

[/quote]

:facepalm: Two Wrongs don't make a right...What was wrong before , what makes you think it right now... Hypocrite

[/quote]

While normally you would be right (the amount of hypocrisy around today is disgusting to anyone with a memory) ,but in this case its pretty much universal as to who finds this retarded.

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='13 April 2010 - 04:11 AM' timestamp='1271128270' post='2258247']
You know I have had about enough of this. If Gramlins has not settled this by the end of this week I am going to become active again with one goal in mind. I do not think many people have any idea what I do but, I assure you, when I am done you will. I expect no response or perhaps even some giggles, as what could little ole me do after all. And I assure that will just give me the motivation to have some real fun again.
[/quote]

[img]http://www.mikenjudy.net/professor_chaos.jpg[/img]

lol, go get'um big guy.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='13 April 2010 - 06:57 AM' timestamp='1271156210' post='2258587']
Starfox when six different people call you out like this, two of which were on your side of the war, you know you're pretty wrong.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Now I don't agree with Fox on this one either, but seriously, I don't think he cares whether or not he has your approval.[/color]

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='13 April 2010 - 09:05 AM' timestamp='1271167503' post='2258671']
Let them go, Grämlins. You might have a "gotcha!!!" easy set of terms ready for them once they accept what you want them to, but, just, give those terms now, let them go.
[/quote]

this made me wonder something.

[img]http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/britney_alone.jpg[/img]
[size="4"]LEAVE IRON AND DAWN ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

how come no one has done this yet? :P

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='13 April 2010 - 09:27 AM' timestamp='1271168856' post='2258679']
lol, nice, Doch, nice one!

edit : this seems more apt in this case though : [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EfwBWgg0"]Go Down Moses : Louis Armstrong[/url]
[/quote]

now you have me imagining Chris Crocker singing this song but still having Louis's voice.... and that is just a weird image. :P