The New Grämlins

Iotupa

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='21 June 2010 - 10:55 PM' timestamp='1277157314' post='2345685']
Many of the people who left were Archons, so I don't really understand your point. The base members' (Zealot) votes counted for [i]more[/i] when people like LM, HellAngel, Celial, Syz etc were leaving.
[/quote]

The problem was that by the time the people like HellAngel and Syz realised they just wern't interested enough and left, the damage had been done,
a whole genaration of decent members had become frustrated with the lack of opportunity and left,

by the time we began to make any progress on sorting out the ranks and promotions we then faced the problems of there being too few people with the experiance and activity to fill these posts,

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='flak attack' date='22 June 2010 - 01:25 AM' timestamp='1277151892' post='2345577']
I believe a certain other alliance dealt the deathblow to Cit. I think it had something to do with a member abandoning a second member so they could hit that second member's MDoAP partner without a CB.
[/quote]

Are you talking about Gre's actions in Karma where they hit a partner's MDoAP ally? Koz I cant recall us attacking MHA since ever.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='shahenshah' date='22 June 2010 - 07:25 AM' timestamp='1277205883' post='2346434']
Are you talking about Gre's actions in Karma where they hit a partner's MDoAP ally? Koz I cant recall us attacking MHA since ever.
[/quote]

I believe he is referring to TOP attacking Umbrella's MDoAP partner (MK).

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='22 June 2010 - 04:31 PM' timestamp='1277206244' post='2346437']
I believe he is referring to TOP attacking Umbrella's MDoAP partner (MK).
[/quote]

Ah ok, tho maybe he's unaware of Ramirus offering IRON a chance to back-stab TOP while he led Gramlins and was in Citadel, and this is before TPF war. I made my statement in that reference.

Edited by shahenshah

I was going to write this long entertaining summary of the entire thread for the last three forums-goers who've never clicked on it (even if by accident), using a theoretical anthropomorphic conversation between Gre and IRON as if the two were negotiating over tea and crumpets. Then I remembered I hate crumpets and I don't care nearly enough to actually write it. So, just a quick tl;dr:

lolGre
You're losing the PR, moral and in-game battlefields.
Surrender already. Thanks.

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' date='22 June 2010 - 03:28 AM' timestamp='1277198910' post='2346409']
So I have this theory. Gre actually colluded with IRON to keep this war going in order to delay IRON's paying of their reps indefinitely. Gre was actually on IRON's side all along! :v:[/quote]
Just wait til the merger.
No one's gonna see that one coming.

I'm frankly not sure what crumpets are. BRB wikipedia.

Edit: They are apparently very similar to English Muffins, which I love. So. Uh. Hey, this is a thread about Grämlins! They really should surrender/accept white peace already.

Edited by Geoffron X

[quote name='FreddieMercury' date='22 June 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1277258997' post='2347151']
tl;dr please?

:lol1:
[/quote]

Gramlins (through MatthewPK): you have done horrible, evil things, and you must surrender and pay for your crimes.

IRON (echoed by the peanut gallery): we did surrender...in April. And we'd start paying, but someone decided to continue the war.

Gramlins: not like that. Really, truly surrender, with every fiber of your being. Surrender unconditionally.

IRON: ...and what does that mean in this context?

Gramlins: not telling.

IRON: don't like the sounds of that.

Gramlins: it's not so bad. If you don't like it, you can unsurrender!

IRON: surrender doesn't work that way. And unsurrender isn't even a word, much less a practicable concept...see, look at the red squiggly line below it. And there's, like, only four of you left, so we don't really see much need to surrender.

Gramlins: and that's why you're evil.

Add roughly 1500 posts arguing the definition of various words, another 2000 repeating arguments made earlier in the thread but since forgotten, ~300 asserting that some corner of the 'verse is worse than the Hegemony, a thorough discussion of Gramlins' history and political structure, a Guinness record for most uses of the phrase "reading comprehension" in an ongoing argument, and you pretty much have it.

[quote name='FreddieMercury' date='22 June 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1277258997' post='2347151']
tl;dr please?

:lol1:
[/quote]

[img]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd263/slimbooter/9W1RGz1277260889.jpg[/img]

/couldn't resist

[quote name='Schad' date='22 June 2010 - 09:24 PM' timestamp='1277259843' post='2347164']
Gramlins (through MatthewPK): you have done horrible, evil things, and you must surrender and pay for your crimes.

IRON (echoed by the peanut gallery): we did surrender...in April. And we'd start paying, but someone decided to continue the war.

Gramlins: not like that. Really, truly surrender, with every fiber of your being. Surrender unconditionally.

IRON: surrender doesn't work that way. And unsurrender isn't even a word, much less a practicable concept...see, look at the red squiggly line below it. And there's, like, only four of you left, so we don't really see much need to surrender.

Add roughly 1500 posts arguing the definition of various words, another 2000 repeating arguments made earlier in the thread but since forgotten, ~300 asserting that some corner of the 'verse is worse than the Hegemony, a thorough discussion of Gramlins' history and political structure, a Guinness record for most uses of the phrase "reading comprehension" in an ongoing argument, and you pretty much have it.
[/quote]

That's pretty good, Schad.

[quote name='Elendil' date='22 June 2010 - 11:30 PM' timestamp='1277263832' post='2347221']
So, are The Grämlins going to start hitting IRON nations now since a huge chunk of their top nations are out of peace mode and in range.
[/quote]
No, they're not. Also you're smart enough to know that. Matthew is now going on the "they're not really IRON nations" kick.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' date='22 June 2010 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1277264989' post='2347237']
At least one of the larger nations out of hippy is true IRON. Matt Miller should be out of hippy in a few days too.
[/quote]

Back out of hippy, no less. I don't know if you've been following, but a few pages back he put out some basic stats on a couple nations he dragged down to the meat grinder. If you have, then that statement was for those who didn't know :)

[quote name='Haflinger' date='23 June 2010 - 04:34 AM' timestamp='1277264040' post='2347227']
No, they're not. Also you're smart enough to know that. Matthew is now going on the "they're not really IRON nations" kick.
[/quote]
Yea, it's not like one of them has been in IRON for the past two years and the other has been there for almost one.

[quote name='Schad' date='22 June 2010 - 09:24 PM' timestamp='1277259843' post='2347164']

[/quote]
Perfect. End of thread.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='22 June 2010 - 10:34 PM' timestamp='1277264040' post='2347227']
[/quote]

We need to resolve this soon whether by diplomacy or blood atonement, I am getting very impatient playing this waiting game without any detectable progress. Those who want to continue the war need to embrace it and those that want peace need come to the bargaining table. Either we find some middle ground soon or we all ride to hell together.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='23 June 2010 - 12:39 AM' timestamp='1277267926' post='2347308']
Perfect. End of thread.
[/quote]

Nope. You forgot the posts by certain C&G members indicating they see no reason why IRON can't ignore the 800 lb. gorilla in the room and start making reparation payments before this train wreck is done, posts suggesting that if said C&G members want their money more quickly they can help finish off Gramlins, posts suggesting it is not in the best interest of said C&G members doing such a thing, a whole line of "what if we wanted to attack Gramlins?", "no don't do it, MHA will pound you", "ask permission", "permission denied", etc., etc.

[quote name='JimKongIl' date='23 June 2010 - 12:40 AM' timestamp='1277267991' post='2347313']
We need to resolve this soon whether by diplomacy or blood atonement, I am getting very impatient playing this waiting game without any detectable progress. Those who want to continue the war need to embrace it and those that want peace need come to the bargaining table. Either we find some middle ground soon or we all ride to hell together.
[/quote]

The rest of us are getting bored of this situation as well. At this point I think everyone has realized that diplomacy is pointless and you guys will have to crush gramlins badly enough until they overthrow ram and immediately accept white peace then disband. Or it might be something along those lines, but really the end result we want is this crap war over with so we can move on.