A Notice From Darkstar

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='30 March 2010 - 02:23 AM' timestamp='1269930201' post='2240948']
Goodbye Darkstar. Good luck to all your members in their future travels. MK is a good destination.

umm, dunno if it has been brought up before, does this push MK over the 200 member mark?
[/quote]
Assuming 100% come over, it would put us at 203, but that's unlikely when you consider the number of younger members Darkstar has.

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='relyt92' date='30 March 2010 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1269923441' post='2240827']
I'd just like to thank the alliance of SLAP for staying classy, recruiting from an AA not even 3 hours after this notice goes up, but recruiting multiple members more than once in under an hour. You guys seem to have great recruitment organization. Stay classy.
[/quote]

I'd also like to thank the guys at SLAP for reminding us all why we aren't going to join their alliance.

RIP Darkstar. Someday, with better planning and logistical systems, we may meet again.

[quote name='flak attack' date='30 March 2010 - 12:07 PM' timestamp='1269931022' post='2240954']
Assuming 100% come over, it would put us at 203, but that's unlikely when you consider the number of younger members Darkstar has.
[/quote]

aww man. i was digging the idea of a shroom badge to wear to this international discussion venue.

I could say something along the lines of sorry this happen, but I would rather offer a positive outlook.
Surely your peoples shall prosper, therefore Darkstar did not perish or extinguish but transform and create growth.
Such is the way of CN. Live long and prosper, brothers. :wub:

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='30 March 2010 - 09:41 AM' timestamp='1269938498' post='2240996']
aww man. i was digging the idea of a shroom badge to wear to this international discussion venue.
[/quote]
Don't worry MK will not fail you :smug:

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='30 March 2010 - 11:41 AM' timestamp='1269938498' post='2240996']
[/quote]

well something to that extent will be delivered :smug:

[quote name='bros2' date='30 March 2010 - 09:25 PM' timestamp='1269950105' post='2241033']
MK is like a box of chocolates.

some has nougat.

some are from darkstar
[/quote]
bros: philosopher of the 21st century :v:

Best of luck to former Darkstar members in their new home.

[quote name='relyt92' date='29 March 2010 - 09:30 PM' timestamp='1269923441' post='2240827']
I'd just like to thank the alliance of SLAP for staying classy, recruiting from an AA not even 3 hours after this notice goes up, but recruiting multiple members more than once in under an hour. You guys seem to have great recruitment organization. Stay classy.
[/quote]
this. what a bunch of class act folks. I for sure can tell you where I WON'T be heading to now...

Edited by rrkilledme

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='30 March 2010 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1269987080' post='2241430']
You're an MK member now too, Cager, just what you wanted!
[/quote]

You know you've thought about flying the aqua and black...and white...and some green...and a bit of red...and, well, you get the idea.

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='31 March 2010 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1269993803' post='2241567']
You know you've thought about flying the aqua and black...and white...and some green...and a bit of red...and, well, you get the idea.
[/quote]

Heh, no, not in a million years.

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='30 March 2010 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1269987080' post='2241430']
You're an MK member now too, Cager, just what you wanted!
[/quote]

Was a member before Darkstar, and will be a member after. You were saying?.

Urrrgh, this is ridiculous. Waking up to find your alliance being absorbed by another, and then applying to the new one only to be treated like a child and expected to tediously recite the basics in some 'Academy' process, MK is treating our members like newbies and colonies, the least they could show is show respect an leniency to us, it's not like most of us chose to have our alliance get absorbed like this. Screw that, seriously.

Edited by President Buseje

[quote name='President Buseje' date='31 March 2010 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1270009832' post='2241859']
Urrrgh, this is ridiculous. Waking up to find your alliance being absorbed by another, and then applying to the new one only to be treated like a child and expected to tediously recite the basics in some 'Academy' process, MK is treating our members like newbies and colonies, the least they could show is show respect an leniency to us, it's not like most of us chose to have our alliance get absorbed like this. Screw that, seriously.
[/quote]

A large majority of the people that were in Darkstar did not know the basics well, if at all. It was my choice to have people go through the exams. If I didn't want them, then I would have asked for the exams to be waived - but I believed it necessary for most of the people who were in Darkstar to take the exams, especially because of the IRC interaction part of the exam.

It is not "MK" who you should blame for you having to go through the academy process - it is I.

[quote name='Lord of Destruction' date='31 March 2010 - 12:36 AM' timestamp='1270010156' post='2241864']
A large majority of the people that were in Darkstar did not know the basics well, if at all. It was my choice to have people go through the exams. If I didn't want them, then I would have asked for the exams to be waived - but I believed it necessary for most of the people who were in Darkstar to take the exams, especially because of the IRC interaction part of the exam.

It is not "MK" who you should blame for you having to go through the academy process - it is I.
[/quote]

So making me come back to the game AND make me do the exams over again. LoD is notching high marks!.

[quote name='President Buseje' date='31 March 2010 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1270009832' post='2241859']
[/quote]

We make [b]everyone[/b] do the academy. If you truly know your stuff then it shouldn't be a problem.