Impressive alliances

Divi Filius

[quote name='Hayzell' date='26 February 2010 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1267241030' post='2205764']
After fighting 7 MKers I'm willing to admit that (most of them) they are pretty good.

tR was surprising in how well they did, and on our side TSO and TORN put up a crazy fight, pound for pound.

In my opinion TOP has been the most impressive alliance involved in this war.
[/quote]

Trying to spy on you made me want to slit my wrists. I don't think one worked. And your SDI brought down a fair amount of my nukes.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kaliph' date='27 February 2010 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1267288891' post='2206603']
i have to give my dues to TORN, their aid system is very good. just when you think you got the enemy they get 6 mil in aid, and the tables are turned.
[/quote]

Yeah TORN can move billions

I would say MK was good as far as I heard, but honestly I didn't fight any good ones in the war. And sadly after a month of continuos war for me, fighting fully isn't realistic, so I can't say much about my current wars.

And for admin sake, keep Archon in peace mode next time, he is disgracing your military name. :P

edit: OMFG and Legion were great!

Edited by ROMMELHSQ

[quote name='ROMMELHSQ' date='27 February 2010 - 11:54 AM' timestamp='1267289870' post='2206628']
And for admin sake, keep Archon in peace mode next time, he is disgracing your military name. :P
[/quote]

The legend lives on :smug:

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='27 February 2010 - 12:44 PM' timestamp='1267292897' post='2206702']
The legend lives on :smug:
[/quote]
This just proves you're the new hegemony! The NPO emperors are infamous for their horrific actual fighting skills! :P

[quote name='Instr' date='27 February 2010 - 08:28 AM' timestamp='1267255905' post='2206219']
ODN performed much better than I had expected and are a solid and reliable military alliance.

TOP is still one of the loss-leaders of this war; with something around 60% NS loss from peak. At the present point, they are taking very little infra-damage as they are rebuying infra as fast as we can smash it. They'll take warchest damage for this tactic, but they have decent enough warchests to last a while.

That said, some TOP members coordinated pretty well, and I'm ashamed to say I never managed to interrupt even one attack from Crymson, Telchar, and Stukov. That round, I lost 7k infra, but I bought back to 5k afterwards.
[/quote]
We're rebuying to 1k infra to lob nukes at our opponents with higher infra levels. Each of ours nukes does 10 or 20 times in damage to what we lose (guys with higher tech do even bigger damage). Warchest "damage" is worth it from a military standpoint. Oh and your rebuying to 5k "damaged" yours as well :).

I'm fighting 21 days straight, most of that time with 3 nations on me and rarely has anyone co-ordinated against me. Most attacks were at predictable times too each day. Since VE jumped on us two of their guys are having success as 20+ days in a row of getting nuked has slightly hampered my ability to respond as strong as I'd like. All the opponents I've fought were decent guys but not great co-ordinators considering they had the numbers advantage to pick and choose targets. I'd probably have to say VE are the best organised as they've got me staggered with 2 properly sized nations to do damage to me and they're the only ones who spied away any of my nukes believe it or not. Still, I suppose it's all about the individuals you come up against.

In any case, I wish all my current and past opponents well. They've all been friendly and honourable during pm's.

[quote name='master splinter' date='27 February 2010 - 04:54 PM' timestamp='1267307873' post='2206963']
MK of course has been very impressive.

I'd also give a shout out to Dark Fist who surprised me with their fighting ability.
[/quote]

Was a pleasure exchanging nukes with you master splinter.

props to my opponets from FOK, I mean while my nation took a catastrophic hit in the time we were in the war... it didn't happen until FOK came in. So, while my fighters irratated me with knocking off ~13000 NS and most of my Infra, I can say that my final 3 opponets were far better than my first few in this war. Karma was a decent war, I mean I came out better pixel wise, but none of my opponets were not as enjoyable as they were this time.

[quote name='Saber' date='27 February 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1267296410' post='2206775']
We're rebuying to 1k infra to lob nukes at our opponents with higher infra levels. Each of ours nukes does 10 or 20 times in damage to what we lose (guys with higher tech do even bigger damage). Warchest "damage" is worth it from a military standpoint. Oh and your rebuying to 5k "damaged" yours as well :).
[/quote]

Believe it or not, you can still find ways to rebuy infra and still come out way ahead in your warchest. But, of course, I would expect such a military genius like yourself to know that already. If you do, impressive :smug:

Edited by Commisar Gaunt

I never had the (mis)fortune of fighting them, but the top three FCC guys hit our top guys pretty hard. Had a nice tech advantage, but you guys still did a load of damage. One of our guys even broke into the top 5 NS lost over 7 days. Also props to Olivet of Toutatis who kept fighting back even when outmatched by far, I really appreciated you nuking me when the other guys I was fighting had 2k more tech :smug:

Also good job to Jhouserok of Azcrackistan, we traded off taking shots at each other and it was pretty even all in all. Although I'm sure that 18k infra vs my 12k helped a bit.

Of those i've fought personally. The FEAR nations i hit kind of rolled over, my intial TOP target was disapointing and so were my 2 IRON nations. 2nd wave i managed to find 3 incredibly active people (2 TOP 1 IRON) and combined with my sleep cycle being not update suited i took a lot of damage :P

From those i co-ordinated with, my own alliance of course impressed me. Outside of that the Dark Fist guys i dealt with did a stellar job as did Vanguard.

MK vs TOP was always going to be fun, the 2 most active alliances clashing is going to produce some amazing 1on1 battles (oyababy anybody?) and it was great fun to see the war was fought in a good spirit (on the front line at least)

Pleasure to fight you TOP.

Big props to Gramlins, every bit as tough as we knew they would be. This was my first time fighting alongside Zenith, and I was blown away by their ability - if Fark wouldn't have locked them down, we would have been doing pretty good.

Alliance that most impressed me, though, was NSO. Well done on all counts!

[quote name='The Great One' date='27 February 2010 - 07:14 PM' timestamp='1267319873' post='2207213']
I never had the (mis)fortune of fighting them, but the top three FCC guys hit our top guys pretty hard. Had a nice tech advantage, but you guys still did a load of damage. One of our guys even broke into the top 5 NS lost over 7 days. Also props to Olivet of Toutatis who kept fighting back even when outmatched by far, I really appreciated you nuking me when the other guys I was fighting had 2k more tech :smug:

Also good job to Jhouserok of Azcrackistan, we traded off taking shots at each other and it was pretty even all in all. Although I'm sure that 18k infra vs my 12k helped a bit.
[/quote]
This is very true, a lot of FCC was underwhelming, but the top nations hit very hard and are not bad at the war engine by any stretch of the imagination.

[quote name='The Great One' date='28 February 2010 - 01:14 AM' timestamp='1267319873' post='2207213']

[/quote]
Did I mention how much that helped me out? I was even able to blockade him afterwards. :P