Imperial Announcement from the New Pacific Order

Cortath

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='16 February 2010 - 01:54 AM' timestamp='1266303267' post='2185093']
Yes I did, did you read the part where you guys claimed FOK agreed to waive reps? ;)
[/quote]Not that it isn't fun to read generally, but I swear you really do like arguing for the sake of arguing sometimes :P

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Earogema' date='16 February 2010 - 08:52 AM' timestamp='1266303169' post='2185090']
According to the wiki, Tromp is FOK's DMoFA and he said you hadn't spoken to them in this very thread.

Though it is possible to chalk that up to communication error. I have no idea m'self.
[/quote]

I do not believe that Tromp is currently a member of FOK's government, however if I am mistaken, I am quite sure that he could quite easily verify that the waiver is real and FOK government agreed to it.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='15 February 2010 - 11:54 PM' timestamp='1266303267' post='2185093']
Yes I did, did you read the part where you guys claimed FOK agreed to waive reps? ;)
[/quote]

Yeah...

Again, have you even been reading my posts?

I've already said multiple times that FOK agreed to a suspension of reps and minimums on their part. GOD demanded that we continue with reps to them, so we are. What is so confusing about this?

[quote name='Tromp' date='16 February 2010 - 06:32 AM' timestamp='1266298320' post='2184801']
Just to correct this: NPO didn't talk to FOK as far as I am aware.
[/quote]

Well after this a clarification regarding FOKs position in this thread would have greatly increased your credibility. But I can imagine you've found some FOK member who told it was fine to waive the reps. I'm not so sure they had the proper authority though.

Anyways until the logs arrive or some alliances issue official statements this will not be cleared up anyway. So I'll continue not taking this seriously and I'll also enjoy getting some reps for a change.

Hail Pacifica

Wow then, this does make things interesting if not ONE BIG [b]DAMN OXYMORON[/b]

Who's wise idea was it not to suspend the reps from NPO to GOD? :gag:

Anycase seems this whole war has gone to utter custard. while might as well declare a mass [b]Global and TOTAL UTTER WAR [/b]and everyone just declare on everyone else for the :wub: and :gag: and :nuke:

Edited by Palpatine001

[quote name='Jesse End' date='16 February 2010 - 01:57 AM' timestamp='1266303451' post='2185103']
Yeah...

Again, have you even been reading my posts?

I've already said multiple times that FOK agreed to a suspension of reps and minimums on their part. GOD demanded that we continue with reps to them, so we are. What is so confusing about this?
[/quote]

Well yes of course they would on their part, they're not due any reps.

[quote name='Leigon' date='16 February 2010 - 01:42 AM' timestamp='1266302520' post='2185061']
And honestly GOD doesn't have to follow in your footsteps to be seen as the bad guys. We were already hated when noone dared hate you yet.
[/quote]
I think that for a long time nobody cared about your alliance to be quite honest, let alone care enough to hate you more than people have hated the New Pacific Order in the past. That's a pretty bold statement, and it didn't make you sound tough, either.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='16 February 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1266300511' post='2184959']
Asking an alliance to hold its end of surrender terms it agreed to in order to get an edge in a war? You're somehow calling that a [i]bad[/i] thing?
[/quote]

It's not an edge when it opens GOD up to more attacks when they have to defend Pacifica from the people attacking Pacifica as GOD is one of the protectors of Pacifica under the surrender terms. Of course you'll say its ok for GOD to not fight those fronts because they're so heavily engaged in battles.

The Noble Soldiers of Pacifica pour out our blood to right our wrongs and see to it our government changes in ways desired by the rest of Bob to make us a more noble and honorable force.

And folks still try to hog-tie us into external conflicts with their mechanisms. *snorts* If GOD wants reps, GOD will have their reps. The others have made their own choices based on their perspective of fairness. If GOD and they disagree it is their dispute not ours, we must simply abide by our agreements.

The more the world changes, the more it stays the same, just under different colors. I assure you, we will not be the first to raise our hands in this dispute. Our hands have been bound and we are content in our bondage until our duties are fulfilled. Let them rattle their sabers at us, we are too humbled and our courage to great to be any further shaken.

[quote name='Leigon' date='16 February 2010 - 01:03 AM' timestamp='1266303788' post='2185113']
Anyways until the logs arrive or some alliances issue official statements this will not be cleared up anyway. So I'll continue not taking this seriously and I'll also enjoy getting some reps for a change.
[/quote]

Who really expects you to be serious at this point?

However I will send you reps right now if only you were currently engaged with NpO and/or NSO. This is necessary for me to receive the kick back they promised me for using you as a middle man for our Super Sekrit Ebil Tech agreement.

[quote name='flak attack' date='16 February 2010 - 12:26 AM' timestamp='1266297983' post='2184773']
You know, I just remembered something funny. NPO never gave GPA such a gift, even when NPO was fighting Wolfpack, [b]Illuminati[/b] and GATO and friends and the aid was in violation of GPA's law and the neutrality enforcements made by NPO. Surely I can't be the first to notice that. Good job giving them what they deserve GOD.

No, I would say NPO has set a pretty good precedent that they feel otherwise.
[/quote]
Can't say anything about the other two (both wars are from before Invicta was allied to either NPO or Wolfpack), but NPO never fought Illuminati. This is high historical revision.

We did, though. So did GOD. :v:

[quote name='Mixoux' date='16 February 2010 - 01:25 AM' timestamp='1266301550' post='2185008']
I just want to know whether or not we were [i]truly[/i] the only ones to disagree with the suspension. All I've heard so far from my allies is that this wasn't the case, and until that gets cleared up, (or leaders from the respective alliances make an official statement) this thread is just going to continue spiraling back and forth between who is right and who is wrong.
[/quote]
This seems like a reasonable request; however, in the current political climate, I sorta doubt you'll get any honest replies on the subject from the people you want the answers from.

[quote name='Comrade Korey' date='16 February 2010 - 08:07 AM' timestamp='1266304034' post='2185122']
I think that for a long time nobody cared about your alliance to be quite honest, let alone care enough to hate you more than people have hated the New Pacific Order in the past. That's a pretty bold statement, and it didn't make you sound tough, either.
[/quote]

Hm that might have come out differently than i meant it anyway. Of course pacifica had more hidden enemies. But we've had our fair bit of open hostility. Polar was actually pretty good in that.

Edited by Leigon

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='16 February 2010 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1266304017' post='2185121']
Well yes of course they would on their part, they're not due any reps.
[/quote]

Yep, and as a signatory of our terms, and enforcing our monthly minimums, it's good to see that they understand the logic of GOD not having enough aid slots to possibly meet minimums. I'm glad we agree on this. :)

[quote name='Fireandthepassion' date='16 February 2010 - 02:09 AM' timestamp='1266304140' post='2185125']
It's not an edge when it opens GOD up to more attacks when they have to defend Pacifica from the people attacking Pacifica as GOD is one of the protectors of Pacifica under the surrender terms. Of course you'll say its ok for GOD to not fight those fronts because they're so heavily engaged in battles.
[/quote]

The people attacking Pacifica would be the same people GOD are fighting anyway.

[quote name='Jesse End' date='16 February 2010 - 02:12 AM' timestamp='1266304366' post='2185135']
Yep, and as a signatory of our terms, and enforcing our monthly minimums, it's good to see that they understand the logic of GOD not having enough aid slots to possibly meet minimums. I'm glad we agree on this. :)
[/quote]

Well yes, they agreed that GOD didn't have enough slots to meet the minimum, not that reps should be waved just because of a war or whatever ;)

[quote name='Leigon' date='15 February 2010 - 11:03 PM' timestamp='1266303788' post='2185113']
Well after this a clarification regarding FOKs position in this thread would have greatly increased your credibility. But I can imagine you've found some FOK member who told it was fine to waive the reps. I'm not so sure they had the proper authority though.

[/quote]

Have patiences young padawan. All things in good time. As for reparations, by our list, you are not current slated to be sent any. Please forward all complaints and grievances to Xiphosis

Edited by Zeta Defender

[quote name='Leigon' date='16 February 2010 - 01:12 AM' timestamp='1266304333' post='2185134']
Hm that might have come out differently than i meant it anyway. Of course pacifica had more hidden enemies. But we've had our fair bit of open hostility. Polar was actually pretty good in that.
[/quote]

Are you going to act the dislike isn't mutual and GOD didn't do the same hating in public? Xiphosis hates Grub. Grub hates Xiphosis. If Xiphosis would have let the grudge go, unlikely if we consider the EZI of KM, I'm sure we in Polaris would have been more than happy to forget how unimportant GOD really is.

[quote name='NoFish' date='16 February 2010 - 12:21 AM' timestamp='1266301291' post='2184996']
I can't pick one particular post to reply to, but let me just say this: If NPO wanted reps to be postponed in the event of a war, they should have had it written into the surrender agreement.
[/quote]

I'm amused by the whole thread. And I was thinking something very similar to you. I believe that standard surrender terms should state that in case the receiving nations go to war, reps should be suspended for the duration of the war to avoid this sort of thing.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='16 February 2010 - 12:48 AM' timestamp='1266302920' post='2185081']
So you got permission to send aid below the minimum requirements, not just having them waived?
[/quote]

As I read this, no reps are being waived by anyone. They are being delayed (with the exception of GOD), and the terms about minimum monthly payments are being waved for the duration.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='16 February 2010 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1266303267' post='2185093']
[/quote]

No, I didn't read that. I read several posts saying that no reps are owed to FOK. I'd assume that's because FOK has already received all of their reps. What FOK has (assuming the OP is correct) agreed to is to waive the terms about minimum monthly payments.

I've no first hand knowledge, and I'm not involved. That's just how I understand things from what's in the thread.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='16 February 2010 - 12:15 AM' timestamp='1266304510' post='2185137']Well yes, they agreed that GOD didn't have enough slots to meet the minimum, not that reps should be waved just because of a war or whatever ;)
[/quote]

Yeah, and again, like I've said many times already, GOD demanded us to continue paying reps, so we are.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='16 February 2010 - 01:15 AM' timestamp='1266304510' post='2185137']
The people attacking Pacifica would be the same people GOD are fighting anyway.

Well yes, they agreed that GOD didn't have enough slots to meet the minimum, not that reps should be waved just because of a war or whatever ;)
[/quote]

Uhhh... except there are few Polaris allies engaged at the moment that I'm sure wouldn't mind defending Polaris from the evils of the Pacifican war machine.

[quote name='Zeta Defender' date='16 February 2010 - 08:15 AM' timestamp='1266304538' post='2185138']
Have patiences young padawan. All things in good time. As for reparations, by our list, you are not current slated to be sent any. Please forward all complaints and grievances to Xiphosis
[/quote]

Maybe because I am in peace mode at the moment? I used to receive them when you last sent them some month ago at least. I will fill out the complaints and grievances Lost form though.

[quote name='Baldr' date='16 February 2010 - 02:18 AM' timestamp='1266304709' post='2185146']

As I read this, no reps are being waived by anyone. They are being delayed (with the exception of GOD), and the terms about minimum monthly payments are being waved for the duration.

[/quote]

I'm kind of interested in the alliances which are allowing the delay and not just those like FOK whom have no reps due to them anyway.

[quote name='Jesse End' date='16 February 2010 - 02:18 AM' timestamp='1266304712' post='2185147']
Yeah, and again, like I've said many times already, GOD demanded us to continue paying reps, so we are.
[/quote]

Yup. Glad you agree that FOK also agreed to lower the minimum reps sent was just because of logistics and not because of this huge war or anything though ;)

One of the things I find funny here is how everyone seems to assume that the NPO is glad to delay paying the reps, even though it means that it'll take longer to get all of the reps paid. I doubt they like being under terms, and until the reps are paid, they'll be under terms.

They've been paying reps since Sept 1st, five and a half months ago. Chances are, if it were not for artificial limitations added by Karma (limits on "only nations who ended the war with over 1,000 tech can send the tech part of the reps") and limitations due to aid slots, if they could just put all the money/tech owed into one pile and send it, they could pay off all the reps right now.

I'm pretty sure that they don't want to prolong the time they are under terms.

But this is apparently another plot by the evil NPO to stay under terms as long as possible.