Imperial Announcement from the New Pacific Order

Cortath

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='16 February 2010 - 01:33 AM' timestamp='1266302025' post='2185030']
Makes you wonder how they got them to waive their reps then, no?
[/quote]

I don't know. I have paid exactly zero attention to the whole reps situation outside of this thread. I do know that once, when STA owed reps to a few alliances from the noCB war, a couple of the alliances declined to accept them. Of course, we still ended up owing them. Valhalla divied it up amongst their friends. But my point is that there are a few reasons why, including that they have paid them off or that FoK refused them.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='NoFish' date='16 February 2010 - 01:36 AM' timestamp='1266302185' post='2185045']
That may be true (the terms don't say to whom the reps are to be paid, and I've never bothered to check), but they also said they talked to all 15 alliances.
[/quote]
[quote name='Jesse End' date='16 February 2010 - 01:36 AM' timestamp='1266302166' post='2185042']
I answered you already on this earlier. Even though we don't owe them anything, [b]FOK agreed to a suspension on reps/minimums.[/b]
[/quote]
How many times must this be stated for it to get through to you?

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='16 February 2010 - 08:33 AM' timestamp='1266302025' post='2185030']
Makes you wonder how they got them to waive their reps then, no?
[/quote]

Their names are on the surrender agreement that subjects us to keeping up with minimal monthly quotas. They were informed of our request and through their representative got back to us with the decision of allowing the suspension of the payments while the global war is being waged on at full scale.

To NoFish wondering who else will come out of the woodwork: I have to say I have the same question, I hope this amusement continues :)

[quote name='pezstar' date='16 February 2010 - 01:36 AM' timestamp='1266302214' post='2185049']
I don't know. I have paid exactly zero attention to the whole reps situation outside of this thread. I do know that once, when STA owed reps to a few alliances from the noCB war, a couple of the alliances declined to accept them. Of course, we still ended up owing them. Valhalla divied it up amongst their friends. But my point is that there are a few reasons why, including that they have paid them off or that FoK refused them.
[/quote]

My point was that they're using the fact that FOK didn't have any reps due to them remaining as them agreeing to waive reps when they clearly had none left to waive and therefore are using it as added leverage to paint GOD in a worse light.

[quote name='Branimir' date='16 February 2010 - 07:18 AM' timestamp='1266301136' post='2184986']
Unclear, really.

It is not known if GPA asked for the suspension or not, nobody remembers since it was two years ago,....

Also you should be careful in fallowing us-- we were called the "evil Empire" and were a subject of an attack by this "morally superior coalition",...I suppose not that much,...
[/quote]

Actually few of my posts were very serious, as i cannot take this whole thread serious. I very much doubt you talked to all involved alliances or got everyones agreement. But it's not my place to ask for the logs for GOD. If you want to give them to me as a nation I'd be happy to review them and make up an informed opinion. As it is Fok has already contested officially that anyone ever talked to them. While you may have no rep payments to them, that doesn't increase your credibility either.

And honestly GOD doesn't have to follow in your footsteps to be seen as the bad guys. We were already hated when noone dared hate you yet.

So could I get those logs now?

[quote name='Weirdgus' date='16 February 2010 - 01:38 AM' timestamp='1266302325' post='2185052']
Their names are on the surrender agreement that subjects us to keeping up with minimal monthly quotas. They were informed of our request and through their representative got back to us with the decision of allowing the suspension of the payments while the global war is being waged on at full scale.

To NoFish wondering who else will come out of the woodwork: I have to say I have the same question, I hope this amusement continues :)
[/quote]

Well yes of course they'd allow you to suspend payments to them, they have none coming to themselves. People whom still had reps due to them are the important ones in this matter.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='16 February 2010 - 01:40 AM' timestamp='1266302424' post='2185056']
My point was that they're using the fact that FOK didn't have any reps due to them remaining as them agreeing to waive reps when they clearly had none left to waive and therefore are using it as added leverage to paint GOD in a worse light.
[/quote]

Yeah. I figured that out after I replied. I'm having a dumb night.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='16 February 2010 - 01:40 AM' timestamp='1266302424' post='2185056']
[/quote]As has been amply demonstrated by NoFish, it is sometimes necessary to get superfluous agreements or some will complain.

*shrugs*

Edited by F15pilotX

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='15 February 2010 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1266302424' post='2185056']
[/quote]

As a signatory of our surrender terms, FOK still enforces our minimum reps requirements.

GOD doesn't have enough aid slots, total, to even come close to our minimum requirements, so we even contacted those that we don't owe any reps to. We wanted to make sure we covered all our bases. :)

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='16 February 2010 - 08:42 AM' timestamp='1266302569' post='2185063']
Well yes of course they'd allow you to suspend payments to them, they have none coming to themselves. People whom still had reps due to them are the important ones in this matter.
[/quote]

That is rather different from claiming we did not contact FOK because they were done receiving our reparations as you stated just a few posts earlier, is it not?

[quote name='Jesse End' date='16 February 2010 - 07:36 AM' timestamp='1266302166' post='2185042']
I answered you already on this earlier. Even though we don't owe them anything, FOK agreed to a suspension on reps/minimums.
[/quote]

Did FOK state this in this thread and did i miss it or is that another part of those mysterious logs?

[quote name='Leigon' date='16 February 2010 - 01:46 AM' timestamp='1266302817' post='2185076']
Did FOK state this in this thread and did i miss it or is that another part of those mysterious logs?
[/quote]I didn't realize Fok had to state that [b]in this thread[/b] or it didn't happen. :v:

edit - grammar.

Edited by F15pilotX

[quote name='Jesse End' date='16 February 2010 - 01:45 AM' timestamp='1266302718' post='2185071']
As a signatory of our surrender terms, FOK still enforces our minimum reps requirements.

GOD doesn't have enough aid slots, total, to even come close to our minimum requirements, so we even contacted those that we don't owe any reps to. We wanted to make sure we covered all our bases. :)
[/quote]

So you got permission to send aid below the minimum requirements, not just having them waived?

[quote name='Weirdgus' date='16 February 2010 - 01:45 AM' timestamp='1266302729' post='2185073']
That is rather different from claiming we did not contact FOK because they were done receiving our reparations as you stated just a few posts earlier, is it not?
[/quote]

I never said you didn't contact FOK.

[quote name='Leigon' date='15 February 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1266302817' post='2185076']
[/quote]

Did you ask FOK? I'd be surprised if they are denying it.

I like the responses asking how it could hurt GOD to take the reps anyway.

Other than the possibility that alliances at war with GOD will now attack the NPO for war-aiding and thus force GOD and 14 others to now come directly to NPO's defense and if they cannot then they fail to fulfill their own surrender terms thus freeing Pacifica from its own obligations...

[quote name='JoshuaR' date='16 February 2010 - 01:50 AM' timestamp='1266303022' post='2185085']

Other than the possibility that alliances at war with GOD will now attack the NPO for war-aiding and thus force GOD and 14 others to now come directly to NPO's defense and if they cannot then they fail to fulfill their own surrender terms thus freeing Pacifica from its own obligations...
[/quote]And whose fault would that be? :P

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='15 February 2010 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1266302920' post='2185081']
So you got permission to send aid below the minimum requirements, not just having them waived?[/quote]

Yeah...because like I just said, GOD doesn't have enough aid slots for us to even come close to meeting the minimum requirements. Did you even read the post you quoted?

[quote name='JoshuaR' date='16 February 2010 - 12:50 AM' timestamp='1266303022' post='2185085']

[/quote]
I quite like that last part.

[quote name='Jesse End' date='16 February 2010 - 12:49 AM' timestamp='1266302959' post='2185084']
Did you ask FOK? I'd be surprised if they are denying it.
[/quote]
According to the wiki, Tromp is FOK's DMoFA and he said you hadn't spoken to them in this very thread.

Though it is possible to chalk that up to communication error. I have no idea m'self.

[quote name='JoshuaR' date='16 February 2010 - 12:50 AM' timestamp='1266303022' post='2185085']

[/quote]

shh, your giving away the whole plan! Only one alliance didnt see through our plot and your about to ruin our chances!

[quote name='Earogema' date='16 February 2010 - 12:52 AM' timestamp='1266303169' post='2185090']
According to the wiki, Tromp is FOK's DMoFA and he said you hadn't spoken to them in this very thread.

Though it is possible to chalk that up to communication error. I have no idea m'self.
[/quote]

Because whatever has happend just now in this thread is the only thing to have happened. I learned that in peek-a-boo. I'm sure once Tromp talks to the rest of his gov he'll see that we have indeed talked to them, its just a miscommunication.

Edited by muffasamini

[quote name='Jesse End' date='16 February 2010 - 01:51 AM' timestamp='1266303094' post='2185088']
Yeah...because like I just said, GOD doesn't have enough aid slots for us to even come close to meeting the minimum requirements. Did you even read the post you quoted?
[/quote]

Yes I did, did you read the part where you guys claimed FOK agreed to waive reps? ;)

[quote name='JoshuaR' date='15 February 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1266303022' post='2185085']

[/quote]

Yeah right, they'd probably use their inability to defend us from the act of war that they demanded we do as a reason to attack us. :P