Imperial Announcement from the New Pacific Order

Cortath

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize that an 'act of war' is an action short of military attack that can be construed to be a legitimate cause to actually go to war.

In this case, you don't actually find yourselves automatically at war, you'd have to wait to see if the people you've offended decide to go to war over the incident or not.

[quote name='Triyun' date='16 February 2010 - 12:09 AM' timestamp='1266296987' post='2184682']
No it just means you guys are cowards with big egos who stay in the bunker while your meat shields do the dirty work.
[/quote]

Am I reading this right?

OOC: You made me laugh IRL. Thank you.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='15 February 2010 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1266297523' post='2184738']
I don't see how anyone could claim that NPO is obligated to send reps while this war continues. It has always been understood that rep payments are suspended during war.

Of course, if NPO *wants* to send reps still, hey that's their decision.

Though I suppose this is a sign that GOD is hurting more than anything.
[/quote]

We don't want to commit an act of war, but we agreed to our surrender terms. If GOD refuses to be reasonable and demands that we send them aid while they are at war, we will still stick to our word.

You know, I just remembered something funny. NPO never gave GPA such a gift, even when NPO was fighting Wolfpack, Illuminati and GATO and friends and the aid was in violation of GPA's law and the neutrality enforcements made by NPO. Surely I can't be the first to notice that. Good job giving them what they deserve GOD.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='16 February 2010 - 12:18 AM' timestamp='1266297523' post='2184738']
I don't see how anyone could claim that NPO is obligated to send reps while this war continues. It has always been understood that rep payments are suspended during war.
[/quote]
No, I would say NPO has set a pretty good precedent that they feel otherwise.

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='Jesse End' date='16 February 2010 - 06:24 AM' timestamp='1266297867' post='2184765']
We don't want to commit an act of war, but we agreed to our surrender terms. If GOD refuses to be reasonable and demands that we send them aid while they are at war, we will still stick to our word.
[/quote]

Well you refused to send them while we were in peace so that's only fair I'd say. :P

[quote name='flak attack' date='15 February 2010 - 11:26 PM' timestamp='1266297983' post='2184773']
You know, I just remembered something funny. NPO never gave GPA such a gift, even when NPO was fighting Wolfpack, Illuminati and GATO and friends and the aid was in violation of GPA's law and the neutrality enforcements made by NPO. Surely I can't be the first to notice that. Good job giving them what they deserve GOD.

No, I would say NPO has set a pretty good precedent that they feel otherwise.
[/quote]
You are the first to remember because GPA never made pointless threads to remind everybody of precedents which do not exist.

[quote name='Earogema' date='16 February 2010 - 12:28 AM' timestamp='1266298106' post='2184783']
You are the first to remember because GPA never made pointless threads to remind everybody of precedents which do not exist.
[/quote]
If course not. We had class about it.

[quote name='NeCoHo' date='16 February 2010 - 06:08 AM' timestamp='1266296926' post='2184676']
@nofish

This isn't the TPF war. We contacted every alliance with the last couple of weeks, and as our Emperor Cortath says, 14 out of 15 had no issues with allowing the suspension of reps. I want to thank the alliances I dealt with in the matter, as they were prompt and polite throughout it all.

Try harder to make us look like the bad guys, GOD.
[/quote]
Just to correct this: NPO didn't talk to FOK as far as I am aware.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='16 February 2010 - 12:17 AM' timestamp='1266297425' post='2184731']
Considering a great deal of the people on the NPO front are, Karma aside, GOD allies and I just talked to them, no, it really isn't true. You guys posted this very prematurely as an amateurish PR ploy.
[/quote]

Well, Xiphosis, I have logs of conversations between the representatives of my government and the governments of every alliance we owe reparations to, including yours, and specifically, you.

But, Xiphosis, this is the pretty standard response from you folk. You get a thread you don't like it. You call it amateurish. You deny the facts point by point. This is your modus operandi.

The problem for you, Xiphosis, is that is just plain ol' Xiphosis. You're a nasty, vindictive fellow, who relishes twisting the dagger even when it doesn't suit you. You doth protest a bit too much, my friend, and it would be much more convincing if it didn't reek of something you would do.

Edited by Cortath

[quote name='Weirdgus' date='15 February 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1266297675' post='2184753']
So then, please name the alliances who we are paying reps to and refused to waiver them for the duration of the conflict except your own. That would be very interesting to learn since there isn't another one.
[/quote]

I believe some of the alliances in question are VE, FOK, RoK, and RnR.

[quote name='Jesse End' date='16 February 2010 - 12:24 AM' timestamp='1266297867' post='2184765']
[/quote]

What's unreasonable about having you uphold your surrender terms? It's a clear advantage for them to do so. Having them suspend it would be a foolish decision.

[quote name='Tromp' date='15 February 2010 - 09:32 PM' timestamp='1266298320' post='2184801']
Just to correct this: NPO didn't talk to FOK as far as I am aware.
[/quote]
According to my records, FOK has been contacted. Even if we did not, we currently owe you $0 and 0 tech, so I assume we have your implicit permission to stop sending you reps.

By the way, for those considering surrendering, the NPO POW camps have been rated Number 1 for more than three years running. Just check out this unsolicited praise from one of our guests:

[img]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3751/testimonialm.png[/img]

[quote name='RandomInterrupt' date='16 February 2010 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1266298745' post='2184834']
This is my new favorite moment of the whole war. GOD looking like even bigger jerks? NPO committing an (another) act of aggression on Polar? This is great!
[/quote]

So, when can we expect the retaliatory attack then?

[quote name='Cortath' date='15 February 2010 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1266295292' post='2184482']
The Order will not be requiring any reparations, decommissions, apologies, oaths, viceroys, permanent terms, secret terms, improvement destruction, wonder destruction, tech farming, peace mode activation, onerous aid restrictions and the like.

[/quote]
Guess there's a first time for everything!