Imperial Announcement from the New Pacific Order

Cortath

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='15 February 2010 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1266299406' post='2184878']
What's unreasonable about holding you to terms you agreed to in order to help them in a war they're fighting? Seems like a smart military choice.
[/quote]

If they want to force us to commit an act of war, sure, they are well within their rights to do so while they hold us under terms. As was already stated multiple times, we will stick to our word on our surrender terms.

[quote name='Raiizn' date='15 February 2010 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1266299790' post='2184901']
In that case a sharing of the logs, either privately or here, would help both sides, no?
[/quote]

I'm not a fan of log dumps, but if they are denying it, feel free to contact us for proof.

Edited by Jesse End

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Earogema' date='15 February 2010 - 10:59 PM' timestamp='1266299993' post='2184916']
Except one of your arguments was based on "precedents" which NPO would have set.
[/quote]

If we have the power to set precedents, consider us having just set a new one. :)

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='15 February 2010 - 11:17 PM' timestamp='1266297425' post='2184731']
Considering a great deal of the people on the NPO front are, Karma aside, GOD allies and I just talked to them, no, it really isn't true. You guys posted this very prematurely as an amateurish PR ploy.
[/quote]
Well then have them reply here then. So far your alliance is looking pretty bad. Undiplomatic and seeming to be in dire need of these reps to fuel your current wars - not my statement, just sayin whats been posted. So if it isn't true, then have the others that are also undiplomatic and in need of reps to fuel their current wars post there so they too look as equally as bad as you.

:smug:

[quote name='Earogema' date='16 February 2010 - 12:59 AM' timestamp='1266299993' post='2184916']
Except one of your arguments was based on "precedents" which NPO would have set.
[/quote]

Not a precedent I set, my friend, but a precedent widely agreed upon by the most of the world. It's considered a norm for such aid to stop.

But why does that matter to you? Any evil that was ever done in the world can be done by you, and it's okay, right? Stick with your principles man.

Wait wait..

Xiphosis/GOD acts like an arrogant vindictive jerk, then says that its ok because the NPO committed <insert just absolutely horrible act> years ago?

This is my shocked face:
[IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/MuffasaMini/Ca.jpg[/IMG]

No matter what you try to say, the fact remains that you are the sole alliance to demand the NPO continue the minimum rep payments during war.

[quote name='Cortath' date='16 February 2010 - 01:02 AM' timestamp='1266300158' post='2184932']
Not a precedent I set, my friend, but a precedent widely agreed upon by the most of the world. It's considered a norm for such aid to stop.

But why does that matter to you? Any evil that was ever done in the world can be done by you, and it's okay, right? Stick with your principles man.
[/quote]
If it's considered a norm, why didn't you do it?

[quote name='muffasamini' date='15 February 2010 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1266300286' post='2184939']
Wait wait..

Xiphosis/GOD acts like an arrogant vindictive jerk, then says that its ok because the NPO committed <insert just absolutely horrible act> years ago?

This is my shocked face:

No matter what you try to say, the fact remains that you are the sole alliance to demand the NPO continue the minimum rep payments during war.
[/quote]
Hey now... I don't think GPA asked for a suspension of payment. I think they always hated GATO and wanted to fund that war.

[quote name='Cortath' date='16 February 2010 - 06:58 AM' timestamp='1266299899' post='2184909']
At some point, NoFish, you, and the others like you who keep on spouting the "you did it" line, are going to have to find a new song to play. The whole "you were evil three years ago so we can be evil too" argument isn't going to serve you very well in a world that doesn't seem to like evil very much.
[/quote]

Oh poor you, is your history still catching up with you? As sad as that might be for you I doubt that using the precedents you set over the years against you will ever get old for most people here.

[quote name='Jesse End' date='16 February 2010 - 01:01 AM' timestamp='1266300064' post='2184923']
If they want to force us to commit an act of war, sure, they are well within their rights to do so while they hold us under terms. As was already stated multiple times, we will stick to our word on our surrender terms.
[/quote]

Well then yes, I agree they aren't being unreasonable ;)

[quote name='Cortath' date='16 February 2010 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1266300158' post='2184932']

[/quote]
I've never received reps in any alliance I was in. The only "evil" I've done is spying and aid scamming when I was at war with those alliances anyway. I'm okay with spying, and aid scamming, so go figure.

And yes, it isn't one you set specifically, however, are there any instances pre-dating this one where alliances suspended sending reps during a war?

I honestly don't know of any, just curious.

[quote name='muffasamini' date='15 February 2010 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1266300286' post='2184939']
Wait wait..

This is my shocked face:

[/quote]

Holding NPO to terms is hardly vindictive jerkiness. It was GOD's choice.

[quote name='muffasamini' date='16 February 2010 - 01:04 AM' timestamp='1266300286' post='2184939']

[/quote]

Asking an alliance to hold its end of surrender terms it agreed to in order to get an edge in a war? You're somehow calling that a [i]bad[/i] thing?

[quote name='muffasamini' date='16 February 2010 - 07:04 AM' timestamp='1266300286' post='2184939']
Wait wait..

This is my shocked face:

[/quote]

You mean the totally unproven allegation remains that you are the sole alliance to demand the NPO continue the minimum rep payments during war.

[quote name='NoFish' date='16 February 2010 - 01:06 AM' timestamp='1266300369' post='2184947']
[/quote]

Wait... what? We did follow this norm. You don't. But let me get this straight... You decide to break this "norm" and it is our fault?

[quote name='NoFish' date='15 February 2010 - 11:06 PM' timestamp='1266300369' post='2184947']
[/quote]

Have you heard of this thing called surrender terms?

[quote name='SonOfHoward' date='15 February 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1266300480' post='2184954']
[/quote]

Yep, and we are complying.

edit: response to the second quote instead of double posting

Edited by Jesse End

[quote name='SonOfHoward' date='16 February 2010 - 01:08 AM' timestamp='1266300480' post='2184954']
[/quote]

Apparently terms are only to be followed when the surrendered party feels like it.

It's so hard to keep up with community standards these days!

[quote name='Jesse End' date='16 February 2010 - 01:11 AM' timestamp='1266300662' post='2184966']
Have you heard of this thing called surrender terms?
[/quote]

I hope this was unintentional, I really and truly do.

Edit: Okay, I lied. That's bleeding hilarious.

Edited by Aurion

[quote]You mean the totally unproven allegation remains that you are the sole alliance to demand the NPO continue the minimum rep payments during war.[/quote]

You should start to backpedal on your argument there. I would drop it entirely, seeing what Cortath and others said but hey man, whatever :awesome:

[quote]Asking an alliance to hold its end of surrender terms it agreed to in order to get an edge in a war? You're somehow calling that a bad thing?[/quote]

Well, I heard this 14 alliances do not consider it a good form,....hmmm ;D

[quote name='NeCoHo' date='16 February 2010 - 07:09 AM' timestamp='1266300598' post='2184965']
Wait... what? We did follow this norm. You don't. But let me get this straight... You decide to break this "norm" and it is our fault?
[/quote]

I hate to say this, but...

Uhm, no?

You didn't follow the norm. This is almost the only point that is uncontested in this thread. You made GPA pay their reps during wartime. We're just following our great idols. You. Thank you for showing us the light. Without you we could never have done it. :smug:

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='16 February 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1266300511' post='2184959']
Asking an alliance to hold its end of surrender terms it agreed to in order to get an edge in a war? You're somehow calling that a [i]bad[/i] thing?
[/quote]

No, were going to pay them their terms as due. I'd say its a "[i]bad[/i] thing" to try and justify their choice by saying they aren't the only ones who choose to (which isnt even true) or that its ok because the NPO is evil, instead of admitting why they did it, To be petty and piss off the NPO in any little way they could. Too bad they are the only ones with such odd priorities, It's obvious they were expecting others to join them.

Edited by muffasamini

[quote name='Leigon' date='15 February 2010 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1266300897' post='2184972']
I hate to say this, but...

Uhm, no?

You didn't follow the norm. This is almost the only point that is uncontested in this thread. You made GPA pay their reps during wartime. We're just following our great idols. You. Thank you for showing us the light. Without you we could never have done it. :smug:
[/quote]

"We're only doing what you did years ago"

What a brave new world.

[quote name='Branimir' date='16 February 2010 - 01:14 AM' timestamp='1266300870' post='2184969']
Well, I heard this 14 alliances do not consider it a good form,....hmmm ;D
[/quote]

Fair enough, I still just consider it tactically smart for GOD to continue to want the payments that they're entitled to as it would help them during this war. Don't see how someone could argue against that particular point really.

I think this quite possible is one of the greatest events in the history of Bob.
NPO is complaining about having to break their neutrality and GOD is doing exactly what NPO made GPA do.
I had half expected GOD to pull some sort of stunt but the fact that it’s on NPO, for a move they once pulled, is just classic.
It’s like the world has started to come full circle.

Insert obligatory “NPO set the precedent years ago which makes it us ok to copy NPO.”

I really can’t express with words how amusing I find this to be. GOD helps to take out the NPO and then comes right back and does exactly what NPO did. Its proving again how great Bob can be.

[quote name='Aurion' date='15 February 2010 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1266300825' post='2184967']
Apparently terms are only to be followed when the surrendered party feels like it.

It's so hard to keep up with community standards these days!
[/quote]

I don't recall us ever trying to skirt the terms. We simply asked for a temporary halt, so we wouldn't be seen as making aggressive moves against other alliances by aiding their enemies. Apparently, it was a fairly reasonable request too otherwise your peers wouldn't have accepted it.

[quote name='muffasamini' date='16 February 2010 - 01:16 AM' timestamp='1266300971' post='2184975']
I'd say its a "[i]bad[/i] thing" to try and justify their choice by saying they aren't the only ones who choose to (which isnt even true) or that its ok because the NPO is evil, instead of admitting why they did it, To be petty and piss off the NPO in any little way they could. Too bad they are the only ones with such odd priorities, It's obvious they were expecting others to join them.
[/quote]

That's really their only justification? Not the fact that it's a terms that both parties agreed to and that it'll help GOD in this war?