Clarification from The Legion

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kindom of Goon' date='12 February 2010 - 03:50 AM' timestamp='1265946628' post='2176370']
Uh, sounds more like a case of the gov revolting against the leader's decision than faking signitures.

This war is $%&@ed up in every way imaginable.
[/quote]

Appears to be miscommunication, but it could have been avoided. The announcement may have been premature on Sparta's part. A final say from Legion could have just cleared that all up, though.

man your people should decided if yu want to surrender or not,...

First yoiu announced that SOL surrended to you, than it was not true, it was a miscomunication.

Than another announcement that you and other alliaces surrennded. and now you say no...at least do you know your emperor? talk to him oftem?

I think you guys have severe issues with organization my friend. I sincerely wish the best for your alliance.

[quote name='jimbacher' date='11 February 2010 - 07:55 PM' timestamp='1265946947' post='2176408']
I like how our side is to feel "honored" that we even get a white peace offer. I love this new age of KARMA.
[/quote]
I do too. I love how Karma is hypocritical because they said that they will give white peace to everyone in every war during Karma and after Karma.

oh wait ...

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='11 February 2010 - 07:53 PM' timestamp='1265946825' post='2176395']
Seriously, I'm tired of dealing with your government's incompetence. This is probably the first time I've seen an alliance of this size act with so much indecision and confusion with something that is so simple.
[/quote]

Honestly, this is pretty much the norm when dealing with Legion in any given situation.

[quote name='Coursca' date='12 February 2010 - 03:52 AM' timestamp='1265946763' post='2176388']
I believe what the OP is saying is that there is a process involved with such a decision and that said process was not followed, thus no surrender.
[/quote]

Yea...you cant veto a surrender agreement once agreed to and signed by the leader of an alliance...that's called "breaking surrender terms"

[quote name='jimbacher' date='11 February 2010 - 10:55 PM' timestamp='1265946947' post='2176408']
I like how our side is to feel "honored" that we even get a white peace offer. I love this new age of KARMA.
[/quote]

Are you seriously going to try to turn an offer of white peace into a claim that Karma is as bad as the Hegemony? [i]Seriously?[/i]

[quote name='jimbacher' date='11 February 2010 - 10:55 PM' timestamp='1265946947' post='2176408']
[/quote]
Considering white peace is a pretty magnanimous gesture on the part of Sparta and co given how thoroughly they were trouncing legion, yeah, they should feel lucky.

Lets also consider the fact that white peace hasn't been insanely popular until very recently, so yeah its still a big deal that "the ex-karma side" is offering it to someone fighting with you

Edited by Kortal

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='11 February 2010 - 09:53 PM' timestamp='1265946825' post='2176395']
Seriously, I'm tired of dealing with your government's incompetence. This is probably the first time I've seen an alliance of this size act with so much indecision and confusion with something that is so simple.
[/quote]
I'd argue that surrendering/coming to a peace agreement is anything but simple.

Carry on...

[quote name='mitchh' date='11 February 2010 - 11:07 PM' timestamp='1265947638' post='2176452']
I'd argue that surrendering/coming to a peace agreement is anything but simple.

Carry on...
[/quote]

I feel like there's only 2 choices to make when white peace is placed on the table...

It has nothing to do our government, our government is working fine along the guidelines of our charter. The fact remains that the Imperator's decisions can be vetoed with a 3/4 vote of the consulate, and that no final surrender statement with sig was given to your side. So it's not our fault that you guys jumped the gun, don't try to pin this mistake on us.

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='11 February 2010 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1265947705' post='2176455']
I feel like there's only 2 choices to make when white peace is placed on the table...
[/quote]
That could very well be, but it doesn't change the gravity and complexity of the situation.

[quote name='Zyvexal' date='12 February 2010 - 04:08 AM' timestamp='1265947727' post='2176456']
It has nothing to do our government, our government is working fine along the guidelines of our charter. The fact remains that the Imperator's decisions can be vetoed with a 3/4 vote of the consulate, and that no final surrender statement with sig was given to your side. So it's not our fault that you guys jumped the gun, don't try to pin this mistake on us.
[/quote]

The fact remains your leader signed an agreement, and a veto of that signature does not apply to a war time surrender situation. This is something you cannot veto, you cannot take back. Once he definitively agrees, which he did, and puts his name on it, you have absolutely zero second chances to say "well gee wiz actually nm we did a veto and are back at war now". I suggest a future charter amendment to ensure this does not happen again.

Now however you have two choices. Declare war offensively and break your surrender terms, and get everything that will be brought down upon you because of that, or adhere to them and take up this situation internally with your leader.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='11 February 2010 - 08:13 PM' timestamp='1265948004' post='2176474']
The fact remains your leader signed an agreement, and a veto of that signature does not apply to a war time surrender situation. This is something you cannot veto, you cannot take back. Once he definitively agrees, which he did, and puts his name on it, you have absolutely zero second chances to say "well gee wiz actually nm we did a veto and are back at war now". I suggest a future charter amendment to ensure this does not happen again.

Now however you have two choices. Declare war offensively and break your surrender terms, and get everything that will be brought down upon you because of that, or adhere to them and take up this situation internally with your leader.
[/quote]
HE. DIDN'T. PUT. HIS. NAME. ON. IT.

and therefore, we CAN veto.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='11 February 2010 - 07:51 PM' timestamp='1265946672' post='2176379']
If you don't like the decision your leader made on his own, this is not the type of situation you get to just "take it back" from. [b]Coup him, re-enter, whatever[/b], but as it stands now your leader signed a peace agreement.
[/quote]
It appears that is exactly what's happening here. They are couping the leader and re-entering. So now their opponents can make them see the error of their ways.

[quote name='jamesdanaher' date='11 February 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1265947696' post='2176454']
Sounds like a coup?
[/quote]
This is what i came to ask. you are couping your leader and declaring war on Sparta/Umbrella/etc? This war has brought some hilariously stupid things but i think, for now, we have a contender for the title. BUT the war is young and theres still time for GDA to bring more hilarity to the party

Obligatory Karma is worse than NPO

Edited by wickedj