A Mushroom Kingdom Dispatch

[quote name='trance addict' date='05 February 2010 - 04:30 PM' timestamp='1265387425' post='2161587']
I don't understand the Aqua on Aqua violence thing, I thought LUE was Pink?
[/quote]

In all due respect, playing the MK=LUE.2.0 stereotype really gets cliche after a couple of years.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ilselu1' date='05 February 2010 - 06:13 PM' timestamp='1265393623' post='2161712']
For me, August 11, 2008.
[/quote]

Former NoV? well, look me up in a year and a half. i promise that I'll be happy to share a beer with you and look back at the butt kicking will fond memories. too many hold on to the past around here. I hold no ill will towards the alliances that hit us in the Karma war. should I be doing that?

[quote]Resentment or grudges do no harm to the person against whom you hold these feelings but every day and every night of your life, they are eating at you.

-Norman Vincent Peale[/quote]

[quote name='fallin' date='05 February 2010 - 01:26 PM' timestamp='1265394374' post='2161752']
In all due respect, playing the MK=LUE.2.0 stereotype really gets cliche after a couple of years.
[/quote]
Especially when we have about as many former NPO and GOONS members as we do LUE members.

[quote name='Lenny N Karl' date='05 February 2010 - 01:27 PM' timestamp='1265394465' post='2161757']
Former NoV? well, look me up in a year and a half. i promise that I'll be happy to share a beer with you and look back at the butt kicking will fond memories. too many hold on to the past around here. I hold no ill will towards the alliances that hit us in the Karma war. should I be doing that?
[/quote]
August 11th '08 was NoCB war, not NoV.

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='Lenny N Karl' date='05 February 2010 - 10:27 AM' timestamp='1265394465' post='2161757']
witty quote[/quote]

Aye. I have a bit of a different philosophy than others.

[quote name='John Carter']Take care of the business or the business will take care of you.[/quote]

[quote name='Jace Couture' date='05 February 2010 - 06:12 PM' timestamp='1265393526' post='2161709']
And to Kriek, if you think political and military power don't go hand in hand you're a fool, not really much to say there. MK at least has some semblance of understanding, hence why they're on top at the moment.
[/quote]

I didn't say they didn't go hand in hand. I said political power has less influence on military power, than military power on political power. I think military power influences political power in a large extent. Maybe you should take more time to actually read what I say, instead of implying something I didn't say or calling me a fool.

For me political power is all about the right mix between military power and the ability to set a right FA course for your alliance. Alliances like FAN have far more political power than GPA for instance.

[quote]We prefer political power to military because one leads to the other.[/quote]

With this quote you are implying that you have any political power, and with that comes military power. The funny thing is, you have neither political power nor military power. You are just one of those alliances that have a hard time surviving, clinging on to life. You have no impact on planet BOB what so ever, so please don't act all though.

Even my pinky finger has more political impact than your whole alliance. :smug:

Edited by kriekfreak

[quote name='Anu Drake' date='05 February 2010 - 09:11 AM' timestamp='1265379071' post='2161439']
We hit a member of CnG in response to obligations far removed from any of our actions. MK and Athens responded as they should have by defending their bloc mate. While this is one of the bigger Aqua on Aqua fight, it certainly isn't the first time alliances have had the opportunity to keep the fighting in coalition wars between sphere members and those out of sphere. The point is, this is a political alignment war and not one of color, so you do what you have to do to best fight with strategy.

MK is the best in terms of organization and brutal strength, they've beaten me down before very well. They have that same strategic intelligence to know that this was a smart move from CnG's point of view, and you can only respect that. War is war, and it is fun, even against 9 alliances. Do we stand any chance of winning? Obviously the good money is on no. Will that keep us from doing everything we can to stay alive? Of course not. Will this mean we leave Aqua? I asked Archon point blank after the Karma war if we should, and he said that we should stay. Not sure that those feelings are still the same :)
[/quote]

This is why people like you. I also apologize if I insinuated that you guys should move off aqua. I just really hate aqua on aqua violence after how far we have come as a color sphere.

[quote name='flak attack' date='05 February 2010 - 06:30 PM' timestamp='1265394640' post='2161763']
Especially when we have about as many former NPO and GOONS members as we do LUE members.

August 11th '08 was NoCB war, not NoV.
[/quote]

ahh

the other one fell in that same timeline from what I read here. that it was that.

either way. sorry that it has bothered him for so long.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Continuum-NoV_War

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='05 February 2010 - 01:40 PM' timestamp='1265395258' post='2161792']
I didn't say they didn't go hand in hand. I said political power has less influence on military power, than military power on political power. I think military power influences political power in a large extent. Maybe you should take more time to actually read what I say, instead of implying something I didn't say or calling me a fool.

For me political power is all about the right mix between military power and the ability to set a right FA course for your alliance. Alliances like FAN have far more political power than GPA for instance.

With this quote you are implying that you have any political power, and with that comes military power. The funny thing is, you have neither political power nor military power. You are just one of those alliances that have a hard time surviving, clinging on to life. You have no impact on planet BOB what so ever, so please don't act all though.
[/quote]

Political power determines who you can bring to a fight, how easily you can do so, and how easily you can dissuade your foe's allies from joining the fray. Your military strength plays a part yes, but your reputation and other variables play an even bigger role. You don't necessarily have to be a powerful alliance militarily to exert force on the global stage, and having military power, or even potential military power (in terms of buildup and whatnot) does not necessarily lead to the ability to get what you want.

As for our supposed lack of political power, I find it amusing. We're in the doldrums yes, we are nowhere near as strong as we once were in this respect, yet we have allies and friends who would fight and die for us (looking at you TFD :wub: ). We do have weight amongst our allies, and are able to chart our own course. To claim that we're "clinging to life" is silly, because we have been in far worse situations before and we're still here. So while we're nowhere near as strong as we were before Karma, to dismiss us is quite foolish.

Have we made mistakes? Yes, no one in NATO would deny this. But you seem to have it in your head that we will be wiped off the face of Bob because... why? We're not strong militarily? Nukes and WRC don't account for all your strength, if you don't have an idea of what you're doing, they mean nothing. Politically maybe? As I said above, we're not dead yet, never have and never will be because while a bunch of people on your side hate us because we got sick of shenanigans, and said screw it we're not dealing with you, we have allies who we trust and who trust us. So I find your arrogance about how weak and pathetic we are to be incredibly misguided, and the suggestion to "not act tough" rediculous because of the anger we've faced before.

So there. Have a nice war fighting whoever you're fighting, because at the end of this war, NATO will still be around, and will still be standing strong, and we'll still be aqua. Deal with it.

[quote name='Jace Couture' date='05 February 2010 - 06:56 PM' timestamp='1265396196' post='2161826']
Political power determines who you can bring to a fight, how easily you can do so, and how easily you can dissuade your foe's allies from joining the fray. Your military strength plays a part yes, but your reputation and other variables play an even bigger role. You don't necessarily have to be a powerful alliance militarily to exert force on the global stage, and having military power, or even potential military power (in terms of buildup and whatnot) does not necessarily lead to the ability to get what you want. [/quote]

Weak militaristic alliances never have been good at attaining political power. Why? It's quite simple, why would you ally yourself to an alliance that is bad when it comes to fighting? You ally yourself to another, cause of a shared interest. This interest is to stand stronger together, than you ever could alone. Sure political 'sway' determines how many allies you can bring in with you, which is what I meant when I was talking about the FA course an alliance follows. I can't name 3 alliances that have a lot of political sway but at the same time are bad at fighting. I would be surprised if you could name even one. The only alliance that came close to this was the GGA. But even with them you can discuss if they had a lot of political sway or that it just was NPO's political sway that made them survive for so long. In my opinion it was the latter. They were just being used as meatshields.

[quote]As for our supposed lack of political power, I find it amusing. We're in the doldrums yes, we are nowhere near as strong as we once were in this respect, yet we have allies and friends who would fight and die for us (looking at you TFD :wub: ). We do have weight amongst our allies, and are able to chart our own course. To claim that we're "clinging to life" is silly, because we have been in far worse situations before and we're still here. So while we're nowhere near as strong as we were before Karma, to dismiss us is quite foolish. [/quote]

I'm not familiar with the relationship between NATO and TFD. Thing is, I don't consider NATO a threat, I never did. You come across as a lapdog with no real sway. You follow other alliances around and do nothing to stand out. Do you have to? No, ofcourse you don't have to stand out if you don't want to. But don't act like you have a lot of impact on planet BOB or have a lot of sway over other alliances. IRON is a good example of alliances that do exactly the same, the only difference is that IRON, unlike you, does have militaristic power.

[quote]Have we made mistakes? Yes, no one in NATO would deny this. But you seem to have it in your head that we will be wiped off the face of Bob because... why? We're not strong militarily? Nukes and WRC don't account for all your strength, if you don't have an idea of what you're doing, they mean nothing. Politically maybe? As I said above, we're not dead yet, never have and never will be because while a bunch of people on your side hate us because we got sick of shenanigans, and said screw it we're not dealing with you, we have allies who we trust and who trust us. So I find your arrogance about how weak and pathetic we are to be incredibly misguided, and the suggestion to "not act tough" rediculous because of the anger we've faced before. [/quote]

I'm not claiming you will be wiped off the face of BOB. I just think you will continue to be in a vegetative state, very much like GGA is. To me, you can better quit while you are this far behind. Maybe you can surprise me in the future, and you can remind me of this post when you do. I'll be happy to eat my own words, although I doubt I will ever have to. So untill you will stand out more and don't follow the bigger alliance around, I will continue to find you weak and pathetic.

[quote]So there. Have a nice war fighting whoever you're fighting, because at the end of this war, NATO will still be around, and will still be standing strong, and we'll still be aqua. Deal with it.[/quote]

I have no doubt you will still be here at the end of the war. Even GGA survived the beating we gave them. But if you are fine with being in a vegetative state, so be it. I wish you good luck in the future. I hope you can prove me wrong, for your sake.

Peace.

[quote name='Anu Drake' date='05 February 2010 - 09:11 AM' timestamp='1265379071' post='2161439']
We hit a member of CnG in response to obligations far removed from any of our actions. MK and Athens responded as they should have by defending their bloc mate. While this is one of the bigger Aqua on Aqua fight, it certainly isn't the first time alliances have had the opportunity to keep the fighting in coalition wars between sphere members and those out of sphere. The point is, this is a political alignment war and not one of color, so you do what you have to do to best fight with strategy.

MK is the best in terms of organization and brutal strength, they've beaten me down before very well. They have that same strategic intelligence to know that this was a smart move from CnG's point of view, and you can only respect that. War is war, and it is fun, even against 9 alliances. Do we stand any chance of winning? Obviously the good money is on no. Will that keep us from doing everything we can to stay alive? Of course not. Will this mean we leave Aqua? I asked Archon point blank after the Karma war if we should, and he said that we should stay. Not sure that those feelings are still the same :)
[/quote]

I can't believe it hasn't been brought up yet. Maybe its too old but Anu Drake still cares. :P

[/quote]
Anu I would have to agree with this in its entirety.

To answer the question, I don't think that you guys should leave aqua if you are happy here. If you aren't happy..it is your own choice :)

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='05 February 2010 - 07:21 PM' timestamp='1265397681' post='2161866']

I'm not familiar with the relationship between NATO and TFD. Thing is, I don't consider NATO a threat, I never did. You come across as a lapdog with no real sway. You follow other alliances around and do nothing to stand out. Do you have to? No, ofcourse you don't have to stand out if you don't want to. But don't act like you have a lot of impact on planet BOB or have a lot of sway over other alliances. IRON is a good example of alliances that do exactly the same, the only difference is that IRON, unlike you, does have militaristic power.

[/quote]

now come on Mike, are the blinders on too tight? you guys are more of a meat shield than NATO is. if we are lapdogs, then ifok must be a chewtoy. And if we have no impact on planet BOB, then why are their 8 or so alliances on us? Someone over there thinks it takes that much to get NATO down.

The fact is NATO does like to lay low on the OWF. You rarely see our members putting down others or breaking down post in a negative manner. You don't see our members out in force "rating who we dislike or who we think sucks as an alliance" We are a diplomatic alliance first, and we enjoy that reputation. We are all about our own community and friends first. We are not out to get revenge for anything that happened to us in 2009 or later. We move on. We like to enjoy our time while we are here. We sleep well at night. (well, except for now...war time is so late for me :ehm: )

Everyone enjoy the weekend!

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='05 February 2010 - 10:50 AM' timestamp='1265385003' post='2161542']
Fun fact: Did you know NATO is worse than GGA percentage wise if you look at their military?

GGA
WRC: 5,4%
MHP: 26,1%

NATO
WRC: 4,7%
MHP: 15,7%

Can we conclude that NATO is now the new GGA?
[/quote]
NATO hasn't started making god-awful (read: hilarious) announcements yet. They're nowhere near GGA's lol. :v

[quote name='Locke' date='05 February 2010 - 09:39 PM' timestamp='1265405943' post='2162106']
NATO hasn't started making god-awful (read: hilarious) announcements yet. They're nowhere near GGA's lol. :v
[/quote]

GGA didn't do very bad in the last 6-9 months, they have actually surprised me in the good sense of the word.

@ trance addict (who made the LUE2.0 comment):
If something so inane and unoriginal is all you've got on us then we're doing quite well for ourselves.

@ those finding issue with aqua-on-aqua violence:
Do feel free to check the warscreen. ;)
Lets not be obtuse or ignore the underlying circumstances here. MK has no intent on going balls to the wall on NATO. It'd be a ridiculous misuse of resources.

@ those in TFD asking "Why not us?":
You weren't declared on as well for some rather obvious reasons, and you're just going to have to deal with that. If you insist though we can jot you guys down for the next war. ;)

@ NATO:
No hard feelings from our end, just as there seem to be no hard feelings from yours. No one desires to destroy your alliance or to push you from aqua. War is upon us and we're doing what we need to do.

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='Haflinger' date='05 February 2010 - 07:43 PM' timestamp='1265417019' post='2162405']
Looks like this war is the end for Aqua and Orange unity.
[/quote]
Well, not so much the end as simply making the fact that it ended more apparent.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='05 February 2010 - 07:43 PM' timestamp='1265417019' post='2162405']
Looks like this war is the end for Aqua and Orange unity.
[/quote]
NATO has been the odd man out on aqua for quite some time. This is hardly a new thing. At least NATO is pleasant about it and doesn't try to do things Bilrow style. I figure the good part of having NATO on the sphere (trades) out does the bad (voting for another senator, maybe?)