A Mushroom Kingdom Dispatch

[quote name='Anu Drake' date='05 February 2010 - 09:11 AM' timestamp='1265379071' post='2161439']
We hit a member of CnG in response to obligations far removed from any of our actions. MK and Athens responded as they should have by defending their bloc mate. While this is one of the bigger Aqua on Aqua fight, it certainly isn't the first time alliances have had the opportunity to keep the fighting in coalition wars between sphere members and those out of sphere. The point is, this is a political alignment war and not one of color, so you do what you have to do to best fight with strategy.

MK is the best in terms of organization and brutal strength, they've beaten me down before very well. They have that same strategic intelligence to know that this was a smart move from CnG's point of view, and you can only respect that. War is war, and it is fun, even against 9 alliances. Do we stand any chance of winning? Obviously the good money is on no. Will that keep us from doing everything we can to stay alive? Of course not. Will this mean we leave Aqua? I asked Archon point blank after the Karma war if we should, and he said that we should stay. Not sure that those feelings are still the same :)
[/quote]

This was a good addition to the topic. I respect your relative objectivity, sir.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.....the hypocrisy is amazingly thick in here from MK. Just last month me and many others were told by these same MK'ers and other CnGers that we were totally foolish to suggest that we were in any way at war with Athens during Karma despite their attack on our MDAP parter, NPO.

Now they are using the same argument that they spent a week calling foolish to say NATO attacked Aqua.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='05 February 2010 - 10:50 AM' timestamp='1265385003' post='2161542']
Fun fact: Did you know NATO is worse than GGA percentage wise if you look at their military?

GGA
WRC: 5,4%
MHP: 26,1%

NATO
WRC: 4,7%
MHP: 15,7%

Can we conclude that NATO is now the new GGA?
[/quote]

We explained this fairly clearly during Karma, but if people don't want to pay attention...

And I'd say I'm disappointed MK, but I'm not. Aqua love has long since died, and you know what, fine. Maybe aqua just isn't the place NATO helped build it up to be anymore.

Here's to a fair fight anyways though.

And to tose who'll inevitably go "hah you're in PM stfu", I forgot to change modes last night. Woops.

[quote name='Jace Couture' date='05 February 2010 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1265386459' post='2161570']
We explained this fairly clearly during Karma, but if people don't want to pay attention...
[/quote]

Ye like I'm going to read every post of every thread -_- . So what's your excuse again for being so weak?

[quote name='Jace Couture' date='05 February 2010 - 10:14 AM' timestamp='1265386459' post='2161570']

And I'd say I'm disappointed MK, but I'm not. Aqua love has long since died, and you know what, fine. Maybe aqua just isn't the place NATO helped build it up to be anymore.

Here's to a fair fight anyways though.

And to tose who'll inevitably go "hah you're in PM stfu", I forgot to change modes last night. Woops.
[/quote]
Aqua is what we the members of Aqua make of it.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='05 February 2010 - 11:18 AM' timestamp='1265386690' post='2161575']
Ye like I'm going to read every post of every thread -_- . So what's your excuse again for being so weak?
[/quote]

As I explained during Karma, we have a libertarian bent when it comes to ruling your nation. Of course we provide advice and the like on how to build and we provide aid to younger members in oder to build them up, but we generally have a live and let live attitude. Part of this is that pre-Karma we had a rather unsettling ocurance where every so often a member would go rogue on others.

So instead of telling everyone to get a MHP asap, and risk the fallout (in all senses of the word), we would much rather have a nation build up, show they're trusted and then help them go nuclear. It has a more pleasant outcome.

I'm sure we'll go explaining this the next time 8 or 9 alliances feel the urge to try and wipe us out, but there you go. We prefer political power to military because one leads to the other.

So, do you understand, or are you just looking for a reason to go "Hurr hurr we're better than you cause we have more glowy things"?

[quote name='MNNorthStars' date='05 February 2010 - 06:31 AM' timestamp='1265351484' post='2160954']
Right. After taking on RON and TOP, [i]NATO[/i] will be too much of a stretch.
[/quote]

Oh you. Always have to insult someone. I think NATO will be just fine.

[quote name='Jace Couture' date='05 February 2010 - 04:28 PM' timestamp='1265387313' post='2161585']
As I explained during Karma, we have a libertarian bent when it comes to ruling your nation. Of course we provide advice and the like on how to build and we provide aid to younger members in oder to build them up, but we generally have a live and let live attitude. Part of this is that pre-Karma we had a rather unsettling ocurance where every so often a member would go rogue on others.

So instead of telling everyone to get a MHP asap, and risk the fallout (in all senses of the word), we would much rather have a nation build up, show they're trusted and then help them go nuclear. It has a more pleasant outcome.

I'm sure we'll go explaining this the next time 8 or 9 alliances feel the urge to try and wipe us out, but there you go. We prefer political power to military because one leads to the other.

So, do you understand, or are you just looking for a reason to go "Hurr hurr we're better than you cause we have more glowy things"?
[/quote]

Thanks for explaining. Although I don't agree on your policy or your statement that political power leads to military power. I'd say it's quite the opposite. In any case, you have neither. ^_^

[quote name='Jace Couture' date='05 February 2010 - 11:28 AM' timestamp='1265387313' post='2161585']

[/quote]
As a note, MK doesn't help members get their MP, though we do have a requirement as to when you must own one it rarely is an issue. You're largely on your own for meeting that, but we still have a bit of a problem with people getting theirs way too early and hurting their growth. It's part of the culture and MK has a culture that encourages nuclear proliferation and ownership of military wonders. You don't need ridiculous aid programs to help with nuclear armament if you encourage it properly.

[quote name='Epiphanus' date='05 February 2010 - 03:59 PM' timestamp='1265385554' post='2161551']
Never liked NATO anyway, hope they burn for a while.
[/quote]

You don't like a lot of people/alliances, the problem is you seem to think a lot of alliances/people like you.

Look within yourself.

[quote name='The AUT' date='05 February 2010 - 09:49 AM' timestamp='1265392177' post='2161670']
You don't like a lot of people/alliances, the problem is you seem to think a lot of alliances/people like you.

Look within yourself.
[/quote]

I like Pip. Pip likes me. Neither one of us like NATO. :D

[quote name='flak attack' date='05 February 2010 - 12:41 PM' timestamp='1265391663' post='2161662']
As a note, MK doesn't help members get their MP, though we do have a requirement as to when you must own one it rarely is an issue. You're largely on your own for meeting that, but we still have a bit of a problem with people getting theirs way too early and hurting their growth. It's part of the culture and MK has a culture that encourages nuclear proliferation and ownership of military wonders. You don't need ridiculous aid programs to help with nuclear armament if you encourage it properly.
[/quote]

Not saying you require rediculous aid programs, just saying we neither encourage nor discourage nuclear armament. We have a different culture when it comes to such things.

And to Kriek, if you think political and military power don't go hand in hand you're a fool, not really much to say there. MK at least has some semblance of understanding, hence why they're on top at the moment.

[quote name='ilselu1' date='05 February 2010 - 01:13 PM' timestamp='1265393623' post='2161712']
For me, August 11, 2008.
[/quote]

Is that the day we kicked out IYIyth? Are you IYIyth!?

Or are you just another \m/ member who feels like you got betrayed because NATO got sick of being jerked around by \m/ and GOONS?

EDIT: I don't even remember if 2008 was Unjust Path, was it the war vs Polar? Hell, too many wars...

Edited by Jace Couture

[quote name='Jace Couture' date='05 February 2010 - 10:15 AM' timestamp='1265393730' post='2161715']
Is that the day we kicked out IYIyth? Are you IYIyth!?

Or are you just another \m/ member who feels like you got betrayed because NATO got sick of being jerked around by \m/ and GOONS?

EDIT: I don't even remember if 2008 was Unjust Path, was it the war vs Polar? Hell, too many wars...
[/quote]

NoCB War. Evidently I hold grudges.

[quote name='ilselu1' date='05 February 2010 - 01:18 PM' timestamp='1265393901' post='2161723']
NoCB War. Evidently I hold grudges.
[/quote]

Heh, hard to hold grudges when you fight honorable people and they're in your comm channels at the time. Of course, a bunch of people may hold grudges against me and I wouldn't know.

No use holding a grudge, unless its well deserved.