Official Announcment from the Federation of Armed Nations

[quote name='Fernando12' date='04 February 2010 - 08:02 AM' timestamp='1265292158' post='2158785']
I highly doubt any IRON nation will be surrendering.

[/quote]

There goes that [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=213&view=findpost&p=2157025"]theory[/url]. It's just a matter of time till the general populous of IRON follows suit.

FAN was gracious enough to create this POW camp to control the civil unrest that's been ensuing abroad..

You should thank them.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]
6. Will not engage another FAN nation for the duration of the conflict.
[/quote]

But they can still fight other people right? Because a FAN-pow army is sure to be :awesome: . It would even have invisible soldiers!

OOC: Also, I believe mods want all resignations here to cut on spam: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=213&st=0

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='04 February 2010 - 06:33 AM' timestamp='1265293997' post='2158824']
hardly think forcing people to fork over tech is fair.
[/quote]
If you're surrendering in a game, do you really think that all that will be lost is your pride?

but in any case...Yeah, well thats just like your opinion, man.

[quote name='Turbomammoth' date='04 February 2010 - 10:02 AM' timestamp='1265295754' post='2158853']
Maybe, but it still need more Mpol.
[/quote]
I agree. At least if he had made the announcement that FAN was just going to be another bandwagon alliance or an alliance that exploited peace terms it would have been an enjoyable read.

NOTE: This is not a commentary on it being "bad" to be either one of those things. Just a comment on it actually being those things, which for some reason gets people into a hissy fit when called on. Oh well.

[quote name='Letum' date='04 February 2010 - 08:42 AM' timestamp='1265294579' post='2158832']
But they can still fight other people right? Because a FAN-pow army is sure to be :awesome: . It would even have invisible soldiers!

OOC: Also, I believe mods want all resignations here to cut on spam: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=213&st=0
[/quote]
Thanks for that, I didn't know about it.

[quote name='OmahaHusker' date='04 February 2010 - 08:30 AM' timestamp='1265290255' post='2158753']
3. Decom all military Improvements except those required to maintin SDI & Factories
[/quote]
I know you're going to hate me for this, but you need another edit. :P That sounds like they can keep improvements needed to maintain their factories (which is :blink:), so simply changing "except those required to maintin SDI" to "(except those required to maintin SDI)" oughta fix that.

I guess people are illiterate also. Guys they said you are to destroy all improvements [b]except[/b] those needed to maintain SDIs. Ignorant people I just don't understand why your alliances don't gag you! Also it's implied that nations that surrender to FAN are not allowed to re-declare on FAN nations, but in no way shape or form do your terms imply that they aren't allowed to declare on other alliances.

Edited by Tick1

[quote name='Tick1' date='04 February 2010 - 06:09 PM' timestamp='1265299745' post='2158913']
I guess people are illiterate also. Guys they said you are to destroy all improvements [b]except[/b] those needed to maintain SDIs. Ignorant people I just don't understand why your alliances don't gag you!
[/quote]
I suppose this was added with the edit, thus no reason to be offensive ;)

[quote name='Tick1' date='04 February 2010 - 11:09 AM' timestamp='1265299745' post='2158913']
I guess people are illiterate also. Guys they said you are to destroy all improvements [b]except[/b] those needed to maintain SDIs. Ignorant people I just don't understand why your alliances don't gag you! Also it's implied that nations that surrender to FAN are not allowed to re-declare on FAN nations, but in no way shape or form do your terms imply that they aren't allowed to declare on other alliances.
[/quote]
Dude originally the op stated that all military wonders were to be destroyed. The op has been edited a couple of times relax.

[quote name='Balkan Banania' date='04 February 2010 - 04:18 PM' timestamp='1265300316' post='2158921']
I suppose this was added with the edit, thus no reason to be offensive ;)
[/quote]

No the edit was to bold the "Except" :P

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='04 February 2010 - 10:05 AM' timestamp='1265295953' post='2158856']
And the one eyed mule. Nevar Fergit!!!!

Good terms all said.
[/quote]

I still grieve the death of that animal. Shame I didn't save a picture.

So wonders are untouched, but Barracks, Guerrilla Camps (why would anyone would keep them around after surrender anyway?), Missile Defenses (save for those to support SDI), Naval Academies, Naval Construction Yards, Satellites (save for those to support SDI), and Shipyards are to be demolished. You could debate whether Intelligence Agencies are a military improvement, since they support a higher number of spies for a nation, but also allow increased tax revenues. FAN might want to clarify that.

As for the terms, they are kinda "old school" (Factories haven't been considered a military improvement by the general Planet Bob community for a couple of years so the fact they are even mentioned at all tells you that). If your nation is beat up enough to consider surrender, odds are you aren't going to make trouble once your military is at minimal levels. Most alliances these days recognize this fact and don't bother with demanding destruction of military improvements.

I guess if I were a scared n00b getting radically destroyed and not talking with my military command and/or had multiple aid requests rejected I might think about accepting these terms, but really you are much better off waiting for your alliance to get terms and surrender with them if it comes to that. You'll get far more rebuilding aid and won't get labeled a coward.

Edit: spelling is fun

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='Buds The Man' date='04 February 2010 - 04:21 PM' timestamp='1265300484' post='2158929']
Dude originally the op stated that all military wonders were to be destroyed. The op has been edited a couple of times relax.
[/quote]

Bud it's really debatable that I should assume that, considering FAN posted the announcement. Had it been any other alliance I'd have expected them to have screwed up within the OP, but since its not I'd rather be critical of the people that complained about their original OP.

[quote name='Tick1' date='04 February 2010 - 11:25 AM' timestamp='1265300708' post='2158936']
Bud it's really debatable that I should assume that, considering FAN posted the announcement. Had it been any other alliance I'd have expected them to have screwed up within the OP, but since its not I'd rather be critical of the people that complained about their original OP.
[/quote]
Ok man just saying if your that desperate to go after people i guess. I read the ENTIRE thread and would have picked up on it. Though to be fair I did read the original op and it was a bit fuzzy on those points. Either way it doesnt apply to me if they want 50 tech they know where to find me to get it :awesome:

Also people dont you have enough to do in this war other than pick over terms anyone with half a brain can figure most of this stuff out. I guess unless your looking to surrender that is and need clarification to make sure you can follow them. Less talk more nukes.

o/ FAN
o/ War
o/ Casualties

Edited by Buds The Man

[quote name='Gopherbashi' date='04 February 2010 - 11:27 AM' timestamp='1265300833' post='2158940']
Attacking those aligned with FAN is therefore acceptable?
[/quote]
WOW one last time if they are stupid enough to do that with no mil improvements what is really lost. Darwin Theory it works on PB as well.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' date='04 February 2010 - 10:27 AM' timestamp='1265300833' post='2158940']
Attacking those aligned with FAN is therefore acceptable?
[/quote]

Response's such as this is why The Grand !@#$%^&, should make all FAN announcement's.

Has the OP left the door open for the e-lawyer's, he sure has, obviously he's in training, lets not forget that.

Lets also not forget CN etiquette when surrendering during war time, "subversives" are dealt with appriopiately.

[quote name='Freelancer' date='04 February 2010 - 11:38 AM' timestamp='1265301487' post='2158954']
Lets also not forget CN etiquette when surrendering during war time, "subversives" are dealt with appriopiately.
[/quote]
That isn't universally true either, at least not in this war. There were a couple of FOK surrenders to NSO when we were fighting but since the NSO doesn't generally demand decoms or reps they just peaced out their current wars and then went on to redeclare against other targets.