Name this War - Part 2

Locke

394 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a terrible choices to pick from.

This should be named the Second Karma War, or even better, the [b]Second Hegemonic Wa[/b]r.

Basicaly both sides are (after the NpO-M white peace) the old Hegemony side - NPO + TOP against Karma-TOP.

So its the same old sides as in the Karma War, fighting the same old war for World Hegemony. Only this time the gab in strength has become even larger because Hegemony has lost for a second time.

I will act like a Nostradamus or Nostrabobus :) and predict there will be a Third Hegemonic War before the old hegemony really admits defeat. (Just like there were a First, Second and Third Great War)

I really do not understand the name Second Unjust War. There is really nothing in this war resembling the Unjust war!

Edited by Il Principe

The first part, until the NpO-\m/ peace I would refer to as the second unjust war. because the sides are similair to the unjust war.
The second war TOP vs CnG I would refer to as "Karma war II", it started with an unprovoked again and almost all the alliances were on the same side again as in Karma war I.

So:
Second Unjust war
Karma war II

Edited by Timmehhh

Second unjust war makes no sense because this has nothing to do with that war aside from the fact a couple of alliances happened to be (or at least were predicted to be) on the same side. Furthermore - when TOP attacked C&G- it completely changed the nature of the conflict. Parallels with the Unjust war became non-existent. If this was *has* to be a continuation of anything- it's the TPF war a few months ago. The sides for that war showed us who would be on each side in this war.

tbh- Bipolar works for me I guess. But plain old TOP-C&G isn't the end of the world.

EDIT: and because the 'naming rights' of conflicts always seems to be given to CN wiki staff- I suspect they wont go with cluster$%&@ war because of the difficulty associated with spelling it ;)

Edited by Banksy

[quote name='Mustakrakish II' date='17 March 2010 - 10:02 AM' timestamp='1268838131' post='2228255']
\m/ralist war due to the \m/ prat of it.
[/quote]
I'm sorry, but seeing this, I have to laugh a lot. I know it's a typo, but there's a reason spellcheck didn't call foul on it.

Although if the current name leader wins, will it be done that way in reference materials, or will the symbols be replaced when allowable?

Around Valhalla we refer to it as the "Bi-Polar War". I personally felt that "Twilight War" was best, not only because it would be short for "Twilight Zone War" because of all the weirdness that went on (changes of sides, forum issues, random attacks, etc.), but also because this war represents something of an end of an era.

FYI: It's Great War 7 (or VII) whatever you want the subtitle to be.

[i]OOC: In keeping with the story line of my Lunar colony in a now defunct [b]Lunar[/b] [b]War[/b]fare game, the Haleenstar Republic now has a Moon Base. ;) [/i]

I've been compelled by my colleagues to bring forward Sparta's pet name for this war as a possible contender (though it's late in the game):

The !@#$fit War

Cuz Grub threw a !@#$fit
then Crymson threw a !@#$fit
then MHA supposedly leaked intel to TOP and we threw a !@#$fit
then NpO in general threw a !@#$fit and backed out of the war
then IRON and TOP each threw like 10 !@#$fits over NpO
then half of the coalition went 'hurpa-durp' and fracked the staggers and we threw TWO !@#$fits
then TOP and IRON threw a chain of !@#$fits over reps
then GRE threw a !@#$fit over the surrender terms
then everyone threw a !@#$fit over the delay

!@#$fit War.