Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

2 of your members declaring on them started that war. Period. Fact.

I'm not getting into this here beyond this one reply, but that's taking an extremely narrow view of the situation. They escalated a simple raid incident that could have been resolved very simply diplomatically into a full blown war. While our nation raided them (another reason why the RLMMO incident is completely different, only one nation was involved at first). They escalated the raid incident into the war. They refused to use diplomacy.

But anyway, this is all history.

\m/, I hope this knocks some sense into y'all, for your own good.

Instead of watching that awfully slow clock of yours you should have spent those days teaching your alliance how to offense war, I know its been along time for you guys but man, you're bad at it.

Says the alliance that managed to mess up the staggers on 6 of the top 7 TPF nations lat war.

Just so you don't look completely retarded A single GOONS nation raided a nine man crew called RLMMO then they DOW GOONS and KRONOS so we joining them in war.

So go ahead and get your facts straight. Debate how you will but a mass raid it wasn't.

Well that's a lie. 2 GOONS attacked RLMMO nations. They acknowledged a state of conflict and declared no wars on any GOONS nations. GOONS then swarmed them.

Edited by Penkala

CnG will not fight STA or Polaris.

CnG alliances with treaties with STA or Polaris won't fight them, sure. But will Athens and FoB turn tail now Grub's come calling? I suppose it's a question of whether they'd come in on an optional aggression clause. Either way, I've doubt Polar allies like MK are too pleased about Grub's actions, and thus he's cutting at his own power base. :(

If your point is that a superficial analysis of two situations can lead to a misleading analogy and comparison and thereby to a false equivocation, then you are welcome.

The analysis is fine, as is the analogy. One group attacks tech raiders, another group attacks tech raiders. Analogy simplified.

I don't know about that. Treaties, allies, and wars don't need to be fought excessively to the letter of the law, to the wording of the treaty. If PC tells allies that NpO is essentially attacking both \m/ and PC but attempting to circumvent the larger treaty web backlash by selectively "declaring" on \m/, I believe it would be more than fair for PC's allies to STILL treat this as an attack on both \m/ and PC. Just because NpO attempts to make themselves the "defenders" from PC's defense of \m/ does not mean that PC's allies need to allow the farce to be maintained. They can easily defend PC on the grounds that NpO is simply using a ruse while still accomplishing the same thing.

Now... If PC and her allies do not wish the conflict to escalate beyond a quick white peace war between only three alliances, then of course PC and her allies will allow NpO to get away with the legalese and avoid escalation. They still can attempt to win points through pointing out NpO's plan of self-preservation and an easy beat-down, and just use the ruse as propaganda rather than as justification to escalate.

Saving this jewel for the next mega war.

You were doing this same thing when TPF got attacked. Is it whining or not, Aut? You have one choice.

@ this mess: allowing your allies free passes twice and hitting \m/ after the first time they do this = hilariously hypocritical. You're making a bad political move, and you're attacking the protectorate of an MDoAP partner while giving everyone else involved a pass. Unbelievable.

So what? By NpO's definition they were. So GOONS have mass raided 2 alliances. Makes those who defend them pay reps. NpO does nothing (actually they declared to support them when they started getting hit by someone wanting justics). \m/ raids one. NpO DoWs only them and nobody else involved. :rolleyes:

Penkala, wake up dude.

\m/ has acted stupidly. The previous name they went by...they acted stupidly then too. Before that they were 2 separately stupidly acting alliances...

Their stupidity has finally caught up to them.

Edited by Fernando12

Like the time they were willing to attack our MADP partner, MK be damned?

Whoops.

Yes that was a bad situation and has long since been resolved. I was pissed about that one at the time too, but seriously this is a pretty different situation.

Yes, and I was pointing out why that comparison doesn't apply.

Thank you for agreeing that there is only a superficial similarity between the two instances.

So you're saying neither of them are attacking tech raiders solely because they're raiders? Unless you'd care to explain any other reason he had for declaring.

CnG alliances with treaties with STA or Polaris won't fight them, sure. But will Athens and FoB turn tail now Grub's come calling? I suppose it's a question of whether they'd come in on an optional aggression clause. Either way, I've doubt Polar allies like MK are too pleased about Grub's actions, and thus he's cutting at his own power base. :(

If you declare war on one member of CnG you declare on it in it's entirety. I think we've been pretty clear on that from the beginning.

Ok, I got PC and GOONs, but who was the 4th? Also, GOONs know how diplomacy works. They also know how not to be foul-mouthed, immature, garbage in OWF.

PC, GOONS, \m/, Athens. Actually 5 - FoB. 1/5, NpO. Congrats. Making a stand for the community o/

Penkala, wake up dude.

\m/ has acted stupidly. The previous name they went by...they acted stupidly then too. Before that they were 2 separately stupidly acting alliances...

Their stupidity has finally caught up to them.

I'm not debating that at all. I agree. They were also acting as inconsiderate allies to RoK.

Edited by Penkala

Yes that was a bad situation and has long since been resolved. I was pissed about that one at the time too, but seriously this is a pretty different situation.

I detest \m/ too, but this leaves a bad feeling in my mouth. Such disregard for friends of a friend twice now? Not cool in my books.

Like the time they were willing to attack our MADP partner, MK be damned?

Whoops.

Indeed, I wonder how many people know that NpO was nearly at this point a few months ago with Athens and FoB. They followed through this time because they hope they can keep it to them beating down \m/ and PC. Hopefully they will be disappointed.

Pretty much this. Way to attack 1 of the 4 alliances that has raided micros, NpO. You're really going to protect the community that way! If you really have this obligation to the community (which, by the way, I think you do) you should declare on all four (which, by the way, I would support.) My issue isn't with you attacking \m/. It's with you attacking only \m/ because only \m/ is convenient to attack. It's for taking the easy route and claim to be standing alone in the face of a looming evil.

Do it right or don't do it at all.

Are they declaring on \m/ simply because of tech raiding OR because of the profanity and total disrespect?

People interacting with people warrant some decency.

Are you sure that these things are OK to your alliance standard? I quoted and bold it if you happened to have missed it.

To date, diplomacy has prevailed, most people being reasonable and satisfied to test the boundaries without transgressing so far over the line they lose sight of the line itself. Yesterday diplomacy failed. Diplomacy can not be conducted when one party offers to expose his genitals repeatedly, diplomacy can not be conducted when one side resorts to the use of racist, offensive and degrading language to describe the other and diplomacy can not be attempted when neither side is prepared to concede anything at all.
I am sure PC will be along directly, however PC haven't been strutting all over the boards waving their e-peenies, PC haven't lowered themselves to throwing excreta from their cages at the smiling faced children watching. As for GOONS, well now, they took the offer made, smart ones those GOONS.

PC, GOONS, \m/, Athens. Actually 5 - FoB. 1/5, NpO. Congrats. Making a stand for the community o/

I'm not debating that at all. I agree. They were also acting as inconsiderate allies to RoK.

You don't know what you are talking about and are shaming a fantastic alliance and ally of Polaris with your continued posting.

The analysis is fine, as is the analogy. One group attacks tech raiders, another group attacks tech raiders. Analogy simplified.

Did you just like wake up one day and say "Man, $%&@ logic and rational thinking skills!" or what?

So you're saying neither of them are attacking tech raiders solely because they're raiders? Unless you'd care to explain any other reason he had for declaring.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=2120460