Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

Not at all, lets look at this thread, there are 1722 posts in this thread, tbh \m/ is not liked well enough or relevent enough to deserve a thread one tenth this size. Taking that into consideration the thread has grown to this size not because people like \m/ (most don't) or condone \m/s behavior (they don't) It grow to this size because a considerable amount of people are pissed off with Grubs action prior to and including this, that is a tremendous price. Where it goes remains to be seen.

wouldn't it make more sense that it grew to this size because people don't like \m/ and want to bash \m/? If everybody hates you as you seemingly claim that they would love to talk about how much they hate you.

It grow to this size because a considerable amount of people are pissed off with Grubs action prior to and including this, that is a tremendous price. Where it goes remains to be seen.

My take is that about the same number of people actually approve Grub's actions, going through this and the other related thread, that's at least an impression one could get.

wouldn't it make more sense that it grew to this size because people don't like \m/ and want to bash \m/? If everybody hates you as you seemingly claim that they would love to talk about how much they hate you.

You can make that claim, but if you have been reading this thread I think it is hard to make that jump.

Well not all the posts here have been bashing \m/. There have been a few bashing Polar and \m/. A few bashing \m/. A few bashing Polar.

This thread is not one sided at all, with those 3 positions (anti \m/, anti Polar, anti both) being fairly evenly represented here.

Edited by Caliph

I hope you would know that I personally thought that raid was retarded. The issue was settled and \m/ was discussing how to improve, Grub winding that clock is a whole different issue to me.

I'll give you a freebie: take all the Bel Air types out of your government and replace them with people who rebel against norms with good reason, not for its own sake.

Not at all, lets look at this thread, there are 1722 posts in this thread, tbh \m/ is not liked well enough or relevent enough to deserve a thread one tenth this size. Taking that into consideration the thread has grown to this size not because people like \m/ (most don't) or condone \m/s behavior (they don't) It grow to this size because a considerable amount of people are pissed off with Grubs action prior to and including this, that is a tremendous price. Where it goes remains to be seen.

Okay that is the biggest load of crap you've ever come up with. People flock to drama of all shapes and sizes so long as it remains ripe. Wars between fairly large, entangled alliances that don't end with disappointing mutual white peace are pretty much the cream of the crop these days. This thread is blood in the water for the drama sharks.

Well not all the posts here have been bashing \m/. There have been a few bashing Polar and \m/. A few bashing \m/. A few bashing Polar.

This thread is not one sided at all, with those 3 positions (anti \m/, anti Polar, anti both) being fairly evenly represented here.

perhaps, but how many anti-\m/ are not polar, how many anti-polar are not \m/, or PC for that matter?

in other words what are the opinions of those not fighting?

Answer that question to see what the public thinks.

perhaps, but how many anti-\m/ are not polar, how many anti-polar are not \m/, or PC for that matter?

in other words what are the opinions of those not fighting?

Answer that question to see what the public thinks.

Well, for me, I want it to escalate into global thermonuclear war. The only reason I am not at war is by personal request of Grub.

The hope for escalation is official NSO policy in this matter.

Well, for me, I want it to escalate into global thermonuclear war. The only reason I am not at war is by personal request of Grub.

The hope for escalation is official NSO policy in this matter.

This is disingenuous, if you loved war so much and think so little of us you could have invoked the Moldavi Doctrine while we were still raiding FoA, why didn't you?

The more this conflict develops, the more I find myself unable to sit idly by...

Although it hurts me to go against Grub, I cannot sit by while such ignorance is perpetuated. Grub clearly said in that discussion, that he was not there on official business, and that he was just dropping by. Thus, if he felt offended by anything, he could have just left. Anything said, had nothing to do with his IC character or alliance in a serious way. It should not be part of the CB and it should not even be mentioned, and to say otherwise is blasphemy in my book.

wait, you are calling me ignorant? it does not matter whether Grub was there on official business or just to visit. FACT is, he got racial slurs thrown at him before he opened his mouth. FACT is, that regardless of whether or not he was there for diplomacy, diplomatic procedures should be followed (such as being respectful) especially considering it is well known that neither alliance likes the other.

so please call me ignorant while you show your own. and sorry, but if the racial slur is not IC, then it is OOC which makes it even worse as why should Grub be OOC attacked for IC actions? yes, i am the one that is perpetuating ignorance...

Secondly, what \m/ do within their community, and whether you classify something they do with each other as racism, is not Polaris' nor your right to decide. Nobody but \m/ will ever have that right.

this part is just false. if it was done in their private channel i would agree with you. but it is done in their public channel where anyone can see it and thus, given the fact that it is public, anyone can judge it. if they do not wish to be judged as a bunch of racists then they should keep their antics private and not public for all to see. so, yes, since it is public, we all have the right to judge them as we see fit.

The funny thing is that \m/ could end this whole thing in less than 5 minutes with no reps or anything, but they choose not to. But if they want to cast themselves in the role of martyrs then that is their choice, nobody is forcing them to do that.

Far be it for them to stand up for what they believe in like you guys, eh?

Hopefully they will be made to pay for what they believe in, because it is simpy wrong.

If what they believe in is being able to raid alliances and polar is trying to stop that practice, then perhaps polar shouldn't be holding treaties with GOONS and MK. I believe they said they're going to war for lack of diplomacy however.

After some time to think about it...

Polar isn't going to get the "Defenders of Morality" label from me, as in this world there has never been such a thing, compared to many who have claimed such a title, even labeling their war coalitions as such.

However, they have my respect, because after so many cries of "Bring It" and "Do Something About It" in the global discourse...Polar actually did something about it. They didn't try to lay political traps to do it, in order to cry foul, they instead decided to man up and do something about it directly and in your face.

Whatever the eventual outcome, such a path is worthy of respect.

I disagree for similar reasons. Even after doing it, they're so concerned with how it's perceived that they can't even own up to it being "just doing something." It's about saving the community and saving ourselves and blah blah blarg I can't keep talking because my mouth is filling with puke.

I disagree for similar reasons. Even after doing it, they're so concerned with how it's perceived that they can't even own up to it being "just doing something." It's about saving the community and saving ourselves and blah blah blarg I can't keep talking because my mouth is filling with puke.

Which is worse...you trying so vigorously to label this war as you see it or us doing the same? Neither really interest me much, so just enjoy it for whatever it may be. Also, I'm sorry you got vomit on your sweater.

If what they believe in is being able to raid alliances and polar is trying to stop that practice, then perhaps polar shouldn't be holding treaties with GOONS and MK. I believe they said they're going to war for lack of diplomacy however.

I didn't know Mushroom Kingdom condoned raiding alliances, considering their reaction to Athens little experiment with the practice.

But I suppose you'd know better than I would on that count.