Ragnarok Announcement

Van Hoo III

So is your word against his?

Well obviously you would try to defend yourself, so this really means little. Really, you can't disprove him, he can't disprove you, so threads like these only accomplish saying "this is my story, believe me!".

I wish I had the 5 minutes back that I spent reading this thread.

Tbh, if Hoo really said what they think he said, I don't think he'd care. Hell, I wouldn't. NPO had no problem saying it over and over, and TPF didn't when it came to NoV.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well obviously you would try to defend yourself, so this really means little. Really, you can't disprove him, he can't disprove you, so threads like these only accomplish saying "this is my story, believe me!".

I wish I had the 5 minutes back that I spent reading this thread.

After reading the whole Hoo-Warbucks thread more than a few times, not too mention Caffine's thread in World Affairs, some things speak for themselves.

Anyone who would like to look at my computer in person can see that the logs are intact, and that the line is there. I was merely making a point- unless someone hacked me- then the logs are correct. Now who on earth would hack me to put a lousy line in a log?

This is a nice move- claiming that incriminating logs are fake. Unfortunately, the line that is supposedly "fake" IS there, and it finishes your thought there when you are calling NPO, and IRON, CDT, etc toadies that deserve their wrath.

But I suppose you just want more drama.

*sighs*

Oh hey, here we go!

Anyone who would like to look at my computer in person can see that the logs are intact, and that the line is there. I was merely making a point- unless someone hacked me- then the logs are correct. Now who on earth would hack me to put a lousy line in a log?

This is a nice move- claiming that incriminating logs are fake. Unfortunately, the line that is supposedly "fake" IS there, and it finishes your thought there when you are calling NPO, and IRON, CDT, etc toadies that deserve their wrath.

But I suppose you just want more drama.

*sighs*

Careful. Someone might sneak in and alter your post.

And the minute it took for you to post in it? ;)

What can I say, its 4:30 AM, I'd already invested the first 5, decided that the extra one wasn't the worst of it.

But really, you claim he edited the logs, thats a two way street, you've got a text editor just as he has. Theres no way to say who did it, and really only two people know, and threads like these... whats the purpose?

Edited by memoryproblems

Sadly, given your historical tendency to lie about a number of issues, it's difficult to tell who's telling the truth on this one, and certainly you've shown disdain for the right of rulers to continue in this world in the past.

A number of issues? By admin, why on earth would Hoo ever lie to you? The fact that he even talks to you outside of answer your blunders you call replies in our announcements is just him showing weakness. And yes, sadly though, Hoo cant love everyone.

What can I say, its 4:30 AM, I'd already invested the first 5, decided that the extra one wasn't the worst of it.

But really, you claim he edited the logs, thats a two way street, you've got a text editor just as he has.

Well that makes an extra 2 minutes now, plus another few for reading responses to your post.

10 minutes sound fair?

A number of issues? By admin, why on earth would Hoo ever lie to you? The fact that he even talks to you outside of answer your blunders you call replies in our announcements is just him showing weakness. And yes, sadly though, Hoo cant love everyone.

I know a lot of the things Hoo says to other people, not just myself. ;)

Unfortunately, the line that is supposedly "fake" IS there

Suppose we know where it comes from, then. A previous poster is right, the rest of the logs are far worse than that line and he's fine with owning up to them - there's no damn reason to deny it short of it being made up. Add in that your excuses are baseless (you can edit logs very easily), it sounds very little like Hoo, and only one of you is willing to provide full - timestamped logs and it does paint a very telling picture.

So this is where the "they are out to get IRON and TOP" thing came from. Gotta admit, this is some good work from the other side, and seems to have worked. Planning does take time when you are faking logs in order to get alliances to join your side.

Wow, just about 9 hours go TOP's GM, Crymson posted the faked Van Hoo logs to TOP's general membership "from a trusted source".

TOP gov. trying to convince TOP members and it's allies with fake logs is saddening.

I guess I made the right decision to leave TOP.

So you're gonna crap on your alliance leader, and believe some random one, when the random offers no proof but his word? I don't know who to believe here between Hoo and the ADI guy, and quite frankly, I don't care. Just thought I'd say, way to go, smearing your old alliance and posting (summarizing) things from its private, members only sections. :rolleyes:

Edited by rabonnobar

Wow, just about 9 hours go TOP's GM, Crymson posted the faked Van Hoo logs to TOP's general membership "from a trusted source".

TOP gov. trying to convince TOP members and it's allies with fake logs is saddening.

Hey I left TOP too wanna join SVOF?

The rest of this thread is going to consist of people with an interest in the logs being true or those with reason to be angry at Hoo (Hey, who in this scenario could possibly fit in that category?) insisting that Hoo is lying and/or that it's his word against Warbuck's and so everyone should just ignore this topic, while his allies defend him. No one will make any headway in the argument. Taunts, horrible zingers and unfortunate posts will fill a couple dozen pages and none of it will matter because everyone in the topic will have made up their mind on the matter upon having read the OP and the subsequent discussion will consist of those people defending their opinion against others doing the same thing. Nobody with a chance to be swayed will ever read any of the argument.

There, I just saved us all a lot of time and energy.

I believe these are the full logs.

http://!@#$%*.com/m679d346f

Gotta say, this made me lol.

Sidenote - i believe this would be better suited in an OOC area rather than in Alliance Announcements.

Atleast do it right and don't add an extra space to the start of the fake line where there wasn't one on the proper logs >_> right give away.

This is the form in which I first saw the logdump.

[19:19:54] <VanHooIII[RoK]>But IRON, CDT, and TPF are from a different era ... an era of NPO rule that theymiss

[19:20:09] <VanHooIII[RoK]>They are a group of toadies who gained power by sucking up to the NPO

[19:20:21] <VanHooIII[RoK]>With the NPO gone, they are suffering for past sins

[19:20:33] <VanHooIII[RoK]>And have no learned that this is a new world and their ways no longer fly

[19:20:59] <VanHooIII[RoK]>not*

[19:21:38] <VanHooIII[RoK]>and they need to leave the game

Varying spacing at the beginning of lines is weird, but probably just an artifact of being copypasted around a lot.

Edit: And not only is it weird, it's not preserved by this forum. Well anyway, there was one space before the first, second, fourth and fifth lines, but two spaces before the third and sixth lines.

Edited by Haflinger