Ragnarok Announcement

Van Hoo III

the fact that Warbuck resorted to the classic "I got hacked" scapegoat really does give that much more credibility to Hoo.

Reread his post.

He said "No, you're faking."

Thus setting up the no u cycle. We should see another 1000 posts at least of no u.

(personally it wouldn't surprise me if they're both lying... and Delta posted the real logs)

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[19:19:54] <VanHooIII[RoK]>But IRON, CDT, and TPF are from a different era ... an era of NPO rule that theymiss

[19:20:09] <VanHooIII[RoK]>They are a group of toadies who gained power by sucking up to the NPO

[19:20:21] <VanHooIII[RoK]>With the NPO gone, they are suffering for past sins

[19:20:33] <VanHooIII[RoK]>And have no learned that this is a new world and their ways no longer fly

[19:20:59] <VanHooIII[RoK]>not*

[19:21:38] <VanHooIII[RoK]>and they need to leave the game

Look at the beginning of each line. One of these lines is not like the others. Hoo capitalizes everything.

No go back and look at Warbuck's typing. He doesn't captilize anything.

Uh oh.

Somebody doesn't pay attention to detail but some people do.

That too is an artifact of being copypasted around a lot.

Reread his post.

He said "No, you're faking."

Thus setting up the no u cycle. We should see another 1000 posts at least of no u.

(personally it wouldn't surprise me if they're both lying... and Delta posted the real logs)

Warbuck's post directly contradicting what he said in query? My, but this sounds familiar...

the fact that Warbuck resorted to the classic "I got hacked" scapegoat really does give that much more credibility to Hoo. yes it might be biased because my alliance holds a treaty with RoK. But if I saw someone debating something where only the two knew the correct answer, one was holding his ground making strong accusations and the other was rocking around and nervous, giving out bogus responses that tried to redirect blame on something or someone else, well needless to say, I'd be inclined to agree with the first person.

So either Warbuck did fake the logs, or even if not, this just shows his true, weak character.

You ever have someone tell you something so ridiculous that you respond with sarcasm?

That is what I did. Read between the lines- I was either hacked or the logs are real- was my point. And hell no, I don't believe I was hacked.

You will notice that in these logs directly before the section in question, found in the OP, this is not the case.

He also doesn't always follow that rule in the wall o logs he posted where he talked to Warbuck about this. I'm not saying I doubt him, I have no opinion on the matter right now, I'm just saying that point doesn't hold much water.

Ah but there is a difference. In your logs Hoo was rapid fire typing so probably skipped a few. Now look at Warbuck's again. Hoo wasn't typing in a hurry. He would probably use his old capitalizing fetish.

In seriousness though... the faked logs and the real logs really say the same thing. RoK, or at least Mr. HOO believes the TPF war will be a way to teach not only TPF but IRON and CDT a lesson. Though personally I don't see what IRON and CDT have done wrong exactly, nevermind the legitimacy of the CB against TPF.

How the $%&@ do "artifacts" pop up by it bein copy-pasted a lot - moreso in the middle of a line of text? Just when i think i can't be surprised by the sheer stupidity of anything you post i'm surprised yet again.

Umm... I said they were at the _start_ of a line of text.

How they appear is from being pasted around different IRC clients and/or forums. Screwing up spacing is the most common thing that forums do to posts.

In seriousness though... the faked logs and the real logs really say the same thing. RoK, or at least Mr. HOO believes the TPF war will be a way to teach not only TPF but IRON and CDT a lesson. Though personally I don't see what IRON and CDT have done wrong exactly, nevermind the legitimacy of the CB against TPF.

Funny how other alliances turn up in the most random of places dont you think?

You consulted an "expert" friend, and claimed someone hacked you, sarcastically? Fail train, choo-choo!

No, he said it might have been possible. Don't try to spin it.

Also, the capitalization argument is massive fail. You can see from those logs VanHoo doesn't capitalize the beginning of every sentence, and in another instance in the same logs he being a sentence with a lower case 'and'.

Another point: He must see all sorts if he was 'hacked' and this line appeared conveniently right at that time where he was querying Hoo, and it then went into logs.

I personally find this quite hard to believe.

So let's stick with the hacking idea. His computer was hacked, and someone changed the one line.

I also find this hard to believe. You might want to run AVG or whatever you Windows users are using these days. You could say someone on Coldfront messed with it but this is impossible; it can't be interfered: http://www.xq-hq.org/monitoring.txt

Not sure what else there is to disprove from a technical aspect, I'm sure there is though. It would have to be someone from CN who was aware of these conversations happening, to then go hack and edit. It's just ridiculous.

On top of that I can just believe Hoo :P

You win the thread.

I assume Warbuck would have had to have been the one to leak the logs in the first place (edited or not) so his credibility goes out the window right away. And the whole 'oh noes someone must have hacked my logs' is not the natural response of someone who has nothing to hide and reeks of desperation.

Edited by Kindom of Goon

No, he said it might have been possible. Don't try to spin it.

And then he posted saying that when he said it might have been possible, he was being sarcastic. Which is ridiculous. You don't consult friends and come to a conclusion when you're being sarcastic.

Don't know about IRON, but for us, well - RoK used to be a CDT member. Hoo's motivations couldn't have anything to do with petty revenge & dramas, now could it?

Wow, just about 9 hours go TOP's GM, Crymson posted the faked Van Hoo logs to TOP's general membership "from a trusted source".

TOP gov. trying to convince TOP members and it's allies with fake logs is saddening.

I guess I made the right decision to leave TOP.

I would not come down so hard on Crymson, if i was in his shoes, and i got handed logs that were handed over as being the real deal and they showed a credible threat to my alliance, i would for sure do what Crymson did. It is all part of being responsible for the welbeing of your alliance mates, its what a good leader does. Cares for his people.

I assume Warbuck would have had to have been the one to leak the logs in the first place (edited or not) so his credibility goes out the window right away. And the whole 'oh noes someone much have hacked my logs' is not the natural response of someone who has nothing to hide.

QFT. I'm pretty sure if someone told me they didn't say something I have logs of them saying I'd reply "BS." Or something along those lines. It's sorta like that time on House when there's the husband and wife with herpes. House makes up this lie about how one of them could have gotten it from a toilet seat and the wife is all like "no I always put paper down first" and the husband's like "Oops! My bad! That must have been it" so then House knows that it was the husband having the affair.

Don't know about IRON, but for us, well - RoK used to be a CDT member. Hoo's motivations couldn't have anything to do with petty revenge & dramas, now could it?

Name one alliance that Hoo has forced out of the game, and then maybe I'll believe you.

I mean, he came from \m/.

I don't like you or your alliance, but you've done nothing that I would want "revenge" over. If I had a reason to attack you, I would just do so.

I would not come down so hard on Crymson, if i was in his shoes, and i got handed logs that were handed over as being the real deal and they showed a credible threat to my alliance, i would for sure do what Crymson did. It is all part of being responsible for the welbeing of your alliance mates, its what a good leader does. Cares for his people.

Word. Crymson is cool.